Miracles in Your Lives

edited June 2008 in Faith Issues
Hi,

After the very smart thread on your favourite saints, I was thinking that it would be beneficial to write down the miracles that have happened to you, through their prayers. This is a testimony of our relationship with the Living God.

Now, for me personally, I have to admit, the weirdest things happened. In fact.. unfortunately it happened to me when I was around 16/17 that .... it probably didn't do my faith any good. Ya3ni.. it scared me to death the miraculous stuff I saw, to the extent I think it really troubled me. I feared God so much that... praying became quite hard. Of course, i'm thankful for the result.. its wonderful what happened..don't get me wrong, but the enormity and magnitude of it was so big... it just was too much to take in as young kid.

But anyway - I'd love to hear stories of what has happened to you. Although I love the saints and the Lord for His miracles, hearing other stories would also be a great comfort to me personally. If you can also write down the age when this miracle happened, that would be really cool.

Comments

• A little less then 5 years ago, when I was 18, I got one of the worst headaches in the world. It was unimaginable the thing that bugs me a little, I was misdiagnosed at first. For about a year before I was having headaches and  told I had papilidema so it had to be a pseudo-tumor. Well anyway, that night my parents luckily took me to the ER. (I’m thinking oh great their going to do another lumber puncture) 
    After a couple of hours in the ER a doctor final decides to do an MRI instead of the CT scans that my neurologist has been doing . ( I’m crediting that with St. Anasimone my favorite saint , since it was a female doctor) The MRI showed about 4 AVM’s so they wanted to operate.  I naturally was scared to death but when I look back at it St. Abanoub’s  story comforts me. I had to have an emobilization and 2 craniotomies. They couldn’t get them all I would also have to have radio surgery, that’s were St. Thomas comes in. When it was time for the radio surgery, I mean the first time it was canceled because of another case but only after they placed the halo. The second time the halo was placed, and the angiogram that felt like I was on fire, I was told the AVM is gone.  Doctors being doctors told be he should do it again in a year to make sure it was really gone but I’m sure it’s gone.
    Maybe it’s my nerves, I don’t know but don’t 3 halos make a martyr?
  • Heh. I still remember way way way back when I was about four years old. I had the worst stomach ace ever, (But then again I was four so it probably wasn't that bad.) I was in so much pain so I thought to my self: "Lord Jesus please make my tummy all better." And right away in a few milliseconds my stomach felt better then ever.

Also when I was about 9 my father was getting a higher rank in being a Deacon. In my church there is a huge window. It is circler and it is right behind the balcony, I saw two doves there. Just hovering and then they disappeared. No one else saw it (that I know of). It was to long to remember but I wouldn't be surprised if it was during Pentecost or St. Mary's Glorification.

Also in an un-ordained alter me and my friend where practicing deacon responses and when we came to the three turns around the alter when we were using the bible cover and a cross we heard the bells of a chureya. We both thought we were hearing things until I said, is it just me or do I hear a chureya? He said I hear it to. Unfortunately we run. We got scared. Although now I wish we haven't. This happened about three years ago.

My friend told one of the elders in church and he claims it to be an Angel. And then he helped us with the responses in Coptic, English  ;D (I am currently 13 so the elder is now about...22....Probably just a boy to some of you)

And the Lord helped me though many of my problems in my currently short life.

Praise him and exalt him above all, Forever.
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Did anyone here have any apparitions? Seriously??
  • QT_PA_2T, do u mind sharing with us the miracles that happened with u so we can benefit from them aswell?
    -thanx

pls keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • guys, i need a miracle....life for me right now is going a little rough. It has been like this for a while and I can use some prayers please. Thanks

GB
    Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6803.msg91176#msg91176 date=1213942000]
    guys, i need a miracle....life for me right now is going a little rough. It has been like this for a while and I can use some prayers please. Thanks

GB
    Tony

Tony,
    Trust in the Lord. Its this time, when you go through sufferings, that you share something in common with Christ. I strongly suggest that you do not cease in prayer and just continue to pray and even thank God for this period of suffering as it gives u a chance to share in His Sufferings.

• Thank you Qt for your words of comfort. I feel that i am in deep distress because of my lack of such action such as prayer and reading the Holy Bible. Of course i know i should do this but my laziness and temptations drive me nuts...its seriously getting out of hand. Anyway, i do not want to bore you all with my problems; im not even sure you guys have the time. Anyway, i would still appreciate anyone if they can just remember me in their prayers. Things just were not as they used to be...thanks in advance.

GB
    Tony
  • Did anyone here have any apparitions? Did it scare u??
    I just want to know how old were u????

Did anything supernatural happen to u??? EVER??? !!!!!

Look.. i prayed once when I was around 7 that the ice would melt in the street so we could just go to Church. It melted. My mom said :"Look!! God listened to your prayers". That was fine. I was happy with that. U wanna call it a miracle.. fine.

But there are somethings... I didnt need to see. I definately didnt deserve to witness. I didnt need to be around when they happened. Looking at all u lot, I was the last one to deserve to be present when these things happened.

Does it change your faith??? no.... it didn't. On the contrary, i think i will judged on this. It taught me a lot about myself.

I just wish to know if anyone else had witnessed apparitions etc -
    Like I said - i was just in the right place at the right time.. i'm not the cause of any this. I'm probably the reason why they stopped.
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6803.msg91180#msg91180 date=1213942926]
    Thank you Qt for your words of comfort. I feel that i am in deep distress because of my lack of such action such as prayer and reading the Holy Bible. Of course i know i should do this but my laziness and temptations drive me nuts...its seriously getting out of hand. Anyway, i do not want to bore you all with my problems; im not even sure you guys have the time. Anyway, i would still appreciate anyone if they can just remember me in their prayers. Things just were not as they used to be...thanks in advance.

GB
    Tony

Tony, LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY DUDE:

If u are in the middle of suffering right now, I'm TELLING YOU, if u want to see a miracle, do exactly like this:
    Its at THIS TIME that u need to pray.Most people focus on their sufferings (which is NORMAL) ... no no no..
    Don't do that. Focus on Christ's wounds... that will heal your suffering. Trust me!!

JUST TRUST ME ON THIS!!!
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6803.msg91182#msg91182 date=1213943248]
    [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6803.msg91180#msg91180 date=1213942926]
    Thank you Qt for your words of comfort. I feel that i am in deep distress because of my lack of such action such as prayer and reading the Holy Bible. Of course i know i should do this but my laziness and temptations drive me nuts...its seriously getting out of hand. Anyway, i do not want to bore you all with my problems; im not even sure you guys have the time. Anyway, i would still appreciate anyone if they can just remember me in their prayers. Things just were not as they used to be...thanks in advance.

GB
    Tony

Tony, LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY DUDE:

If u are in the middle of suffering right now, I'm TELLING YOU, if u want to see a miracle, do exactly like this:
    Its at THIS TIME that u need to pray.Most people focus on their sufferings (which is NORMAL) ... no no no..
    Don't do that. Focus on Christ's wounds... that will heal your suffering. Trust me!!

JUST TRUST ME ON THIS!!!

Tony, of course I saw some really crazy stuff. Like u said, it depends on how bad u want to get out of this mess u are in. If u fast and pray and focus on Christ's sufferings and INSIST.. (I mean, DO NOT take "no" for an answer) then perhaps your prayers will be heard.
  • thank you for your words of wisdom...now lets pray that i do something about it  :) :P
  • Guys,
    Sorry, i had to erase that stuff.. its my parents that this happened to. Not me. if they wanna talk about it, they can. I just think i had the right to talk about my feelings in what I saw and experienced.
  • A certain priest I know was celebrating the Holy Liturgy in a certain place in the UK, about 10 years ago. He came to the end of the Mass, when the Holy Utensils are washed, and St. Mary HERSELF was clearly evident on the plate (seneya), despite their being no pictures or icons that could cause reflection of the image. She remained there a full 5 mins, until the priest through the water and let the Angel of the Sacrifice go back to Heaven.

A very minor "miracle" though on that I will forever remember, is that I was praying in a Church in the altar, and I was bringing the censer to the priest. I suddenly had a huge doubt forming in my mind, out of the blue: "Does Jesus really exist?". Immediately, that instant, I got a very nasty burn from the censer, which instantly made me realise my doubt and expelled them.

pray for me

joe
  • Did anyone here have any apparitions of St. Mary?
  • I didn't, but the priest in my previous post did

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6803.msg91199#msg91199 date=1213950221]
    I didn't, but the priest in my previous post did

No Joe, that doesn't count. it was just a vision of her in the sanaya.. i'm talking about the real deal.
  • lol, well then I dunno anyone except some members of my family who saw St. Mary at el- Zeiton in 1967

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6803.msg91206#msg91206 date=1213951591]
    lol, well then I dunno anyone except some members of my family who saw St. Mary at el- Zeiton in 1967

pray for me

joe

lol.. the shoubra-effect.

Man... my dad had apparitions!! They were so common, its not even worth mentioning.

Dude.. i'm thinking of just opening my home as a holy shrine. 10 pounds entry.

That's the best u can do? Zeitoun??

Did u see any miracles from St. Mary?? Anything??
    What about St. kirellous?
    What about Abu Sefein? These people are SOOO ACTIVE... u are joking..

St. George is endless...

Do you guys remember St. George's Cathedral in Cairo? The entrance has a HUGE staircase?? Right?? There are no railings.. just stairs... we are talking about a long way down..
    My dad was video recording my cousin's wedding whilst walking backwards. He falls down the stairs.. now.. check this out: St. George carried him down and put him on the ground floor. lol
    NO KIDDING.

Man.. are u SURE u are from SHOUBRA!!!
    What is that??

This is what i'm talking about man...

My dad gets up brushes the dust off his clothes and just walks off. What did people see???

A man carrying him. Talk about spoilt. He suffers from epilepsy. He's very fragile in health.
    That was a minor miracle.. ya3ni.. what i term a "quickie"...

Dude.. i heard people scream. I turned around. I just saw my dad get up. INSTANTLY.
    When I saw the fall, I ran up to him. He was fine.. absolutely fine. No bones broken.. nada.

There was another time.. but i don't know if i can post it.. it was just amazing... St. Mary was involved.
    And I saw it too. Man.. be their friends. I tell u if ever u need them, or their help, the closer u are now, the better off u are.
  • lol Shoubra effect indeed. I'm sure my familly have experienced more (I know for a fact a BIG one was involved with St. Abu Seifen), I heard my mum mention going to St. Abu Seifen's Convent in Old Cairo, I asked why, and it was as if SHUTTERS had closed - she answered me not a word. I asked my dad, and he said "Maybe you'll find out in a few years"! Not an answer.

pray for me

joe
  • My goodness, abu Seifen is SOOO active.
    He's someone i can be close with.

Do u know his story?

Joe - u can't be close to all the saints. I can NEVER have the relationship my parents have with St. Mary. EVER.
  • Abu Seifen's story?
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6803.msg91213#msg91213 date=1213955784]
    Abu Seifen's story?

Yeah, do u know where I can get it from?

I know the story, i just want to tell it to my wife. Its the saddest and most touching story you could ever read about a saint.
  • have u got an email address?
  • Back in 2000 when St Mary appeared in Assiut, we went to Egypt to attend a wedding of a family member. We also have relatives in Assiut, so we were invited to go visit them a couple of days and receive the blessing of St Mary, and indeed we saw along with thousands of others the church being enlighted by heavenly light and luminating doves. It was remarkable and spectaculair :D
  • i dont know if every other member saw this but here this miracle happened to me and my brother in Christ this easter. Abu sefien is a hero!! Sorry its long.

It was Wednesday Eve of the Holy Pascha. Prayer was constantly interrupted by this young man’s upset stomach. The pain progressed throughout the night until it hurt so much even when there was a simple ditch in the road. Even walking, he found difficult. When he got home all he could do was quickly limp to his bed as by this time the pain became unbearable. The whole stomach was painful and no medicine would settle it. The pain originated from the centre of the stomach and then grew substantially until the whole centre of the abdomen was in pain, as it also began to slowly move towards the right of his body. He was given medicine, but the body rejected the medicine, resulting in vomiting. Three times medicine was tried once again, but the body kept rejecting it. The mother was full of worry as the father examined the son and concluded that he must be taken to the hospital.  The father and the brother of the young man took him to the emergency ward where he was taken in almost immediately. He was left to lie on the bad in this pain, as there was no solution for it. He spent the rest of the night in hospital as it was now about 11 o’clock at night. The nurses connected a drip, a canal and began the antibiotics. It was not until 11 o’clock the following day that the he was admitted into theatre. After the operation, the pain was excruciating. He had now not been eating for twenty-four hours and a further four hours of no food was needed. Even after constant recommendations of breaking the fast, the young man confidently refused. Dizzy spells, pains and headaches became somewhat normal to the body. He was finally discharged from the hospital on Covenant Thursday. The young man being keen on the church attended the Holy Pascha that night. Unable to walk or stand properly he was determined to please the Lord. That day after constant battle with his body he managed to get some sleep that night.

On the Glorious Good Friday, he woke up early and earnestly ready to attend Church. However, he was discouraged by his mother who was fearful for him. Dizzy spells and headaches and pain were all he could conjure from his body. He finally found the energy to go to the Church however; he was upset that he had missed out on so much. Also, because of the operation he was in no shape for fasting, so he had to sit down and drink water throughout the prayers. Finally, after the Glorious Feast, he went home. His mother had been insisting for him not to attend the Apocalypse night, however now he was determined more than ever. He didn’t rest his body merely because of the fear of not waking up in time. Upon arrival, his body was tired and weary; however he managed to make it until the reading of the Revelation. After that sleep had taken its toll and he fell asleep, only to be woken up at the start of the mass. He took part of the blessed communion and once again went home. The pain was still excruciating and now he was experiencing pain in the shoulder. This pain was to the extent where at some points, it surpassed the abdominal pain. All he could do was pray to God. However, with the prayers of his brother in Christ, he was made well within three days.

After the long day of service on Good Friday, the brother in Christ was exhausted. On returning home, he went on to the computer to chat. Originally this brother was not going to the Apocalypse service, but because of the determination of his sick and fragile brother, his love to God, and perseverance to serve God; this brother was greatly moved and went to the service. The sick brother was a shining image of God, for his brother in Christ who was lost on his spiritual path. While the two brothers in Christ were chatting over the internet, God revealed the level of high spirituality of his sick brother to his proud brother. The brother was in dire need of interference from heaven, so he can return to the way of Christ His personal Saviour. After pleading with God, God wished that he may learn a life changing lesson, to return him to His bosom.  The sick brother was usually full of energy, but while he was in pain his brother in Christ saw him at his worst possible sate. This moved him greatly and he asked God to heal him. When he went to the Apocalypse service, he took with him a few bottles of holy oil from various sources, and presented them to his sick brother that he may mix it with water to drink and be healed quickly. As the sick brother was in severe pain, he went inside the altar to rest.  His brother in Christ couldn’t believe that he was suffering immense pain, but still made the effort to attend the service. As this brother’s patron saint is St. Philopater Mercourious of the two swords, he went to his altar dedicated to his name. As he went to the altar, he cried with tears, pleading the saint to perform a miracle for the sake of his sick brother in Christ. He poured his complaint to the Lord in the name of the great saint, asking that he be healed from his pain within 3 days. He also went to the altar of St. Mary, asking her to heal his brother as he loves him greatly and cannot continue to see him suffering.  This brother walked after he pleaded with his mother and patron saint, having complete faith that the Physician of our bodies and souls would heal his sick brother in Christ.  The Compassionate Lord looked from above and saw the determination of His son to come to Him although he was sick, and the love of his brother to him, so He decided to listen to his cry, to heal him.
    After the brothers received communion, they both farewelled each other and returned to their homes. On the eve of the Glorious Feast of Resurrection, the sick brother was slightly better at church. The Lord was planning a great and extraordinary way to be glorified.  On Resurrection Sunday, church celebrations were conducted, the brother walked in church to pray and to attend the festival. At his amazement he saw an unbelievable act of wonder. The sick brother, who had been in immense pain, was standing in front of him as if nothing had happened the day before. He stood shocked, amazed of how he had been healed so quickly. The brother asked for healing to be done within 3 days, but his mother (St. Mary) and his patron saint (St. Mercourious), were determined to make him better with the healing power of the Compassionate Lord, in a day. The brother could not believe that this was his beloved brother in Christ who was extremely sick. He asked him how he was feeling, he responded much better.  He was reluctant to tell his brother the story behind his rapid recovery, as his brother might think he is a saint; but couldn’t hide God’s incredible acts with him. After much thought, the brother told him to make an oath to him, which he would not tell anyone till the day of his departure.  After he narrated the miracle to him, his brother was thankful that he had prayed for him. 

From that time onwards, the brother who had prayed for his sick brother in Christ, was closer to Christ and solves any problem with the power of prayer. Prayer moves mountains, solves the impossible and makes the link closer with the believer and His Lord.  This miracle is the fruit of true love between the two brothers in Christ, and the effectiveness of prayers.  It illustrates the power of keeping in close friendship, with the victorious Church. It shows the importance of having an intercessor, to intercede on our behalf.  This information is accurate and is truthful. Both brothers ask that the reader, pray for their weakness asking the Lord, that He may strengthen their friendship and increase their love for God and each other. May the intercessions of the ever virgin St. Mary and the prayers of the great saint St. Philopater Mercourious of the two swords, be with us all.                         

Glory be to God forever more Amen.

Forgive my weakness,
    Cioptic Youth
  • when i was a little kid,  kyrollos and st.abanoub healed me and appeared to me in my sleep . they healed me from meningitis, which 7 people in the same week after 24 hours died. i was only meant to live for 12 max. but God is amazing.

pray for my weakness,

Coptic Youth
  • I do not think I have seen any apparitions. Unfortunately people in Bermuda aren't very much into parton Saint's and much fasting and prayer.

I remember once in primary school somehow we got on the subject of seeing Angels and the only one of us who said they had seen What was thought to be an Angel was the poorest of us.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the people whom I have met in life could not have been 'Angels, i entertained un awares.'

Holy people or The Holy Spirit were always guiding me away from harms path when I was in Ethiopia. Sometimes I didn't listen and ended up paying the wages  ::).

As I said there is not much Iconography here in Bermuda, but the moon and sky seem very close sometimes. People are becoming more aware of Icons. Actually I am supposed to be painting some now.
    Do the presence of Icons have a lot to do with apparitons?
  • I had no personal apparitions of St. Mary. 

St. Virgin Mary appeared to thousands of people in the 70th, in Zeitoun and I saw her two times after midnight.  She also appeared at St. Demiana Babadoblo, Shoubra around 1985 or 86 during the sunday morning mass and I saw her as well.  Eveytime she appeared, many sick people got healed.

I don't need to see her personally because we all know that she appeared.

Pray for me.
  • I have a freind who is sooooo close to Pope Kyrollos... Pope Kyrollos smiled at him in a picture and apeared to him a couple of time in his sleep...
  • yes. i have something very freaky. It was the end of Good Friday, everybody left the church except for a few people (including myself) who were cleaning the church. Some people were upstairs putting up the white linens and some people were in the church basement ironing the white linens that were to be put up. By this point, everbody (about 5 people), were in the church helping put up the white linens. Now, the unexpected happens. The lights just turn off. It was about 11:00 at night so it was very dark. We didn't have any flash lights or anything so we just tried to find our way to the circuit box and see if we could fix the problem. Well we couldn't, so we just brainstormed possible ideas of how to fix the problem when suddenly, we smell a thick incense. It filled the whole church. Then, we see very bright lights in the church, almost blinding. Everyone was so scared, and a few fell on the ground from fear. Some people started screaming, and some praying. Very loud sounds were heard as if fireworks were being lit in the church. The intensity of the light blinded everyone to the point where they couldn't leave their eyes open anymore. All they could use were their ears. The most joyful hymns and songs were heard. Obviously, they were the angels praising God. Everything went away and the church lights turned back on by themselves. Unfortunately, i was just an infant so I don't remember anything. We have no idea who was in the altar whether it was Christ, the Virgin, the patron saint of the church, one of the saints who we have his relics, we just don't know.

Another story was with Archangel Michael. This is a family experience. My great grandfather was one of the muallemeen of a church in Egypt. He apparently was very handsome to the point where a woman was about to rape him but he ran from her. At the end of his life, my grandma discovered that he had a very close relationship with Archangel Michael. She heard him talking to someone asking him how he was doing and how was his day, but she couldn't hear anyone else's voice. She thought he was going crazy so she entered his room and asked him who was he talking to. To her surprise, his response was, "Say hi to Archangel Michael, he's sitting in your favorite chair". She got upset, because she thought that now Michael would leave since she entered. She apologized to her father for that. He told her that he was still sitting in her chair. She asked if she could join the conversation. Archangel Michael said that he would leave if she stayed. She left, and he stayed talking with him for hours. The next day, he died before my grandma told anyone about what happened. God's will was that he should die before he would be hit with pride. My family in Egypt still has the chair until today. His prayers be with us and Glory be to God forever, Amen.