Chastity

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi,
I'm just curious about something here:

I've never heard abouna or anyone from the CHurch give a sermon on chastity. Have you seen any? Has your abouna given you a talk about chastity?

I've never seen one article by the CoC (Priest/Monk/Bishop/Pope) about this subject.

Why is that? and if there is, could u please forward me it?

Thanks

Comments

• Brilliant. Thanks St Malatini!!

BTW, i just wanted to know (i'm about to dive into these links) but could u tell me: are they from abouna's or just church servants.

See -that was my point.. i didnt see any clergy talk about this.

Thanks a million
  • Oh man, Fr. Anthony Messiah doesn't count. c'mon.. lol
    Are there any others??

Please do not get me wrong: I really like to hear Fr. Anthony, but i'm asking for others because I KNOW that fr. Anthony WILL discuss these topics.

I was just hoping for a bishop or metropolitan to have even published something.
  • In my first post with the links, the first article is by a church servant.  The other three are by clergy. 

In the post with the sermons, in the first link, one is by a deacon and the other is by a priest.  The other sermons link is a page of different categories of sermons having to do with love, marriage, etc.  Most, or all, of them are by bishops/priests.

Hope this helps! God be with you and your wife!
  • Hi,
    Yes.. i'm married. (how did u know lol)?

I guess it must look strange a married guy reading stuff on chastity? but I find this topic so interesting. THanks
  • I only knew you were married because I had replied to some of your previous posts.  It's not strange or anything that you are wanting to read more on the topic of purity.  It's a virtue!  Did the links help at all? 
  • [quote author=Ti Agia Malatini link=topic=6956.msg93115#msg93115 date=1216482586]
    I only knew you were married because I had replied to some of your previous posts.  It's not strange or anything that you are wanting to read more on the topic of purity.  It's a virtue!  Did the links help at all? 

You know, I tend to believe that chastity is also part of marriage. The fact that u are one body with your wife, means literally that both her and I are one with Christ. So, purity of heart, and sexual purity at that is still relevant for married couples. But, although i need it for me (always).. i need for another reason.

Now, to answer your question: did any of it help me?

No not really.  It didnt. It really wasn't focused on chastity at all.

But I benefitted from listening to them with respect to other topics, but it wasn't related to chastity -it was related more to humility, and theological issues.

Also, i personally think that Dr. Baki is brilliant in theological/spiritual guidance. I gain a lot from his "spiritual" lectures (dogma, bible studies, general spirituality), but not really with respect to topics within marriage. I think he over stepped the mark in some issues related to relations within marriage.

Perhaps u should all hear the lectures yourself and tell me

THe reason why I need the material is to do with the fact that I was asked to give a talk on chastity at a school once. I know I'll be asked again very soon, so I just wanted to prepare myself. THe last time I talked, I focused on ONE specific area.. That's it. (I was asked to focus on one area). I'd like to prepare more thoroughly because the kids tend to ask u about what concerns them, not really what u are concerned about.
  • hey can you plz post the link for this dr. baki and his lectures concerning those subjects (also the one on celibacy within marriage..)

Thanks in advance

God Bless
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6956.msg93153#msg93153 date=1216581672]
    hey can you plz post the link for this dr. baki and his lectures concerning those subjects (also the one on celibacy within marriage..)

Thanks in advance

God Bless

Well, one is below (in the links from Tiagia Malatini), and the rest can be found here:

http://www.drnabilbaky.com/ --> go to audio --> Orthodox Marriage ---> i think its in there..
    U can hear them all. Its quite interesting.