Appreciate any thoughts

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I wake up this morning with sad news, a colleague of mine at work passed away; she was 44, married with two kids. Spiritually she was Orthodox but hardly ever went to church, knew little about the bible but she had a kind heart, thoughtful of others, having sympathy and feelings for people with problems, saw everything from the human angle. At work, she was extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable; strived to live in accordance with high moral values. She was an outstanding wife, loved her family dearly. She was best described as an angel, blessed everyone around her.

My questions are: Will she go to haven even she was not active in the church? Why she was taken in young age? I am struggling to understand what happened or find versus in the bible to ease my sadness.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Comments

• no one can answer if she went to Heaven or not.... for if someone does they would be blasphemous!

about her dying at a young age... you said she was an angel on earth... so know that God works for the best... so maybe if she would have stayed an extra minute, she would have not been the "angel" that she was!

always remember that God works for the best... and has His appointed time for everything... Ecc 3, To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: time to be born, And a time to die...
  • actually i had a question about this tooo...
    does this mean that God takes people at the BEST time of their llife..and can this be said about everyone??

also:
    Does that mean that he takes them right when they were the best they have ever been?? and how would he know that person would have done something bad if s/he stayed a minute longer...i know this goes back to my problem with understanding freewill and such but...
  • Thanks Superman for your kind words, the news was shocking to me and I was rumbling when I wrote my post. Knowing her for many years may be I felt guilty because I didn’t push her enough to visit the church. I think as Superman suggested, God is the only one who has the full supernatural power to answer why she was taken in young age or anyone else for that matter. Hopefully she will hear the heavenly voice saying “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise and for those who mourn you, I will wipe every tear from their eyes, there will be no crying or pain because they know you are in haven now”

I would ask we pray for her soul to rest in peace and to give her family the strength to face the new reality after her departure.
  • who knows what she had in her heart she could have been a living saint amongest us and we would not even know. it is about what is in peoples heart.jesus preaches love and she could have had the most lovable actions and heart.maybe she did not go to church or anything but maybe she had a very close relitonship with god and read the bible and prayed and lived in a very christian way god bless her sould i will pray for her
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6906.msg92661#msg92661 date=1215915278]
    actually i had a question about this tooo...
    does this mean that God takes people at the BEST time of their llife..and can this be said about everyone??

also:
    Does that mean that he takes them right when they were the best they have ever been?? and how would he know that person would have done something bad if s/he stayed a minute longer...i know this goes back to my problem with understanding freewill and such but...

That's actually what I hear is that God takes us at the point where we are the closest to him.
  • I really don't think that is right because thieves might die while stealing and they could have repented. Or for example heretics could have been taken up while they were in the faith and close to God. I really don't think that we can say that God takes people in their moments.
  • [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=6906.msg92690#msg92690 date=1216004297]
    I really don't think that is right because thieves might die while stealing and they could have repented. Or for example heretics could have been taken up while they were in the faith and close to God. I really don't think that we can say that God takes people in their moments.

darn :/