Bright Saturday

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Which tone do you briefer for bright Saturday communion it is Pe ehmot gar or E aghaby ?

Comments

• Dear gergesezzat,
    I guess "biehmot ghar" tune is the more authentic as many cantors sing it this way, and I prefer it myself.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • I agree with ophadece, Piehmot ghar would be my preference. but i suggest you do whatever your church does regardless
  • another thing with hymn, [coptic]PaNou] paNou][/coptic], is also how thereis more than one version of the text. untill now i have seen about 5 diffrent texts. they are basiclly psalm parts. i personnaly just like the one in the Nahdet- el-kanaies book, which is also recorded by Ibrahim Ayad in a beautiful way.
  • Ok, What about Arabic version ? did any cantor record it in Arabic ?
  • [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=6502.msg86049#msg86049 date=1208524085]
    Ok, What about Arabic version ? did any cantor record it in Arabic ?

there is a recording of Fr. Dawood, Panoti Panoti - Arabic by Fr. David Bebawy. i tihnk it follows the version that is in the khidmit shamas of cantor Farag.
  • I dont know about you guys but i find the e aghapy tune much more beautiful!! It is much more musical to me....

oh well
    P.S minagir, can you send the recording your talking about?

GB
    Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6502.msg86060#msg86060 date=1208537333]
    I dont know about you guys but i find the e aghapy tune much more beautiful!! It is much more musical to me....

oh well
    P.S minagir, can you send the recording your talking about?

GB
    Tony

link below......
  • i am talking about the one you said ibrahim did
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6502.msg86066#msg86066 date=1208555708]
    i am talking about the one you said ibrahim did

also here, http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Other_Occasions/Bright_Saturday/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_3/13.Panoti_Panoti.1691.mp3