Can't overcome

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
There is this temptation/ tribulation i cant overcome,
and i pray like daily and i don't know what to do about it.

Does anyone know what to do

Keep me in your prayers please

Comments

• This temptation in some weird way will lead you to become closer to God, trust me, you may think I'm insane for saying that, but I personally know what I mean when I say it, please also keep me in your prayers, as I am weak!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I think Coptic Servent is correct!!! if u r asking how, i'll tell u right now!!! if this temptation is making u pray daily, than that is a way u r getting closer to God!!! Oh ya!! i learned about temptation 2day in sunday school!! do u know the story of satan tempting Jesus? well the first temptaton was denying the word of God, because the devil told jesus,"If u r really the Son of God turn this stone to bread!" that word if is a way of doubting!!! the second temptation was denying!! and the last tempation was twisting God's word!! it is twisting God's word, because Satan used a verse from the bible to tempt Jesus! but he twisted it!!! And if u see how Jesus responded to those temptations!!! this lesson was to teach us how the devil will tempt us!! it showed us the ways the devil tempts us!!! so the way to ignore satan is by the word of God!!! because the word of God will endure forever!!! So read the bible also, because the war is not over!!! we MUST WIN!!!!!!
  • [quote author=*Regretful+Sinner* link=topic=6354.msg83829#msg83829 date=1205721200]
    if u r asking how, i'll tell u right now!!! if this temptation is making u pray daily, than that is a way u r getting closer to God!!! Oh ya!! i learned about temptation 2day in sunday school!! do u know the story of satan tempting Jesus? well the first temptaton was denying the word of God, because the devil told jesus,"If u r really the Son of God turn this stone to bread!" that word if is a way of doubting!!! the second temptation was denying!! and the last tempation was twisting God's word!! it is twisting God's word, because Satan used a verse from the bible to tempt Jesus! but he twisted it!!! And if u see how Jesus responded to those temptations!!! this lesson was to teach us how the devil will tempt us!! it showed us the ways the devil tempts us!!! so the way to ignore satan is by the word of God!!! because the word of God will endure forever!!! So read the bible also, because the war is not over!!! we MUST WIN!!!!!!

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, I heard the sermon today from abouna and he said, the more you know God's words the more you can use it againt satan!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=needprayers link=topic=6354.msg83821#msg83821 date=1205717822]
    There is this temptation/ tribulation i cant overcome,
    and i pray like daily and i don't know what to do about it.

Does anyone know what to do

Keep me in your prayers please

If I were you I'd find comfort simply in the fact that yesterday was "Temptation Sunday".  In other words, Christ showed us how to win the battle, by utterly rejecting Satan, in whatever he approaches us with.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6354.msg83823#msg83823 date=1205718427]
    This temptation in some weird way will lead you to become closer to God.

Yeah but first you need to overcome it. This is somthing that I am strugeling wiz at ze moment.
    Pray for me
  • " My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
    (James 1:2-4)
  • At my Sunday school we learned about Temptation Sunday....  they told us..when Jesus died, he tied down satan, so unlike before Jesus,  satan didn't have his hands stretched out all over the world and he was no longer in control; then Abouna simbolised stan as a dog, before Jesus he was runing around biting people, but Jesus came, and tied him down, so unless u go to the dog (satan) and put ur hand in his mouth, he wont be able to bite u... he will bark but not bite......   

so if that temptation comes to u, alwasy say the "salah sahmeya" it goes like this...    " Jesus Christ have mercy on my because I am a sinner"
  • needprayers,

Here's what I suggest: since you are already praying, etc, then be assured that you have the power to fight that temptation.  It's up to you whether you want to give into the temptation or not.  ALL of us give into temptations at some point or another (because all of us are sinners). 

But if this is one thing in particular then all it takes is fighting it off once.  Then, the next day, if you get tempted again, remember that you have overcome it before.  Then you'll be more able to fight it off again.  The more time that passes by, the more you will tell yourself, "I've fought it off for such a long time, I'm not going to fall into it again."

So, it starts with one time.  To help you fight off that temptation, do something that has nothing to do with it.

• Please read:
    Sirach 2:1-3:4
    2:1  My child, when you come to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for testing. 2 Set your heart right and be steadfast, and do not be impetuous in time of calamity. 3 Cling to him and do not depart, so that your last days may be prosperous. 4 Accept whatever befalls you, and in times of humiliation be patient. 5 For gold is tested in the fire, and those found acceptable, in the furnace of humiliation.

From someone ,as tempted as you are.
  • [quote author=truth.seeker link=topic=6354.msg84243#msg84243 date=1206117099]
    needprayers,

I'm not going to fall into it again."

So, it starts with one time.  To help you fight off that temptation, do something that has nothing to do with it.

Never say I'm not going to fall...that implies that you have the power to overcome the devil on your own and that i not ture...always say that God has helped me until now and he wont stop.

If You say I am not going to fall be cerain you will fall.
    This is God's way of telling you dont be proud tha you can beat the devil be happy that your name is written in heaven.
  • we'll all die sinner! are we all goin to hell?! no! who ever tries, and strives for the heavenly kingdom is as good as perfect, and is reaching perfection, the highest level of servitude is the anchorite... but are the anchorites free of sin?! no! they are humans and are in the process of salvation just like everyone of us... if youre fighting then you're in a good position, even if you die with that sin! pray about your problem, and God will help you grow from it... inshallah 

21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
    22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
    28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet[d] and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’[e] 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
    35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”[f]

f your brother sins against you,[a] rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4 And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you,[b] saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”
  • Thank you all for your help....
    please pray for me and as God to make me hate this sin, because every time i do it i feel bad and i have to wait to the end of the week to confess and my FOC seems like he's getting annoyed that i keep saying this sin over and over and over. and i wanna stop, but the fact is sometimes i like to do it and i wanna stop it and i wanna hate it so i dont do it please pray for me a lot please
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'(

Pray for me Lots
  • Whenever you're down remember St. Augustine and St. Jonh Chisistome when they were in youth and wanted to do good but failed.

Also Remember them in their glory after they finally conquered like you will.

You pray for me also!
  • St.Paul said.... "look at them in their final moments, and remember them" or something like that.... plz correct me if i am wrong

God Bless

Coptic Pharaoh