tasbeha.org

edited February 2008 in Random Issues
can someone tell me the point of the forums of tasbeha.org?

1) Not to put anyone done, but there are A LOT A LOT A LOT OF questions being asked that are taught in like 2nd grade Sunday school classes...

2) A lot of false information is being posted... Yes there are a lot of intelligent people posting comments full of wisdom, but i don't think that that is what the majority of the comments are... Personally when i post something ending in "I might be wrong, correct me if i am" I only ever go back to that topic or thread if it stays in the top 5 threads for another five days. or a long period of time... otherwise i really don't care.... so basically my point is you can't argue that even though there are a lot of falsies, these falsies are corrected. cause they are only corrected to the original poster...

eh... don't get me wrong, this isn't an attack on these forums, cause i sometimes learn a thing or two (im not sure of what i learn is correct or not, but i do learn it)...

any feedback?

Edited:

[quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6250.msg82519#msg82519 date=1203540311]
the forums is to understand world discussions that may have been currently talked out in our society today
[/quote]

I can watch cnn for that...

And *Regretful+Sinner*  i addressed what your saying in my orginal post, cause the thing is some people don't read the respones to what they wrote before....like i respond to someones question, and i never go back to that forum again....

You do bring up a good point tho... you should correct it for the others who have not read it yet... but by the time you get the right answer and post it the thread is going to be dead, and if you bring it back to the top 5, people are still gonna know that they already responded to it, or read it... so yea...

more feedback?

Comments

• All I can say is that basically the purpose defined to the forums is to understand world discussions that may have been currently talked out in our society today, and to make people familar with the world around us, another reason may be that to get to know other members, that may or may not be Coptic Christian which is alright too!! Everyone has their own opinions and so on and forth, they may express them differently than what we think may have been their intention in the first place. Hope I answered your question, and if I didn't then other members for sure who have better knowledge then me will tell you what the purpose is!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i like this forum a lot!!!!!!!! it keeps me away from playing games and actually searching for answers in the bible. which means it gets me closer to God. if someone answers something wrong and they aren't sure i go ask, and wen i get the right answer i post it. i can ask a sunday school teacher, or abouna. that is wut i always do. and if i am not sure sometimes of my answer i ask. so if they say oh correct me if i am rong, ask someone, because if that person is rong then correct them so then other people won't get the rong answer. and wen someone says, correct me if i am wrong then u actually see how people are thinking. not everyone thinks the same. some people can deal with a situation differently than others. ok!! i stated my opinion!!
  • thats really good
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6250.msg82551#msg82551 date=1203557924]
    thats really good

wutz really good?
  • that people are learning from these forums... but as krazylion said, i hope we are learning the things that are right and not the things that we think are right...
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6250.msg82556#msg82556 date=1203559128]
    that people are learning from these forums... but as krazylion said, i hope we are learning the things that are right and not the things that we think are right...

even if we know or learn the rong thing from this website we will learn later on the right thing because someone will correct us!!! or u can correct urself by asking, like i said before.
  • [quote author=*Regretful+Sinner* link=topic=6250.msg82557#msg82557 date=1203559299]
    [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6250.msg82556#msg82556 date=1203559128]
    that people are learning from these forums... but as krazylion said, i hope we are learning the things that are right and not the things that we think are right...

even if we know or learn the rong thing from this website we will learn later on the right thing because someone will correct us!!! or u can correct urself by asking, like i said before.

Actually, not that I want to argue or anything, but it should be taken upon ourselves to have people correct us on what they know is right, and if they have enough accurate information to back up their response than we should accept the correction and not fight back if we have nothing to say, not trying to pick out certain people, but I too may do that, and if I do it and I'm unaware of it, than please say so, please speak up if any of this has bothered, I apologize on my behalf.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • People who aren't certain on a subject should not be posting in the first place what is the point just to confuse others as well as yourself, if all you have to say is i agree or nothing really to add(i am guilty of this) then you should not be posting in the first place. by you saying you agree and not elaborating you have done nothing but waste peoples time and space on the thread. and by you posting without knowing what your really talking about just to have your say then you lead people astray who also don't know about the subject.
  • The point of the Tasbeha.org Forums is to provide a free flow of ideas and different points of view on various topics.  These topics, however trivial, are important to the person asking or to someone that may not have attended 2nd grade Sunday school...

Also, not everyone that visits these forums is :

1. Coptic

2. Egyptian

3. Christian

4. American

or All of the above...

So to an "outsider" wanting to learn more about the Coptic Church or about a particular topic (Dating, Rites of the Church, Teachings of the Fathers, etc) - has the ability to mine a wealth of information. (correct or incorrect) - and then they will form their own opinions or pick out the relevant factual information.

Besides, the forums - Tasbeha.org & CopticChurch.net have a huge library of other resources that are good for reference.

Also, you need to keep in mind that not everyone has the same experiences, thoughts, or education (religious or other) ..

• [quote author=Maged link=topic=6250.msg82577#msg82577 date=1203566133]
    The point of the Tasbeha.org Forums is to provide a free flow of ideas and different points of view on various topics.  These topics, however trivial, are important to the person asking or to someone that may not have attended 2nd grade Sunday school...

Also, not everyone that visits these forums is :

1. Coptic

2. Egyptian

3. Christian

4. American

or All of the above...

So to an "outsider" wanting to learn more about the Coptic Church or about a particular topic (Dating, Rites of the Church, Teachings of the Fathers, etc) - has the ability to mine a wealth of information. (correct or incorrect) - and then they will form their own opinions or pick out the relevant factual information.

Besides, the forums - Tasbeha.org & CopticChurch.net have a huge library of other resources that are good for reference.

Also, you need to keep in mind that not everyone has the same experiences, thoughts, or education (religious or other) ..

Good... still you seem to be thinking that the flow of ideas - is all correct- or the outsider that is going to look at the website is looking at correct information

I do agree with this tho
    [quote author=Maged link=topic=6250.msg82577#msg82577 date=1203566133]

But my question was about the forums..
  • I love this website I have to come here everyday and stay a long time.There are a lot of things that are informational and there are many different views.
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6250.msg82689#msg82689 date=1203650178]
    I love this website I have to come here everyday and stay a long time.There are a lot of things that are informational and there are many different views.

ya i know!! this website keeps u away from anything else u can be doing!!! instead of watching tv or talking on the phone, u r here helping people and helping ur spiritual life, by making it grow greater!!
  • hello everyone
    i personally think that it is a wonderful website in which many people contribute to the coptic eyptian religion.  most people who are memebers are dedicated to God and spend time improving their spiritual life nd helping others at their time of need.  i think that most of the answers are usually correct since it is based on your true inner feelings of teh intellectual mind.  howver soem may be opinion, as i may point out that we r not in a church or in front of God asking him.  some of teh questions that are asked here are more into theology.  and cannot be answered by just any one teenager surfin teh web.  which is y pplz answer; it is better to say wat u think is rite. 

also lots of members here are serius and do answer corrrectly.  so overall i find this website to be pleasing to all of  us, and to our spiritual souls.  i hope i have not disturbed anyone in any way. 

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • Something very unique about these forums is that it acts as a support group. This support group provides the youth with experiences & encourage each other to overcome many problems that we faith now days.
    For all the admins & users May God bless you & reward you with His Heavenly Rewards.
    Plz pray for me