The Pauline Epistle

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys,
Since long I haven't used tasbeha.org. I really hope that help is achieved. So next Sunday I'm going to read the Pauline Epistle for the first time. I have two questions.
I'll start with priority:
1.) When a Coptic calendar says: "Pau.Phil.", does that mean that the reading will be in Philippians or Philemon?
2.) On my Coptic calendar it says that next weeks reading will be "Phil.6: 1-24." I checked both Philippians and Philemon. They both do not contain chapter 6.
3.) How do you introduce the Pauline Epistle? How do you conclude it?
+ Thank you+
God Bless you and please help me.

Comments

• Well i know how to start and end it, the beginning is "Paul the servant of our Lord Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, appointed to the Gospel of God, a chapter from the epistle to the (epistles name) may his blessings be with us all amen." Ending is, "The Grace of God the Father be with you all Amen." Phil generally means phillipians i believe but i could be wrong.
  • 1.) Phillippians. (Philemon is NOT a Pauline Epistle)
    2.) It is probably a misprint, I will check mine and post later
    3.) Introduction: Paul, the servant of our Lord Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, appointed to the Gospel of God. A chapter from the epistle of our teacher Paul to the (...) (in your case is Phillippians). May his blessings be with us all. Amen.

Conclusion: The grace of God the Father be with you all. Amen.
  • Thank you so much.
    Now all I need to know is what to read.
  • By the way, just to warn you...the Coptic calendar you have must be wrong or something. I checked it on the computer and it says that next week is Ephesians 6:10-24. So just say Ephesians instead of Phillippians and you're done!!!
  • aem581's right, it should be to the ephesians so your calender is wrong or its just a misprint
  • On mine it says 21 of Baramhat which is march 30.(sunday) Phil^W;1-24
  • today was Ephesians right?
  • We don't read from the 21 of Baramhat, we read from the 4th week(Sunday) of the Great Lent
  • Nope, today was 2 Corinthians 6:2-13, and yeah, jydeacon is definitely correct. Lent overrides the calendar (with the exception of Annunciation and Feast of the Cross).
  • I really don't get it. My dad says that next week is Philippians. Help me. Refer this.
  • We are in Lent correct? So Lent has its own Katamaros(set of readings so to say), Its readings over ride any readings that would be read generally. This also applies to the Holy Fifty days. As well as sundays in general. You never read specifically from a certain day on sundays, its always the (1st, second, etc) of the month or of the Holy Fifty or Great Lent, does that make sense?
  • Yes thank you. So next week the pauline epistle will be ephesians 6: 10-24?