My Poem #2!!!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Someone who replied to my other poem asked me to put the other poem i have!!! here it is!! I hope u like it!!!

[center]The Name
Darkness is flowing through my mind.
The devil had made me evil and blind.
And hatred is flowing through my heart.
The devil had torn my soul apart.
People can’t see what he had done to me.
People can’t see that I can’t be what I want to be.
People know I changed, but don’t know why.
People would feel bad for me, so they would cry.
But not a tear would drop from my eye.
And not a smile would come from any bride.
Every time I saw the light,
I would go back to the darkness and forget the sight.
Reaching out through the light was a hand.
It wanted to help me, that’s what I understand.
But why? I don’t know.
And every time I reached for it, the devil screamed, “NO!”
I want to return to my happy life and dreams.
But the only way is to forget how everything seemed.
So every time I tried, I would fall back.
And every time I saw the light, it would all turn black.
There was only one more thing left for me to do.
It was to call God, who saved me and the world too.
And there, he appeared strong and tall.
And “Jesus,” I would say and his name I would still call
He cleared the darkness, and a path I can see.
And I followed the path to be what I want to be.
And now the darkness had gone away.
And forever he will be because God is with me every day.
[/center]

Comments

• Thank you for taking the time to post these 2 poems I really liked them.
  • This is by far my favorite poem of yours, not that the other one wasn't good too, but this one was marvelous, I loved your rhyming scheme it was amazing, you really do have a talent, keep going, and may the Lord , our God, and Savior guide you and bless you with this talent!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=mannan link=topic=6109.msg81177#msg81177 date=1200776495]
    Thank you for taking the time to post these 2 poems I really liked them.

[quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6109.msg81178#msg81178 date=1200776517]
    This is by far my favorite poem of yours, not that the other one wasn't good too, but this one was marvelous, I loved your rhyming scheme it was amazing, you really do have a talent, keep going, and may the Lord , our God, and Savior guide you and bless you with this talent!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Thnk u!!!!
  • Great poem, I liked it very much thanks for posting it
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6109.msg81181#msg81181 date=1200776781]
    Great poem, I liked it very much thanks for posting it

Thnx!!!!! And ur welcome!!!!
  • Hey thirsty for Christ, good work buddy nd u sure have the talent. Here is somethin I wrote up a year ago nd I thought I posted along with your poems for everyone to see. It's not as good as urs but I hope dat some ppl will benefit from it. God Bless:

You created earth for me to enjoy
    Yet I found no joy in it
    You gave me senses
    But I continue to sin with them
    You stretched out your hand to me
    And not once did I consider
    What more can I say
    Than that I’m a lost sinner
    One who whishes to confess
    That a life with thee
    Is far better than living here for ever.

• That was just-oh-amazing! Thank you so much.
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6109.msg81199#msg81199 date=1200833787]
    That was just-oh-amazing! Thank you so much.

thnx and ur welcome!!!!
  • [quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6109.msg81198#msg81198 date=1200832024]
    Hey thirsty for Christ, good work buddy nd u sure have the talent. Here is somethin I wrote up a year ago nd I thought I posted along with your poems for everyone to see. It's not as good as urs but I hope dat some ppl will benefit from it. God Bless:

Yet I found no joy in it
    You gave me senses
    What more can I say
    That a life with thee

That waz such a small poem with a big meaning!!!! It is as they say......... Big things come in small packages. Good job!!!!
  • I like that it very much
  • [quote author=mannan link=topic=6109.msg81212#msg81212 date=1200854316]
    I like that it very much

thnx!!!!
  • [quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6109.msg81198#msg81198 date=1200832024]
    Hey thirsty for Christ, good work buddy nd u sure have the talent. Here is somethin I wrote up a year ago nd I thought I posted along with your poems for everyone to see. It's not as good as urs but I hope dat some ppl will benefit from it. God Bless:

Yet I found no joy in it
    You gave me senses
    What more can I say
    That a life with thee

I liked that it makes you think.
  • nice poems! u guys should like make a collection and put them all in a book one day  :)
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=6109.msg81372#msg81372 date=1201122216]
    nice poems! u guys should like make a collection and put them all in a book one day  :)

I certainly agree, and maybe experiment with different different backgrounds and landscapes like footprints and such or the cover of the series of unfortunate events!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • thnx manaan nd everyone else for your kind replies, I'm not much of a poet yet it was something of a reflection at the time. If i do get to write up another den ill sure let uz know bout it. In the meantime, remember me in your prayers. thnx
  • [quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6109.msg81377#msg81377 date=1201125807]
    thnx manaan nd everyone else for your kind replies, I'm not much of a poet yet it was something of a reflection at the time. If i do get to write up another den ill sure let uz know bout it. In the meantime, remember me in your prayers. thnx

ur welcome and if u do rite anymore plz post it!!!!!
  • [quote author=*Thirsty+For+Christ* link=topic=6109.msg81381#msg81381 date=1201130808]
    [quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6109.msg81377#msg81377 date=1201125807]
    thnx manaan nd everyone else for your kind replies, I'm not much of a poet yet it was something of a reflection at the time. If i do get to write up another den ill sure let uz know bout it. In the meantime, remember me in your prayers. thnx

ur welcome and if u do rite anymore plz post it!!!!!

Yes Please write them on here I would love to read them well we would all love to read them
  • Morning Convo wit Christ

Good morning Lord
    How are you?
    I couldn’t sleep yesterday
    Too busy thinking about you
    About your glory
    That is shown through all your stories
    About your love
    That is always there for us
    About judgment day
    And how I’ll be so afraid
    …Do me one favor and let me in
    Please don’t turn me away that day, because of my sins.
    Oh by the way!
    I just wanted to say
    Thank you for today and every other day.
    In about an hour
    I’ll give you a ring
    That way you can hear me sing your hymns

Talk 2 u soon

• [quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6109.msg81427#msg81427 date=1201213417]
    Morning Convo wit Christ

Good morning Lord
    How are you?
    About your glory
    About your love
    About judgment day
    Oh by the way!
    I just wanted to say
    In about an hour
    I’ll give you a ring

Talk 2 u soon

THAT'S SO ADORABLE, you are a poet, and also God bless your talent, it's truely magnificent, your humility will hopefully grant you a place in God's heart and heaven!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey coptic servant. I'm glad u liked it. I hope everyone else does as well since they sound it eager for it, nd neshkor rabena for allowing me to think of those few words nd have em shared on here. God bless nd thnx 4 da words of encouragement. Pray 4 me
  • I liked that keep it up
  • woooooooww.... speechlesss.... silent monk and thirsty... u guys sure have talent!!!
    hahah u sure u didnt take those poems from someone else... loool they re reallly goood!!! God Bless and may that talent given to u grow even bigger for the greater glory of God
    btw i think u should really share those poems with the youth in ur church like in opening session or something cause they re really something...
    God Bless,
    Enough
  • [quote author=Enough link=topic=6109.msg81458#msg81458 date=1201298731]
    woooooooww.... speechlesss.... silent monk and thirsty... u guys sure have talent!!!
    hahah u sure u didnt take those poems from someone else... loool they re reallly goood!!! God Bless and may that talent given to u grow even bigger for the greater glory of God
    btw i think u should really share those poems with the youth in ur church like in opening session or something cause they re really something...
    God Bless,
    Enough

thnx!!!![quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6109.msg81427#msg81427 date=1201213417]
    Morning Convo wit Christ

Good morning Lord
    How are you?
    About your glory
    About your love
    About judgment day
    Oh by the way!
    I just wanted to say
    In about an hour
    I’ll give you a ring

Talk 2 u soon

ya and good job!!! that waz sooooooooooo cute!!!! keep it up!!!
  • [quote author=Enough link=topic=6109.msg81458#msg81458 date=1201298731]
    God Bless,
    Enough

nice idea, i'll think about it!!!
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=6109.msg81372#msg81372 date=1201122216]
    nice poems! u guys should like make a collection and put them all in a book one day  :)

why a book? maybe a CD or something and then we can post it on tasbeha so everyone could listen to it! :D
    That would be awesome.

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6109.msg82563#msg82563 date=1203563212]
    [quote author=He Wept link=topic=6109.msg81372#msg81372 date=1201122216]

why a book? maybe a CD or something and then we can post it on tasbeha so everyone could listen to it! :D
    That would be awesome.

bentBABAyasooa`

I so agree bentBABAyasooa, I think that would be a great idea!! I know we got more talented people than that, and yes most of us are shy, but just remember the person that you are speaking for, up high in the sky who will listen to you when you recite your songs, poems, or even a little thank you letter!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6109.msg82566#msg82566 date=1203563747]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6109.msg82563#msg82563 date=1203563212]

That would be awesome.

bentBABAyasooa`

I so agree bentBABAyasooa, I think that would be a great idea!! I know we got more talented people than that, and yes most of us are shy, but just remember the person that you are speaking for, up high in the sky who will listen to you when you recite your songs, poems, or even a little thank you letter!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

[quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6109.msg82563#msg82563 date=1203563212]

That would be awesome.

bentBABAyasooa`

Awwwwwwww thnx u guys!!!
  • I think you should make a tarnema for easter and give it to tasbeha as a present! :)
    you can write it with the refrain, and then try to sing it or have some one sing it and record it and email it to me (I would love to hear it).

Oh..my...gosh you are sooo good!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6109.msg82569#msg82569 date=1203564296]
    I think you should make a tarnema for easter and give it to tasbeha as a present! :)
    you can write it with the refrain, and then try to sing it or have some one sing it and record it and email it to me (I would love to hear it).

Oh..my...gosh you are sooo good!

bentBABAyasooa`

thnx!!!!!