10 Minas

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,
Can someone explain to me what this means.
Luke chapter 19:

Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. Therefore He said: "A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, "Do business till I come.' But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We will not have this man to reign over us.
What's 10 minas?

Comments

• I think it is a monetary unit (correct me if i'm wrong). Do not know about the conversions though.

• Yeah, its a monetary unit, worth then about 3 months wages.

pray for me

joe
  • lol, when i saw the name of this thread i actually thought it was something random like trying to find 10 Mina's on this forum ;D (sorry, u can continue now :P)
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6852.msg91917#msg91917 date=1214824193]
    lol, when i saw the name of this thread i actually thought it was something random like trying to find 10 Mina's on this forum ;D (sorry, u can continue now :P)

Yeah, that would definately be a really random topic.

I'm trying to stick to topics related to the Coptic Orthodox Church.

If your name is Mina, or you know of a Mina, please ignore this post. It doesn't concern you unless you did business with someone for a mina.
  • Hahaha  :) :)