Instructional Liturgy of St. Basil In English?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi, can anyone send me a link to an instructional liturgy of St. Basil in English please?
Thanks [coptic][/coptic]

Comments

• [quote author=Hymnologist link=topic=6412.msg84695#msg84695 date=1206752133]
    Hi, can anyone send me a link to an instructional liturgy of St. Basil in English please?
    Thanks [coptic][/coptic]

if you mean the liturgy as a whole including the priests parts, than there isn't. Because there is no base to it hymnology-wise. Same to the arabic. you don't find an instructional Liturgy in arabic. The main is the coptic that is recorded by HICS. and from there, priests and bishops construct tunes of it upon the english and the arabic, or any other language.
  • If want a written one, try this http://www.coptic.net/prayers/StBasilLiturgy.html, but I don't know how helpful is this to you.
  • Well there is an instructional liturgy in coptic here by Fr. Dawood Abdelmessih, and I really liked it so I was wondering if there was one like it fully in English.
  • I don't believe that there is one completely in english thats instructional but i highly suggest Abouna Antonious Hanna which i believe to be one of the best recordings out there(for both Gregorian and Basillian in english)
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6412.msg84788#msg84788 date=1206934357]
    I don't believe that there is one completely in english thats instructional but i highly suggest Abouna Antonious Hanna which i believe to be one of the best recordings out there(for both Gregorian and Basillian in english)

where can i get this video??
  • its not a video but you can find the basillian liturgy on this site under liturgies, his gregorian liturgy is not available on the web.
  • Yes, thanks, the basilian liturgy by Fr. Anthony Hanna is really good, but if anyone else has any others, please post them.