Verse from Bible

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys i need real quick help....

Does anyone know where this verse is found
Faith will cover a multitude of sins

and if it doesnt exist tell me because i may have put 2 verses together (i do that sometimes (stupid i know))

and if you have sites to help me find them in the future thanks

God bless!!

Comments

• Check James 5, I think that is the correct chapter.
  • I think you may have to put two verses together.. LOL

James 5:20 says:
    "let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death amd cover a 'multitude of sins' ."

I think I can also conclude that's the only time the phrase "multitude of sins" is used in the Bible, as it's the only verse that came up when I searched Google...

You could try going to Bible Gateway and search faith (I've already done it for you) and heaps of results come up - I think the Bible's so rich there's absolutely no need to manipulate verses.. :)
  • Hey Christrules,

You pretty much got the verse right. It's found in 1 Peter 4:8:

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

St. Peter quotes Proverbs 10:12:

Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• Oh that came up too =S.. oops. I thought they just put 'love' in there...

LOL

• 1 Peter 4:8

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
  • Thank You all So much for your responses

God Bless You
  • Yeah- just take note, however, of Biblegateway.com (as Hizz_chiild mentioned before). It is a brilliant ministry. Also search for intraverse- if you type a reference and point to it, a popup appears with the verse.
  • Yeh it is excellent. I just wish it had an English translation of the Orthodox Study Bible there... It'd make life a whole lot easier!

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • Thank you all

God Bless