Is there any taste in the white of an egg?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Job 6:6 (New King James Version)

Can flavorless food be eaten without salt?
      Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

i was reading in Job yesterday night, and in Chapter 6 He states that there is no flavour in the white of an egg, sorry for the random question, but i just couldn't help but wonder: Is there flavour in the white of an egg?

Comments

• [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6955.msg93029#msg93029 date=1216405168]
    Job 6:6 (New King James Version)

Can flavorless food be eaten without salt?
          Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

i was reading in Job yesterday night, and in Chapter 6 He states that there is no flavour in the white of an egg, sorry for the random question, but i just couldn't help but wonder: Is there flavour in the white of an egg?

I don't know, but why don't u try it at home? Perhaps that's the lesson in the Bible for you this week?

All i can tell u is that if u cook it, and make eggs, then it has some taste, but I'm not sure if its due to the white of the egg, or to the actual butter that's used to cook the egg.

Having said that, today I had an omelette that was really strange. I don't know what the chef did, but it was basically egg-white boiled with milk. It didnt have that much taste. The egg white just has a co-agulating effect, not really much of a taste. I didnt finish the omlette.

• this is just poetry! he's talking out of anger... so he's saying the food is tasteless, its like his life is just tasteless... and the white of the egg, is just tasteless... when he talks about the white of the egg, he's talking about how the egg whites are WHITE, pure, yet there is no taste, compared to the yoke, where all the fat is!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=6955.msg93035#msg93035 date=1216405972]
    this is just poetry! he's talking out of anger... so he's saying the food is tasteless, its like his life is just tasteless... and the white of the egg, is just tasteless... when he talks about the white of the egg, he's talking about how the egg whites are WHITE, pure, yet there is no taste, compared to the yoke, where all the fat is!

No dude..
    He's saying that u need to put salt on the egg to make it taste good.
  • Look, the best thing to do Coptic Pharoah is to find a book by H.H on the taste of Egg-Whites, then that way, u'll have the official answer. Otherwise, everyone's just guessing, and none of us are cooks.

You could just ask a chef??
  • i would try it if today was not friday....
  • LOL... well its to prove the bible so you can break your fast!

p.s. by all means do not break your fast!
  • wait, what type of egg should i try? like boiled? or sunny side up? ;D
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6955.msg93042#msg93042 date=1216409212]
    wait, what type of egg should i try? like boiled? or sunny side up? ;D

Whatever, but I'm telling u now, if u add too much milk and try and make an omlette, it will be a disaster.

THe main thing is this: pray for guidance before u decide.
  • ok. so it will be an egg, with no salt, no peper, no butter (hopefully it wont stick to the pan ;)) and no milk, just EGG. and i shall pray for guidance on what type of egg, or i could just do both types?
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6955.msg93045#msg93045 date=1216410731]
    ok. so it will be an egg, with no salt, no peper, no butter (hopefully it wont stick to the pan ;)) and no milk, just EGG. and i shall pray for guidance on what type of egg, or i could just do both types?

Man, I don't know.. ask your FoC? Always! Never leave him out of the picture, and u never know, perhaps he'd come over and have a bite with u?
  • if i ask that to my FoC He would just lugh, i really doubt He has tried it before..... but iti s a very goood point that i ca use to make Him come visit :P
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6955.msg93049#msg93049 date=1216411641]
    if i ask that to my FoC He would just lugh, i really doubt He has tried it before..... but iti s a very goood point that i ca use to make Him come visit :P

Yeah, ask him to pray for u.
    Forget the egg.. just ask him to pray for u.
  • but the egg would make Him laugh, and He would be "looking forward" to that visit....
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6955.msg93053#msg93053 date=1216411836]
    but the egg would make Him laugh, and He would be "looking forward" to that visit....

Great. it looks like a win-win situation.

Please Let us know how it goes.
  • lol u guys are funnny

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ