Something Nice to Watch - Marcelino,Bread and Wine

edited June 2008 in Random Issues
The following story in the Youtube video is about a child who was left on the doorstep of a monastery as an infant.His name, Marcelino was raised by the Monks. The Monks cared for him well but he had no friends of his own and was lonely and missed having a mother.In a way, he changed their lives. One day he found a special friend in the forbidden loft of the monastry, someone hanging on a cross....The Video is the important last 10 min part of the movie and has a symbolic meaning .I' d say, the movie fits for the family, children,the youth and everybody. I got it in my email and thought I should share it with you.BTW, Marcelino has an imaginary friend with whom he always talks.

Comments

• Wow.... I am half way through it and I love it!
    bas i have no audio!

Is this a true story???
  • I don't know if i am going to sound weird/crazy/insanse but when i was watching that video and thought if that happened to me..... ex. if i saw a saint pix come to life, or i saw incense and then a saint/angel, or a pix talked to me or somen miraclious.. (eventhough i am full of sins)
    I would 1. Scream 2. get my behind out of that room. 3. never go in that room again.
    I would get realy scard eventhough i know it is a blessing a huge huge blessing!!!!!! bas begad i would get scared!
    is this just me??!!! i know other peaps at my church feel the same way!
  • ya, probably I would do the same lol. I think according to the catholic church, this is a real story.

PK
  • its actually a made up story! but very intriguing though... would be cool if it was true!
  • oh, I saw something with this title before at an online bookstore and so that's how I assumed it was real.

PK
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6858.msg92015#msg92015 date=1214888432]
    Wow.... I am half way through it and I love it!
    bas i have no audio!

Is this a true story???

bas you are missing the fleshy part without audio.You need to listen to the converstion to fully appreciate why the Lord had compassion with the child.Bas ya3ni, do your best to have your audio fixed :)

I am not sure of the story is true or not. But I say why not? Be like children to inherit the kingdom of God,says the Lord. Even if it is not true, the value it presents is owesome.  but I read somewhere that it was a real occurance and also here is how the Catholic ETWN (Eternal Word Television Network) put it:

EWTN - Miracle of Marcelino - -- Award Winning, Heart warming, classic true story of a young child (Marcelino) with an unforgettable ending. Produced in 1956, this is one of the most popular dramas ever done. It tells the heartwarming story of a baby boy left on the doorstep of a Franciscan monastery. He is then parented by the monks and as a young child encounters the crucified Jesus

If anyone wants to watch the whole movie, holla at me.
  • i am holliring!! :P
  • i watched it on the way home from the monestary..
    really good movie...and i don't remember i think my aunt told me it was a true story..
    and i don't dubt that.