empty

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hi,
lately i have to say that i've been starting to be closer to god...i know thats a good thing but everytime i pray like with the  bible or agpeya or even talking to god i feel soo empty lyk god is not even there or im  just talking to myself.
this might not seem lyk an actual issue but i am really bothered by this

pray 4 me

Comments

• That's because your probably just saying words. You really don't mean them deep down from your heart. And if you just started, it takes a while to feel God's presence I heard from a active member in my church. You need you really mean what you say because you want to do it and you have to imagine yourself face2face with Jesus to start. If you already do mean what you say you have to believe if you asked for something it will happen. (Unless God knows it's not the best thing for you.) You need to trust God's Judgment. (Sorry, I'm getting off topic.) And if it's a God thing maybe it's not the best time. And if the situation is getting worse and it's a problem then the devil is testing you.

If you need Clarification or need more added please ask,
    God Bless,
    Copt ANdrew
  • Coptic Andrew is right, also try asking God to give you the feeling He is there,
    i was reading one of Pope Shenouda's books, and it says that u have to ask God to help you with any and everything.
    If you want to Love him ask him to help you, if you want to repent and dont have the feeling that you want to repent ask him for it so try asking him for that

Hope i Helped
    God Bless
  • I have the same feeling sometimes....  it feels very bad....   try talking to a picture or Icon of Jesus...  it works....   it might sound like you are talking to yourelf, but it really helps....  and lways talk with God...  at school...  just talk....
  • and dont forget that satan always tries to do this to us, as I too always feel this, even now.  I know in my mind that its something satan is fighting me with, but yet I cannot get my heart to go against it because I do feel completely empty inside.  But yes, as said by many others, ask for His help, His guideness, and His mercy, and only then will things change.  Never give up because this is exactly what satan wants...for us to despair and give up.  And I say this to myself before I say this to anyone else because I am just as guilty (if not more) of having the same feelings, or rather lack of feelings.

Remember me in your prayers
    Weakone
  • [quote author=100%4JESUS link=topic=6687.msg89359#msg89359 date=1212537215]
    hi,
    lately i have to say that i've been starting to be closer to god...i know thats a good thing but everytime i pray like with the  bible or agpeya or even talking to god i feel soo empty lyk god is not even there or im  just talking to myself.
    this might not seem lyk an actual issue but i am really bothered by this

pray 4 me

Oh my goodness!! Andrew is spot on,..this very common.
    Let's say you feel angry about injustice. Someone has done something to you that you hate. You want to tell God about this injustice and 1st present to Him your case?? Find a Psalm that has the same theme :Injustice, and use that to pray from. . Make the words of the Psalm - YOUR words.

If you feel that those that seek to hurt you are gaining or the devil is attacking you, there is a Psalm where David wrote the same. Read that Psalm as if its your own words. Use the words of the agpeya as if it was your own.

Its brilliant. Its - BETTER than the Tasbeha.. the agpeya. (sorry Mina/Joe etc..). THere's nothing more powerful than praying the Psalms.
  • when u pray to god...pray w/ ur heart just spill all that u r feeling to him and he will listen when u hv a problem tell God how much you want his help...

god bless and p4m
    Copticdeacon
  • I also advise that you confess your weakness to God. Meaning tell Him, Lord I feel empty and I know I'm weak, please help my disbelief (a3en 3adam emaani).
    Sometimes we get arrogant and think we can fight off the devil without his help, but as my friends up there already said, you should ask God's help anywhere and anytime about anything. Hope this helps and remember that whenever you're being tempted, so are your brothers in the world..

Please pray for me, a sinner
    God Bless
  • the thing to do: (all of these go for me before anbody else)

1. Ask God to teach you how to Pray to Him...
    2.Pray that you will feels God around you all the time
    3. Actually mean the things you pray for, try to meditate on them...
  • I think everyone is sort of wrong. This is a good sign. This is going to happen- again and again and again. This is for you to grow in faith- to cling to Him- to plead to Him to reveal Himself for you. Now that God reveals Himself and makes Himself known to whomever He wants. But know also that he wants you to know Him. But you have to show to Him that this is your desire.

[center] 4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
            That will I seek:
            That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
            All the days of my life,
            To behold the beauty of the LORD,
            And to inquire in His temple.

7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!
            Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
    8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
            My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
    9 Do not hide Your face from me;
            Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
            You have been my help;
            Do not leave me nor forsake me,
            O God of my salvation.
    ...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
            That I would see the goodness of the LORD
            In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD;
            Be of good courage,
            And He shall strengthen your heart;
            Wait, I say, on the LORD![/center]
    (Ps. 27)
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6687.msg89387#msg89387 date=1212567726]
    Its brilliant. Its - BETTER than the Tasbeha.. the agpeya. (sorry Mina/Joe etc..). THere's nothing more powerful than praying the Psalms.

;D Ok Vas I agree... in fact one of my favorite times to pray is while making the Orban - it is truly beautiful... saying the Psalms while mixing the yeast, and kneading has a real effect on me...

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6687.msg89486#msg89486 date=1212661286]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6687.msg89387#msg89387 date=1212567726]

;D Ok Vas I agree... in fact one of my favorite times to pray is while making the Orban - it is truly beautiful... saying the Psalms while mixing the yeast, and kneading has a real effect on me...

pray for me

joe

that is exactly what is supposed to happen.. you are supposed to pray the psalms while doing the Korban....      but the only problem is: if you are alone, then you can't make the Korban and read the Psalms at the same time... unless you have them memorized......
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6687.msg89519#msg89519 date=1212698589]
    but the only problem is: if you are alone, then you can't make the Korban and read the Psalms at the same time... unless you have them memorized......

Ahhh, well coptic pharaoh, we both know what you'll be doing over the next few weeks...  :)

pray for me

joe
  • well... you just gave me my goal for the summer...  i really apreciate it.. thanks lots 8) 8)