is it WRONG!?!?!

;D I have a question that my cousin asked me!!!  :) she said......... if a woman's husband goes to war and she marries another person because she thinks he died. :'(  but then the husband returns after the war has finished. is wut she did wrong?? ??? if i worded anything wrong plz tell me, or if u are confused. ??? i know that if u marry another husband or wife while the first is living, it is wrong, ??? but the woman thought her husband died so she married another. :-[ is that rong, that is my question!!! ???

Comments

• The wrong intentions might cause the situation to go into turmoil! If she even doubted that her husband is going to war, and never going to come back, it doesn't help, but maybe it's for the right reasons which is the fact that she was given a report that gave her the bad news, but it ended up false...if she really loved him, then she might not married!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ya but wut if the war was 20 yrs long? and she didn't get a notice or she didn't believe that he was going to die. like she has been waiting very long and she thought he died.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6229.msg82274#msg82274 date=1203295267]
    if she really loved him, then she might not married!!

As I said above!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • sometimes 2 people can fall in love but wen one person dies they could fall in love again!! right or rong!??
  • Unless they are so dedicated to their marriage and their spouse why would you, if I was in that situation and I loved my spouse as much as an average person loves the world and their possessions, I would rather be a widow than remarry!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok!! all i want to know here is wut the woman did wrong!?!?!
  • [quote author=*Regretful+Sinner* link=topic=6229.msg82283#msg82283 date=1203302440]
    ok!! all i want to know here is wut the woman did wrong!?!?!

Her intentions shouldn't be wrong.  but when her husband #1 comes back then it is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.  I think she might be imprisoned.  because a woman can't marry 2 guys at the same time.  I am not sure what the church will do about it, prob. divorce from the 2nd hunsband, or prob. forrbiden the woman from taking communion or going to church...... (again, i am not sure what the church will do...)

Like coptic servant said, if two people married on love and have strong passion for eachother.  If one passed away, the other shouldn't re-marry especialy if there kids involved. 
    I wouldn't re-marry if my ba3d el shar ba3d el shar ba3d el shar something happened to my fience` because i love him too much, and i have dreamed to be with him.

bentBABAyasooa`
  • marry.. why not... God ordered us to multiply.. he can't yell at you ...lol.. i agree with all those that said it all depends on intentions... whether out of love.. whether they TRULY thought he was dead.. etc...
  • ok!! any other suggestions!!
  • I think that that woman should not get married until proof of her husbands death is found eg. his body. I'm not sure what the church would say about this but I always think that after her husbands death she shouldn't get married at all if there is no proof of his death. I think the church can't marry anoyne for the second time unless they have an official death certificate of their partner with tall he legal documents that were issued after his/her death.
    + To be honest I know that second marriage is allowed but it really disturbs me. Because two people unite with the holy spirit, then on dies, then the other one gets married and unite with someone else. I don't get it.
  • what are the odds of this ever happening?
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6229.msg82640#msg82640 date=1203628642]
    what are the odds of this ever happening?

this came up wen i saw a movie taht had this topic!!! a woman was married to a guy. the guy went to war. the war took to long so she thought he died, so she married another guy! then the first husband came back!!! and it keeps going!!!
  • that was a movie- not real life
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6229.msg82643#msg82643 date=1203628908]
    that was a movie- not real life

ok it is a movie, but wut if it did happen in real life would it be rong? it doesn't have to happen where u live it could of happened some where else!!! but u don't know!
  • do you plan on marrying someone andd likee sending them off to war and gettingremarried or somethingg????
    haha..
    you're so determined to get an answer..lol
    it's not exactly the realest life situationn ever..
    but IF it does hppen..
    im sure ifff  the rson was worried about it being right or wrongg..
    they woud talk to abounaa..so ...i think we should just eave it to then.

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6229.msg82643#msg82643 date=1203628908]

exactly what i was thinking! lol
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6229.msg82679#msg82679 date=1203645030]
    [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6229.msg82643#msg82643 date=1203628908]

exactly what i was thinking! lol

but it could happen!!!
  • [quote author=CopticChica21 link=topic=6229.msg82685#msg82685 date=1203648858]
    you guys seriosuly... no offense, but do you see people being like "we're not going to answer cuz it doesn't happen..." i dont think its really fair that we say that... because even if you do say that, the person will still be curious and could go do something wrong just out of not having gotten an answer... it's not bad to wonder. so cut REGRETFUL SINNER a little slack... and just cuz it hasnt happened in your area, doesn't mean it doesn't ever happen at all...
    but i also agree with the many others who said that if you really love someone, you should mourn for them long enough where you wouldn't need to get married.. you know.. thas true love. i belive in your own true love so i don't know.. i mean i guess you could fall for someone but your intentions would have to be right and marriage would be super hard beacsue you can expect the widow to stil be grieving a little bit... so i  tihnk it would be better to just not get married... but if its an accident, i don't think it's the person's fault, but im sure there is an answer if you search for one with your Father of confession

thnx!!!

• I dont think that the Church will allow her to marry again in the first place unless there is proof of her husband's death, for example, a letter stating that her husband has passed away during the war.
    I understand what Regretful+Sinner is trying to say though and let's say for the argument's sake it did happen... i think that it would be viewed as wrong because unless there is hard rock proof that her husband has passed away no matter how long he's been away she should not be getting married because there is always that chance that he is still alive.
    Hope this answers this question :)
  • [quote author=BabaKyrillosVI link=topic=6229.msg82909#msg82909 date=1203988661]

I dont think that the Church will allow her to marry again in the first place unless there is proof of her husband's death, for example, a letter stating that her husband has passed away during the war.
    I understand what Regretful+Sinner is trying to say though and let's say for the argument's sake it did happen... i think that it would be viewed as wrong because unless there is hard rock proof that her husband has passed away no matter how long he's been away she should not be getting married because there is always that chance that he is still alive.

thnx!!!!
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6229.msg82277#msg82277 date=1203299376]
    [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6229.msg82274#msg82274 date=1203295267]
    if she really loved him, then she might not married!!

As I said above!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Sometimes people re marry, not because they do not truly love their previous (for lack of better word) spouse but because the need support whether financial, emotional etc...
  • [quote author=BabaKyrillosVI link=topic=6229.msg82909#msg82909 date=1203988661]

I dont think that the Church will allow her to marry again in the first place unless there is proof of her husband's death, for example, a letter stating that her husband has passed away during the war.

That is what H.H said on el beat betak!