Which saint Is your fav

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I made this it toke me about 5 - 10 minutes so please reply i would love to know my fav saint is saint mark

Comments

• Anba Bishoy, Anba Karas, St.Mina, St.George, Pope Kyrollos 6th, Abouna Bishoy Kamel.... and of course St.Mary
  • If I may add, Tamav Eriny, St. Moses, St. George, St. demiana and many more plus the ones above .
  • Abouna Andrawes El Samoueli, HH Pope Kyrillos, St. Mary, Abu-sefein just to name a few.
  • [quote author=resurection link=topic=6792.msg91041#msg91041 date=1213832320]
    I made this it toke me about 5 - 10 minutes so please reply i would love to know my fav saint is saint mark

My favourite is St.Mary. She has been extremely sincere towards my family and a good family friend. Then theres Anba Kirellous. Again, he's really "quick" in answering prayers. When I see the miracles he performs until now for my family, I only regret I'm not so close to him as my parents, but I really like him.

I used to like St. George...A LOT!! We had about 2 miracles from him (He could well have done more, but all I remember was 2 that were just spectacular). They were life savers. I mean , really life savers. Everyone was shocked by what he did.. but again, we've lost some contact with him (well.. I have).

I don't know about u, but when I see miracles that are kind of spectacular, i get so scared, it just worries me.

I loved the story of anba aresenious. I found this man very wise. We are not close or anything.. My parents don't know about him nor his story, but you should read it if you get a chance.

Was I meant to chose 1 from the above pictures??

The others we are close to are : Abu Sefein (That's a brilliant story, and a marvellous saint), Saint Mina, Sainte Demiana (she's PERFECT), there's St. Michael. He's probably the one I am closest to right now.
  • St Augustine, St Moses the Black and St Mina

May their prayers be with us
    God Bless
  • Definitely [move] St.Paul[/move]
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6792.msg91112#msg91112 date=1213893554]
    St Augustine, St Moses the Black and St Mina

God Bless

Yeah, i like all 3 of them, but has any of them performed any miracles for you?
  • I've gotta a couple of favorite Saints. The first would be St. Anasimone the anchorite, her story always amazed me then would be St.Abounb because he's what a kid should be. I also like St.Thomas the hermit because we've got a connection.
  • St. Wannas
    St. Agastine
    St. Abu Sefian/ Philopateer Markorious
    St. (Not yet) Pope Kyrillos IV
    St. Mary
    St. Jullian
    St. Takla.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6792.msg91127#msg91127 date=1213907944]
    [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6792.msg91112#msg91112 date=1213893554]
    St Augustine, St Moses the Black and St Mina

God Bless

Yeah, i like all 3 of them, but has any of them performed any miracles for you?

Not that I know of, no. But I simply admire each one of them (along with many other saints), but I think St Augustine and St Moses the Black are such beautiful examples of the Lord's love and forgiveness and on how humans can really change... St Mina is the first saint I really got to know and I absolutely LOVE visiting his monastery in Mariout, Egypt...

But if any of you has encountered any miracles with any of the saints, plz share them..
    God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • def.. ST. Mahraeel

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • St. Luke, the beloved physician. I am becoming a doctor, and I find his gospel moving because of my bias towards other doctors lol. I eagerly hope for his blessings along my vocation, like him, to be an "evangelist" by example, and a physician. And he was called beloved by the great Apostle Paul-so he must have attained true holiness that was so radiant. Of course, tradition maintains that he was quite the Artist and Historian. He obviously intertwined his many talents to advance the Gospel- a formidable role model for those who have been blessed by God from birth with many talents, and a great call for us to use those talents for the Church.  He was quite close, I gather, to our Holy immaculate Mother, and even drew a picture of her. It seems that in times forth, he is the first iconblast/iconophile- something I think we owe a great depth of gratitude, for truly the icons of the Church are windows to the glory of Heaven.
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6792.msg91151#msg91151 date=1213924065]
    St. Luke, the beloved physician. I am becoming a doctor, and I find his gospel moving because of my bias towards other doctors lol. I eagerly hope for his blessings along my vocation, like him, to be an "evangelist" by example, and a physician. And he was called beloved by the great Apostle Paul-so he must have attained true holiness that was so radiant. Of course, tradition maintains that he was quite the Artist and Historian. He obviously intertwined his many talents to advance the Gospel- a formidable role model for those who have been blessed by God from birth with many talents, and a great call for us to use those talents for the Church.  He was quite close, I gather, to our Holy immaculate Mother, and even drew a picture of her. It seems that in times forth, he is the first iconblast/iconophile- something I think we owe a great depth of gratitude, for truly the icons of the Church are windows to the glory of Heaven.

Hi Clay,
    That's was really moving. Did you hear of the Coptic Medical Association? You should really get involved with this. They are based in the UK. I can give you, or anyone else who is a COptic Doctor, their address. Well, they definately all have the same aspirations as you and do amazing things to help poor people who are ill (mainly in Egypt -as far as I know).  dude, their budget is around 500,000 GBP a year :).. if u are interested, PM me. I think u should definately  sign up with them and get the newsletter.
  • [quote author=resurection link=topic=6792.msg91041#msg91041 date=1213832320]

St.Mary
    St.Mina
    Tamav Erene (not yet)
    St.Monica
  • 1. St Moses the Strong
    2. St Arsanius
    3. St. Anthony
    4. Anba Karas
    5. St. Maximos And Domatious

those are my top 5
  • St. Abanoub and Pope Cyril VI
  • [quote author=soldier for scetis link=topic=6792.msg91183#msg91183 date=1213943426]
    1. St Moses the Black
    2. St Arsanius
    3. St. Anthony
    4. Anba Karas
    5. St. Maximos And Domatious

those are my top 5

A freind told me that St.Moses the Strong once came to somebody in their dream and told them that He didn't like being called "The Black" but prefered being called "The Strong" or something like that...
  • St. Gebriel: The bearer of good news, who doesn't like 'good news'  :). I like that he is a soldier as well. I would like to learn how to use a bow and arrow and sword.

St. Mary: She is the Perfect example of the Perfect Mother. She has so much love. God's Grace is with Her and She will freely share it with those who but ask.

St. Stephanos: Probably because he is the first Holy Martyr. His Church in ET is very mysterious. Not a place you just stroll through; some run.....don't ask  :).

St. Giorgis: He is alway's ready for a good fight for a good cause. And even after his brutal martydom, he still fights on victorious in Christ Jesus Our Lord and Savior.

St. Anthony: Another fighter. I admire people who are not afraid to meet the Devil head on armed with God's armour of Faith. He fought and taught

St. Michael: St. Gebriel's 'fighting' partner. He is alwys there. Fighting for humanity.
  • My favorite are st. demiana & st. mahraeel
  • [quote author=elsi70x7 link=topic=6792.msg91263#msg91263 date=1214001233]

St. Giorgis: He is alway's ready for a good fight for a good cause. And even after his brutal martydom, he still fights on victorious in Christ Jesus Our Lord and Savior.

Has st. George done any miracles for you?
  • My favourite saint is Archangel Michael.
  • [quote author=copt4eva link=topic=6792.msg91267#msg91267 date=1214012951]
    My favourite saint is Archangel Michael.

Congratulations, its was his feast recently. I hope he fights for you.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6792.msg91266#msg91266 date=1214011973]
    [quote author=elsi70x7 link=topic=6792.msg91263#msg91263 date=1214001233]

Has st. George done any miracles for you?

I'm always in some battle or the other and St. Giorgis has helped me through many.

I forgot, St. Macarious: who teaches not to be surprised when people who do not repent of evil while they are young get even more evil as they get older.

St. Elisabet: who i am named after. Who constantly reminds that that our bodies are God's temple and should be respected and honored as such.

and St. Raguel: who's Church I was taken to to pray for my needs. Who showed me that it is best to pray 'God's will be done' because we do not always pray for the right things.
  • Loca4Christ,
    Tamav Irenie is not a Saint. At least not yet.

To be a official Saint in our church you have to have a council deciding it at least 50 years after her death. That's why on my post I wrote
    St. (Not yet) Abba Kyollos.

Don't get me wrong she is most likely a saint is paradise. On earth we just can't decide for sure until 50 years after death.
    Tamav probably will be a saint though.  ;D

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • THanks for the reminder I will edit my post.
  • Pope Kyrollos my patron saint
    St Mary
    Anba Karas....(im named after him)
    Anba Anthony
    Anba Paul
    Anba Beshowy
    St Abanoub
    St Mina
    St George
    St Philopateer
    St Mark (patron of my church)
  • A canonical saint is different from the common usage of the word "saint". Saint merely refers to those who have consecrated themselves to God. It means "holy". We are all called to be holy; to be saints. And by the grace of God, and when we abide in Him- we also are saints. I don't think it is wrong to speak of the departed Christians who have taken this call seriously "saints". In fact, it is probably wrong not to call them saints.

A canonical saint, I believe, has a different criteria, and this fact should be delineated from the usage in the Bible, even if they overlap.
  • Abouna Yostos
    St. Bashnouna El Makari
    Pope Kyrillos
    St. Barsoum the Naked
    St. Mina
    Sts. Anthony and Paul
    Sts. Bishoy and Paul
    Anba Abraam
    Abouna Mikhail El Beheiry
    Saint Samuel the Confessor
    Archangel Raphael
  • heyy lool yayay regretful+sinner pickes st mahraeel tooo=)) yaaay

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • St. Marina and St. Demiana  :)
    Their stories are amazing and very interesting!
    God Bless