What's the deal with men only being able to be deacons?

Comments

• thats wat we r trying to accomplish
  • Lol, well when u finally get it accomplished let us know (no, this is not meant to be sarcasme :P)

but it would be fun though if u were really allowed to do so :)
  • it turns out that our coptic church is allowed
    i hope my priest goes tru with it
  • He will

sleepy
  • try to remind him, he likes u
  • Just pick a good spot on the chorus, so that the deacons won't be distracted ::)
  • [quote author=LostEgPrincess link=board=1;threadid=132;start=90#msg8236 date=1091469942]
    try to remind him, he likes u

I'm so sure....lol

And matt, that can be taken in many ways, how bout the deacons don't distract us...lol

sleepy
  • and so we wont be distracted too u forgot to add.
  • No, I meant not to say that. You know us, we aren't interested in that. We just want to say our hymns...

sleepy
  • just like they r only interested in serving. sleepy u know our church prettly well, case closed

i jsut realized that u posted it beofre me
  • Wow, harsh much????? lol

sleepy
  • ha, i totally agree with lostegyprincess, sorry sleepy, but yea.... the deacons can be a distraction.. at least up in virgin mary and saint pachomious.. lol... so yea.. wed needa work that outt
  • i honestly dont think that will be a problem. i was being sarcastic about being sarcastic.
  • well then, we dont agree.... cuz i honestly think it will be a problem... our deacons will be distracted and so will we....but i guess if w'ere really into it we'll focus more on the hymns.. wateer.. its worth a try!
  • I don't men that we place ourselves in front of the deacons. Either way, we'll be behind them since they're in the front facing the altar, so if they want to look at us, they have to turn around and that wouldn't be our fault, now would it? lol

sleepy
  • lol... yea... i guess ur right.....
  • i dont think ill be distracted, cause there is no distraction! hhehehhe, sleepy knows wat i mean ;)
  • have you guys thought of maybe all the deacons sit on the left and all the girls on the right of the Altar!!!
  • thats wats probably gonna happen
    i just hope this isnt all talk though and that something does happen. u know how egs are
  • yes i do know how egyptians are and another thing about egyptians that is good that we can get annoying very quickly to the point that we can get our mission accomplished ;)
  • hahahhahahaha. lololol ;D
  • see, if we sit on the right and they sit on the left, it wont be too hard to get distracted... and there ARE distractions in other churches if not urs... lol.. and yea.. we do actualy ahve to do something... i dont want the whole all talk no action crap with this one *excuse the language*
  • Honestly i dont think u'll get this accomplished, the male deacons are probably to proud to let females (who r better at singing hymns probably ::)) accompany them on the chorus place ;D
  • Actually, the deacons in our church would gladly let us accompany them for reasons such as the fact that we know the alhan better.....lol

sleepy
  • no sleepy, they will hate it especially since, u know who, will be with us and they cant stand her.

but i dont care about the decons, they rnt making the decision, abouna is.
  • hey
    i just got back from the OCYC and it was a BLAST! truly amazing.

Thumbs up for St. George and St. Rueiss Toronto for organizign everyhting, u guys rock!

tasbeha was just awesome sat night.

I loved every bit of it!

Brampton church, ur play was kool.

God Bless all who made this possible!!

and girls can sing awesome alhan!!

i think it will only work girls if the girls sat in the first few pews of the church and sang all the hymns with the deacons.. that would be cool.

lates
  • cool unconditional love that you had fun
    and LostEgPrincess it seems that your church has too much drama going on between boys and girls
  • not really.no
  • It's just that the guys are bitter that the girls sing alhan better than the boys, and abouna even said it a few times....

sleepy
  • well, in our age group, yes the girls sing alhan better than hte boys in our church.. however the older high schoolers and our college/graduate deacons.. theyre AMAZING! we have these 4 deacons that just blow everyone away, theyre our main deacons and no1 can replace them, as long as their there then the girls wont even be noticed ... but we could try..