Back To The Coptic Future!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey guyz...

How would you like to time travel into the future of the Coptic Church?

Watch this amazing, first of its kind, sci-fi coptic short movie called...

"Back To The Future - Coptic Version"

The video can be watched on youtube.

If you would like a glimpse into the future of our Church, take a peek at:

Part 1 -
[table][tr][td]image[/td]
[td]image[/td]
[td]image[/td]
[/tr][/table]

Part 2 -
[table][tr][td]image[/td]
[td]image[/td]
[td]image[/td]
[/tr][/table]

Theres also a nice blog written by Fr Antonios Kaldas
Looking Forward to Going Back to the Future

God Bless & Enjoy!

Comments

• This is very interesting. I like the blog very much because it shows us some of the problems that future generations might face if they are not carefull. Anyway nice videos.
  • Thank you for sharing. This is really interesting. "Rabina youstor" :)
  • LOL
    LOL
    LOL !!!

THAT WAS HIRARIOUSSS !!!
    MICHAELSOFTT!!! HAHAHAHAAAA.
    JAPANESE MASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH MI GOODNESS!

Though, the plot does have a rather large hole in it... Technically, they didn't go 'back to the future', they came back from the future, or rather, came back to the past.. or present.. whatever..
    Anyway, you know what this means, right?
    BACK TO THE FUTURE the coptic version II must be coming SOONN !!! don't let me down :)
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6443.msg85149#msg85149 date=1207405847]
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL !!!

THAT WAS HIRARIOUSSS !!!
    MICHAELSOFTT!!! HAHAHAHAAAA.
    JAPANESE MASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH MI GOODNESS!

It was funny!!! LOL!!!

But i did enjoy watching them thnx for sharing!!!
  • Yeah lets connect to st Anthonys altar through michaaelsoft.
    What a legend
  • I enjoyed dis very muchhhhhhhhh
  • lol i liked the Michaelsoft one haaahaaaaaa ;D
  • I know it's late, but I watched it and i like it a looot!

great workk!

Gb
  • [quote author=billious link=topic=6443.msg85100#msg85100 date=1207291655]
    Hey guyz...

How would you like to time travel into the future of the Coptic Church?

Watch this amazing, first of its kind, sci-fi coptic short movie called...

"Back To The Future - Coptic Version"

The video can be watched on youtube.

If you would like a glimpse into the future of our Church, take a peek at:

Part 1 -

dude i left a comment on part 1 like a year ago, whats up with not responding :'(

ill never fall in love again
  • huh? Why did my post get removed?
  • I hate to be a contrarian to the great minds that have posted, but:  I thought it was pathetically stupid.

I didn't think it was funny.

I would expect that the main characters would do better for themselves to clean up their acts and attempt to
    look like reasonable characters.

Judgmental:  Absolutely.
  • Actually I thought of a better word:  SHAMEFUL.

And we get upset when the Muslims humiliate us on State run media in Egypt.

The Zabaleyeen in Egypt look more presentable in the streets than the nonsense that was presented.

SHAMEFUL.

You should be categorically ashamed.
  • Hold it, I thought of another word:  Putrid.
  • I think this was extremely inappropriate to do inside the church. They had pretty funny stuff and it was genious but highly inappropriate to do inside the church. You must have respect for God's house, you don't just go in and start laughing and making jokes. I found that aspect extremely offending.
  • Geo,

My friend:  "a little".  How about "blasphemous".

THERE WAS NO RESPECT FOR THE HOUSE OF GOD.

I would have personally kicked them out with whip myself.
  • I agree with you 25416% ilovesaintmark, i just didn't want to hurt someone's feelings because i am beginning to notice that all the threads that contain problems i reply to very harshly which causes problems. For example, the recent homosexuality thread.

You know what ilsm, i will edit my post just for you. LOL
  • Geo,

I'm not worried about insulting anyone.  This is clearly blasphemous.

They asked for an opinion, I gave it.

Sorry it does not go along with their Kumbaya mentality.

God save us, and God save His Church from this mentality.
  • woah buddy...

I don't see why you think this is pathetic, shameful or whatever nonsense crap you said..

How is this humiliating or whatever you think it is?

This is much better than filming anything outside of church community and church grounds.. it's a brilliant idea to use the church in everything we do... skits, films, eating, drinking, sleeping, playing etc is better to do within the church community than outside. Would you rather they made a film like this outside of the church? Filming the future of their personal lives outside of the church?? I can't imagine it because their life is the church anyways..

I believe Abouna Antonios' blog uses this short film in his blog brilliantly.. because he finds the spiritual side of it. Even though, I know this short film was not made specifically for the blog..

I don't believe they disrespected the church at all.
    Inside of the church, they did not sin, they did not disrespect anything, they did not swear, or lie, or bash up each other, they did not fight, they did not offend others etc.

They didn't just go in their to laugh and make jokes... they were filming obviously, they didn't walk in to pray or make fun of how we pray or how Abouna prays, they didn't even pretend to film any kind of church service... just the youth meeting, and that's not even a proper church service like the liturgy or asheya etc. Neither did they walk in to just "laugh" and make jokes, that was not the purpose.. and this was no excuse for it... How many times do we all walk in the church with no purpose.. find a friend and just randomly talk along with laugh and make jokes (if you ask me, this happens numerous times).
    What about those times where a servant jokes or laughs mid-service?? During the sermon, presenting something etc. Many times... okay.
    The pope makes jokes, laughs at them and lets the congregation laugh with him inside the church. So, I don't see how 4 guys laughing and making jokes inside the church is wrong for this purpose of filming something.
    What about those times where there's a Christmas or Easter play inside the church for the kids - Jokes and laughs left right and centre!

You would have personally kicked them out with whip yourself? So if you were to literally do that inside the church, I believe this would be more disrespectful to do inside the church.
  • Clarification:  I would have whipped them verbally and physically.

You can hire these thugs to do the filming at your wedding.
    You can hire them to be babysitters for your kids.
    You can hire them to clean your toilets for all I care.

However, their whole representation and use of the House of God was reprehensible, blasphemous, demented, and a handshake with the demons of Satan.

I hope the honor of enjoying your own kids to grow up like these misbegotten misfits.
  • Last I checked, I didn't see any of our clergy dressed in filthy attire and taking the House of God into blasphemy.
    Would you like to suggest that attire for our servants and clergy and satire as standard operating procedure?

Dude this is stupid to even discuss.

Their parents need to put them in the dog house without a bone to chew on.
  • In your post you forgot that I also said it was:  PUTRID.
  • Topics that get hijacked like this (for no good reason) always remind me why I don't post here.

ilovestmark,
    Is there need for a personal attack? If you don't like it, couldn't you have just said so and been constructive rather than being judgemental about it?
  • I was specifically being personal, because it was personal to me.

This whole youtube vid was an insult to my Church, my Mother the Church, and my Church the Bride of Jesus Christ.
    It is a Holy Church, deserving of respect and honor.  She deserves love and adoration.

I don't recall our fathers emulating such stupidity.

You don't think that the Apostles, the saints, and the martyrs, did not have the physical ability to carry out such similitude of action.  They chose not to because it is wrong and blasphemous.  Learn a lesson from your fathers, and you may have an opportunity to share in their sagacity, and ultimately in their same inheritance of the Heavenly Mansions.
  • Our Mother the Church deserves every form of respect and honor - I completely agree with you on that!
    I don't want to be rude or personal about it, like you intended, but don't you think ultimately respect is shown though one's conduct, acting and speaking in a way that our Mother Church would be proud by honoring and respecting her word and teachings? I don't think she condones personal attacks.
  • Dude, there was no respect or honor in their conduct.  Any message that they attempted to disperse was drowned out by their blasphemy.
  • If the mechanics of this skit were changed to Muslim actors, there would be a call for demonstations by the American Coptic Association.

I can hear the chants now:  "Down, down with fanatics";  "stop defaming our church"; "equal, equal, equal rights"; "Mubarak, Mubarak, where are you?"; "Don't insult Christians".
  • Clarification:  I would have whipped them verbally and physically.

Very nice move... disrespecting church and abusing others.

You can hire these thugs to do the filming at your wedding.
    You can hire them to be babysitters for your kids.
    You can hire them to clean your toilets for all I care.

Who said they are thugs? Who said they can be hired? They are not labourers of this kind. They are respectful servants in our church community. Yes we are all servants.

However, their whole representation and use of the House of God was reprehensible, blasphemous, demented, and a handshake with the demons of Satan.

How and what specific action makes you believe this?

I hope the honor of enjoying your own kids to grow up like these misbegotten misfits.

Why the name calling? You also have no right to wish such things on people you don't know.

Last I checked, I didn't see any of our clergy dressed in filthy attire and taking the House of God into blasphemy.

Neither, and what brings any clergy into this? Why do you care what others wear? Why do you really care for? Does what you wear disrespect the house of God when you have no intention to do so? I don't see anyone who cares what anyone wears inside church, outside church or in your house. I doubt God cares either what one is wearing... God knows our intentions and what's in our hearts.

Their parents need to put them in the dog house without a bone to chew on.

Did anyone on this site or anyone for that matter tell your parents where you should be put in? Is this normal where you're from? Is this what people do? I'm curious to know..

In your post you forgot that I also said it was:  PUTRID.

No I didn't, I specifically said "or whatever nonsense crap you said.."

Do you see anyone else who speaks the way you do, and personally attacks the way you do? Is this what God wants us to do? You must see that it's right, and that's why you do it I believe.

I definitely agree with Bishboyman.
  • Actually, and because this is a Tasbeha forum, I refrained from what I really wanted to say.  Since it was in my mind, I will have to go to Confession for it before Sunday.  Maybe I should take my iphone with me so I can play it for my priest as I confess so that he can have an insight into my thoughts.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=6443.msg134603#msg134603 date=1301453608]
    Actually, and because this is a Tasbeha forum, I refrained from what I really wanted to say.

No say what you want.. aren't you free enough? If you weren't free enough you probably wouldn't be here on this site...