Psalm in Passion Week

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, i really want to learn how to hymn the psalms on passion week, does anyone have a file where they teach it. Thank you all for you help.

Comments

• hi copt4eva.

The psalms in Holy week are sung in the adreeby tune (named after the paharonic city of Atrib, where the tune originated), and the conventional way of learning them is to learn Ke eperto, the introduction to the gospel, as the psalms are based on this tune. There are four parts to this hymns, 1,2 and 4 are identical, while 3 is the paralex (or mohayar). Here is ke eperto from HICS:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns%2FOther_Occasions%2FHoly_Week%2FHigher_Institute_of_Studies%2Fcd1%2Ftrack_11.257.mp3

pray for me

joe
  • you should ask someone for the hasats- if i had a scanner i would scan them for you - and personally, i learned it from Ibrahim Ayad

hmm, maybe ill try to use one at my school- if i can ill pm you
  • just to be reminded, we do the first part of the psalm then the congregation says alleliua then the second part and another alleluia then the third and fourth together then allelia again right?
  • Yes, after the 1st, 2nd and 4th the congregation responds with alleluia, but not on the paralex, no.3
  • thanx guys for ur help.........yeh our church sorta doesnt have hymns lessons although i wish it did.
  • Well mate, your not alone. Neither does our church - all the hymns I know I have learnt in the last 5 years. I go online, download the hymn, listen to it on my i-Pod, and i've got it. Believe me there is nothing stopping you becoming a "muallem" if you want to.
  • If you want the hazzat I have it for ke eperto.

http://rapidshare.com/files/103680291/Ke_Eperto.pdf

But with this document I made; I only did the hazzat for the first one because once you get the first part of it then you already know the 2nd and 4th part. Then there is the hazzat for the third one.

Hope that helps.

God Bess.