Gera7 habibi ghalya 3alaya...

edited May 2008 in Hymns Discussion
Hello,

Does anyone here have the lyrics or the mp3 to the following song:

Gera7 habibi ghalya 3alaya. Khaletni akra7 kol khataya... weshtaq min albi, akhdem illy, a7san illaya.

This is a song that really touched me also. I do believe I can sing this without any problems from anyone whilst maintaining my orthodoxiness (.. my orthodoxinability). That makes this song adaptable: You can sing it anytime of the year, and it doesnt affect your Orthodoxiness. No one sings this in Church, just in little prayer meetings anyway.

Thanks,

Comments

• I'll look for it, but I don't think "Orthodoxiness" is a word lol

pray for me

joe
  • i am not sure but i think its  on here
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Songs/Arabic/True_Light.html
    "the wounds of my beloved"
  • if you go to saintmina-holmdel.org asaph multimedia, then scroll down to the fifteenth box from the bottom under Fadia Bazzi you'll find it.

PK
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6545.msg86794#msg86794 date=1210022158]
    if you go to saintmina-holmdel.org asaph multimedia, then scroll down to the fifteenth box from the bottom under Fadia Bazzi you'll find it.

PK

Thanks everyone,
    That's a great site by the way PopeKirellous!

Its a shame they are not storing these files as mp3. Nevermind..

How is it u all know where to find these songs on Tasbeha.org? I find the directory structure quite confusing??
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6545.msg86794#msg86794 date=1210022158]
    if you go to saintmina-holmdel.org asaph multimedia, then scroll down to the fifteenth box from the bottom under Fadia Bazzi you'll find it.

PK

Oh my goodness! Yeah, this is the right song, but ....

But.... BUTT!!! Don't u think its a bit....
    a bit......
    a bit.... TOOO FUNKY!!????

I didnt hear it that way in Church!?? Eh dah!??

I guess I can sing this in the shower!!

I wanted to sing this song because I heard it in a Coptic prayer meeting, and singing it meant that I would not lose my Orthodoxiness. But the way she sings it , all of a sudden I feel I'm protestant!!
    Eh dah!!!??

• hahaha,

Lebanese people  ::)

It does sound very protestant. You go ahead and sing it in the shower, no ones stopping you ;D

PK
  • Hi QT_PA_2T 

here is another version of the song, which is not a protestant version, so u might like this 1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=426LPDL0

if you are encountering problems with megaupload, pm your email address and i can email u the song if u like, i had another really nice version but im still searching for it, i'll post it if i find it
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=topic=6545.msg86881#msg86881 date=1210119446]
    Hi QT_PA_2T 

here is another version of the song, which is not a protestant version, so u might like this 1

if you are encountering problems with megaupload, pm your email address and i can email u the song if u like, i had another really nice version but im still searching for it, i'll post it if i find it

Hi Princess,
    thanks so much for this. I'm in Turkey, and youtube and megaupload are banned sites.
  • Lol, what on earth you in Turkey for, Vas?
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6545.msg87129#msg87129 date=1210425371]
    Lol, what on earth you in Turkey for, Vas?

Hi ya basha..
    I come here once in a while. I gave a training course last year to some engineers... but I'm here learning about a new product. No matter what I said about Turkey, they have the best customer service ever (whenever u go shopping etc). Really impressive.
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=topic=6545.msg86881#msg86881 date=1210119446]
    Hi QT_PA_2T 

Princess,

Could you email me it?