Dont know what this hymn is called

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, who knows what the hymn is at the tasbeha (night) that goes like this in arabic, al salamoo lakey ya moomtaleea........ is called?

Comments

• hey copt4eva,
    its the saturday theotokia
    -somebody pls correct me if i am wrong

pls keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • That can be any part from the tasbeha, you need to be more specific. Complete the verse if you can
  • Ya probably it's the saturday theotokia. You can hear it hear on tasbeha.

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Praises/Vespers_Praises/Saturday/Higher_Institute_of_Coptic_Studies.html
  • it is the saturday theotokia, alsalamoo lakee ya momtalia nama asalamolakee ya man wagetee nama alsalamoo lakey a man waladtee il massih al raboo makee
  • Oh yes it is, my mistake i'm not familiar with the saturday theotokia in arabic
  • thanks guys for your help
  • [quote author=copt4eva link=topic=6558.msg86906#msg86906 date=1210152325]
    Hey guys, who knows what the hymn is at the tasbeha (night) that goes like this in arabic, al salamoo lakey ya moomtaleea........ is called?

Oh that's the Lobsh for the Psali (Afty em-ep-onoff). Its called Ti-atsoleb Ensemneh. I have this book that called it lobsh, but other books call it Theotokia. Mina can explain the difference. I don't know, its confusing.. they should just call it hymn number 50 to make life easy. shouldn't they?

THe Ipsali is really good by the way. I'm SO glad u like that. Its a beautiful hymn!!

Its sang on saturdays and Bright Saturday. Anba Youannis does a really good Tiatsoleb by the way.
  • The tune itself is said all week during Watos days just different words. Its a Theotokia, Theotokia is a praise to the virgin while a Lobsh is an explaination of something into more detail. Thats why Khen Oushout is the Lobsh of the first hoos as well as Marenounh for the second hoos.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6558.msg87282#msg87282 date=1210616950]
    The tune itself is said all week during Watos days just different words. Its a Theotokia, Theotokia is a praise to the virgin while a Lobsh is an explaination of something into more detail. Thats why Khen Oushout is the Lobsh of the first hoos as well as Marenounh for the second hoos.

you got it. also to add, everyday (Sun-Sat) have its own psali, Theotokeia, and Lobsh of that Theotokeia. Sun-tus are adam days, Wed-Sat are watos days. adam watos refers to tunes and text of the praises.

i don't wanna write to much things that are know already so if anything else, just ask.
  • Dear QT_PA_2T,
    It seems that you have got a misprint in your psalmody book. As jydeacon and minagir pointed out this is called Saturday theotokia as opposed to Saturday lobsh which is "sherat" as it begins with "shere thiethmeh enehmot". You might have it under "sharat" simply because of that mixup, but the parts that start with "tiattholeb ensemne" are definitely parts of the Saturday theotokia.
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6558.msg87289#msg87289 date=1210619019]
    Dear QT_PA_2T,
    It seems that you have got a misprint in your psalmody book. As jydeacon and minagir pointed out this is called Saturday theotokia as opposed to Saturday lobsh which is "sherat" as it begins with "shere thiethmeh enehmot". You might have it under "sharat" simply because of that mixup, but the parts that start with "tiattholeb ensemne" are definitely parts of the Saturday theotokia.
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot

No.. perhaps its just my memory... My bad.