Is it wrong to love and lost or love and admire your crush

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I have a question is it wrong in our coptic faith to love and go out with your crush if your 13 or is it better to just love and admire your crush tell them  pick..

Now this is the weird one is it better to love and admire your crush BUT she loves you back pick which one out of the 3 i want to know the results

- Markos

Comments

• The answer is Yes it is wrong. Wait till your ready for marriage to start dating.....there are sooooo many reasons and im sure everyone on this site will agree with me when i say this. I do not have the energy to list these reasons (too many) so just wait. You will change and your interests will change so there is no point...plus you are way to young, your a baby  :P

God bless
    Tony
  • i know its wrong i was just wondering..
  • to add to what Amoussa said.....
    at 13 you do not "know love" not that specific kind of love that brings you to marriage. as you said, it's just a crush.....
  • Yes, It is very very wrong to date unless your looking to get married. My thirteen year old friend dates and I've been trying to get him away from it forever. He is just getting annoyed at me and my other friends just because we are trying to make him stop dating. I know it is wrong because it is pointless, can lead to sin, has you influenced and many other reasons. Any suggestions on what to do with my dating friend? I did my duty and told him it is wrong and tried to take him away but no use. Should I tell Abouna? Should I leave him be? Any suggestions?

Thanks agian,
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • [quote author=copt andrew link=topic=6788.msg91029#msg91029 date=1213819200]
    Don't call him a baby just because he is thirteen. Not it is only offensive to him but to everyone viewing the forums who are 13 and under. I am very active on these forms and I am thirteen so please do not call anyone a baby unless they are 2 years old and younger. I'm not really taking it to seriously but I'm afrid someone else will get hurt. Children have the most unprotected feelings. (I know from experience when my friend called my four year old brother a baby, my brother threw a tantrum and started crying.) Thank God though you need to be old enough to read and click this topic to actually see it.

I don't think Tony was trying to offend anyone, he was just saying that this guy is very young and really doesn't know whats out there. Baby is not necesarily a deragetory word, no need to be offended. A 13 year old, for sure does not know ANYTHING about true love. If anything Tony put it in a more polite way. The fact is 13 is very very young and in that sense baby like(Knowledgewise, you could be an amazing christian and knowledgeable for your age but nonetheless young.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • I know Tony didn't mean anything.  ;D.  I'm just afraid someone might get offended.

Sorry Tony,
    Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • I am twenty. I have been "in love" many times. I thank God that I have kept the Christian (not Coptic! No true authentic Christianity would allow casual dating) teachings in this regard. If only I kept it in other things.
  • I would like to add what my father of confession said with regards to this issue...

The goal is to draw clear lines around what you want to avoid, and maintain those boundaries. Of course, no physical contact would take place, but if you know and trust yourself to maintain your limits, you should be fine...
  • well, i think it is wrong to date before marriage, but as you all say...when you are 13, what you know about love to other girl or boy?;) my mums say-when you are teenegaer, you date, but when you are 30...you not only kiss and hug. so it means that if someone is 13 years old will only meet a nice girl and talk to her, be happy to be beside her. i dont think he goona sin if he does it.
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6788.msg92088#msg92088 date=1214964453]
    I am twenty. I have been "in love" many times. I thank God that I have kept the Christian (not Coptic! No true authentic Christianity would allow casual dating) teachings in this regard. If only I kept it in other things.

I dont get what you are saying, what is wrong with Coptic? We don't allow dating. So i don't understand. I need you to clarify this.
  • I've dated TOO many times! and I'm 21... but I'm stupid for doing that... I've lost so much and gained very little! God will send you the right person in the right time, and I'm not God or anything but i can tell you its not gonna be when you're thirteen, or anywhere close to that!
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=6788.msg92122#msg92122 date=1214997313]
    [quote author=clay link=topic=6788.msg92088#msg92088 date=1214964453]
    I am twenty. I have been "in love" many times. I thank God that I have kept the Christian (not Coptic! No true authentic Christianity would allow casual dating) teachings in this regard. If only I kept it in other things.

I dont get what you are saying, what is wrong with Coptic? We don't allow dating. So i don't understand. I need you to clarify this.

I am saying it is not just Coptic faith, but Christian faith that does not approve of dating.
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6788.msg92140#msg92140 date=1215007392]
    [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=6788.msg92122#msg92122 date=1214997313]
    [quote author=clay link=topic=6788.msg92088#msg92088 date=1214964453]

I am saying it is not just Coptic faith, but Christian faith that does not approve of dating as it is practiced.
  • ok thanks took a while for me to understand