Favorite Saint

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I was just wondering who are people's favorite saints??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Comments

• My favorite saints are St. Demiana And St. Mohraeel.
  • St. Athanasius the Apostolic
    St. Mercurius (Abu Seifen)
    St. Steven
  • Saint MAry and Saint Abanoub and Abba Abraham
  • St. Stephen by far!
  • My favorate is ST. George.
    He is both a saint and a martyre.  One of God's favorate martyres.

• the person who i am named after, St. Bishoy
  • I'm interested to know about more historically recent Coptic saints, say, in the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Who were they?

My favourite is the 'Chalcedon' saint, Aidan. He was an Irish saint who, the 6th century came to England and evangelised the north east of that country. You can read about him and many other saints in the boringly entitled but not boring 'The History of the English Church and People' by St Bede .
  • St. Moses the Strong.
  • [quote author=aidan link=topic=6015.msg80363#msg80363 date=1197675308]
    I'm interested to know about more historically recent Coptic saints, say, in the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Who were they?

Where would one begin? One of the greatest stars of the 20th century is undoubtedly Pope St Kyrillos VI, the late Patriarch of Alexandria. I have about 12 shortbooks on this great Saint that have been written in English, 6 relate to his miracles alone, and the others relate to his divine practical and spiritual wisdom. Pope St Kyrillos exemplified the long tradition of Coptic Popes as uniquely ascetic fathers. He was a man of unusually intensive prayer, especially for a man with his responsibilities. He also exhibited a profound humility that would leave you guessing as to whether he was an authority figure in the Church were you never so informed of that fact. As Patriarch, he humbled himself to the level of the common congregational member, dwelling amongst the congregation as a brother to all, empathising with each individuals problems and always leaving his door open for any member of the congregation that sought his assistance. As you can imagine, this left him with a lot of sleepless nights (since, ofcourse, people needed him at all hours of the day), but God miraculously gave him the strength to keep up with such a schedule in compensation for his overflowing compassion for the people. In his humility he was able to crush the pride of secular authorities, such as the then president of Egypt who had once treated him with contempt. The president who had once refused to receive the patriarch as an honoured guest, was reduced to a servant who ran to the patriarch to have him heal his daughter. In his clairvoyance the Patriarch was able to pre-know the president's need of him, and in striking contrast to the president who previously had not cared to entertain the patriatch's need of his assistance, the Patriarch was found dressed and ready to receive the president before anyone knew the president was on his way. Healing and clairvoyance were just a couple of gifts endowed by God upon this great Saint to assist him in his ministry to the Church. He also lived this life on earth as if it were heaven, for he was part of a world that, although not visible to the rest of us, was visible to him; as such he regularly saw and conversed with the Angels and Saints (most notably St Menas the Martyr, which is why the Pope is often iconographically depicted side-by-side with St Menas) who constituted his close band of personal friends and consultants.

I could go on and on forever about this great Saint, but duties call.
  • I must say my favorite Sts. start with the Lady of us all the Holy Virgin Mary, the Great Martyr St. George the prince of martyrs and of course Abosefein, and the Great St. that Iqbal wrote about who i wish i could have met, The great HH Pope Kyrollos VI the man of Prayer, i have been forturnate enough to read some of the books Iqbal mentioned and i highly recomend them all to anyone who can get their hands on them.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness,
  • Saint Abouna Athanasious El-Souriani. Very recent.
  • copt andrew, I want to know what was the year St. Athanasius el soryan died in?

PK
  • :D Hey peter8866!!!! :D ;) I waz just wondering, who is ur favorite saint or saints!!?? ???
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6015.msg80329#msg80329 date=1197583449]
    St. Stephen by far!

I have to agree here! lol. I also have additions of Anba Barsoum El Erian and Abd il Meseeh il Minahry. He is a recent saint. Very, very awesome.
  • I have to say......St. Mary, the Mother of God.
  • my favourite saint : Saint kyrollos IV and Saint Abonoub man of prayer
  • I have many favourite saints loll this is just a small sample
    St. Maximos & Domatious
    St. Arsanius
    St. Moses the Black
    St. Beshoy
    St. Anthony the great

And my favourite recent saints would be Abouna Yostos El-Antony and Abouna Andarawes El-Samweely
  • Too many to name, but I will try my best to keep it simple, but sweet..ummm..
    St. Mary (MOST DEFINITELY)
    Pope Kyrillos VI
    St. Mina
    St. Aleria
    St. Abanoub
    Abouna Andrawes al Samoeli

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • St.Mary and St.Mina
  • my favoraite saint is Ana Simone . :D
  • My favorite saints in order of being closest to God:
    St. Mary
    Archangel Michael
    St. John the Baptist
    St. John
    St. Peter
    St. Andrew
    St. Mark
    St. George
    St. Athanasius
    St. Cyril the Great
    St. Bishoy
  • my favourite saints are

St. Mary, mother of God
    Tamav Erene
    St. Anthony the Great
    Pope Kyrillos
    St. Mina
    Abouna Bishoy Kamel
  • my favorite saint is Abouna youstous also known as the silent monk  :D  i recommend any one who hasnt seen the movie go and see it.  its really a nice story and we should all have a little abouna youstous inside all of us.  :)
  • Mine are

Pope Kyrollos VI (Shafi3y)
    Abouna Yostos (the Silent Monk)
    St. Anthony the Great
    St. Mina
    St. John The Beloved
  • i don't like picking "favorites" especially with Saints, i dunno why, but i get a weired feeeling when i pick some saints over others, but the top ones r : 

1.Pope Kyrollos 6
    2.St.Mina
    3.Abouna Bishoy Kamel **HE IS A SAINT** (contact me if u have any questions)
    4.St.Geroge
  • Oh and of course

St. Augustine

Oh and please someone if you have his life story i would love to read it
    thanx
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6015.msg84704#msg84704 date=1206761018]
    i don't like picking "favorites" especially with Saints, i dunno why, but i get a weired feeeling when i pick some saints over others, but the top ones r : 

1.Pope Kyrollos 6
    2.St.Mina
    3.Abouna Bishoy Kamel **HE IS A SAINT** (contact me if u have any questions)
    4.St.Geroge

I love Abouna Bishoy Kamel's story!!!!!!!!!!
  • ***** SAINT BISHOY*****

saint Antony
    saint Paul
    arch prophet moses
    the psalmist David
    abouna yustos who is not an official saint yet... but intregued by his story!
    abouna bishoy kamel, abouna jesse, abouna abdel meseeh, who are all not yet saints but i am intrigued by their lives!
    also saint mar charbel, not Coptic but he's an amazing Lebanese saint, he is an amazing saint
    many more that i mention them my fingers will fall from the much typing i would have to do!
  • St Theodore of Shotep
  • [quote author=God_Worshiper link=topic=6015.msg80279#msg80279 date=1197514500]
    I was just wondering who are people's favorite saints??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
    [/quote

my favourite saints are saint bishoy and saint simon the shoemaker. But really i love all saints.