Avmask

edited January 2008 in Hymns Discussion
Do we say avmasf until the circumcision, also is it joyus (farahi) tune until that day as well?

Comments

• I am pretty sure we do.

Correct me if i am wrong
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6078.msg80902#msg80902 date=1199838761]
    Do we say avmasf until the circumcision, also is it joyus (farahi) tune until that day as well?

from Nativity to the feast of the Wedding of Cana of Galilee, we pray festive and nativity rite.
  • very interesting i thought it was only till circumcision thank you
  • actually your right.... am sorry. i got confussed with the fact that we also say festive tune from theophany till weddiong of Cana.
    so the final:

[coptic]Aumack[/coptic] – Festive: Nativity to Circumcision
    [coptic]Aki[i`wmc [/coptic] – Festive: Theophany to Weeding of Cana

• Dear Mina,
    I thought we say avmask up until Epiphany, being intervened with Circumcision feast; then akchiwmc till wedding of Cana.
    Please check that out for me.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6078.msg80922#msg80922 date=1199919607]
    Dear Mina,
    I thought we say avmask up until Epiphany, being intervened with Circumcision feast; then akchiwmc till wedding of Cana.
    Please check that out for me.

well thats what i thought to. but you stop celebrating the Nativity on Circumcision where you also stop praying in the Festive tune. there that is that period from 7 Toba to 9 Toba where they are just normal annual rite.
  • Thanks Mina for clarification.
  • do we sing the christmas doxologies still and do everything for christmas like a procession and stuff or just the avmask and joyus tune?
  • The Feast of the Nativity does not have a procession
  • sorry i mean like the hymns like eparthenos and pijenmici and qademu lahu...
  • Yes you do. if there are processions thoo, you say e-parthenos
  • sorry another question... the tune for the watos psali during vespers praises during the nativity is the tune the same as the ressurection one? or is it a special tune... does anyone have a source i can hear? thanks.
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6078.msg80953#msg80953 date=1200105004]
    sorry another question... the tune for the watos psali during vespers praises during the nativity is the tune the same as the ressurection one? or is it a special tune... does anyone have a source i can hear? thanks.

psalies, excluding Kiahk, have 4 tunes. 2 adam and 2 Watos (annual and festive). [coptic]Aikw][/coptic] is Adam annual, [coptic]Av] `m`p`ounof[/coptic] is Watos Annual.

Here is Watos Festive Example: Psali Watos - Resurrection
    Adam Festive Example: Psali Adam - Resurrection

Now many don't accapt these 2 tunes....especially the Watos Festive.....but oh well......this is what's right.
  • Mina,
    How is it possible to have Processions after the Feast day is completed. The Processions for Entering the Church are only on the feast days when you sing [coptic]`Pouro[/coptic], and there are no processions after the Acts, just the Synxarium, and then [coptic]Ypar;enou[/coptic], [coptic]Pijenmici[/coptic], and [coptic]Pa[oic[/coptic]. So, where exactly does the processions come in?
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6078.msg81144#msg81144 date=1200727082]
    Mina,
    How is it possible to have Processions after the Feast day is completed. The Processions for Entering the Church are only on the feast days when you sing [coptic]`Pouro[/coptic], and there are no processions after the Acts, just the Synxarium, and then [coptic]Ypar;enou[/coptic], [coptic]Pijenmici[/coptic], and [coptic]Pa[oic[/coptic]. So, where exactly does the processions come in?

well what i ment is in other services of the church. for example there was a funeral that i had to go to the 2nd day of the feast. also don't forget that u do processions in weddings to...which also happend last sunday in my church.
  • Oh, okay, I see what you mean.
  • Dear all,
    I thought that the inaugural processions (if I may call it though) at presenting the Lamb is part of the strictly correct practice in liturgies with ebouro sung in every liturgy, that for convenience purposes no one bothers with it. Am I right strictly speaking, or what?
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot
  • No we don't sing Epouro every time we present the lamb. We sing the 41 kyrie eleisons all the time. Epouro is reserved for the major feasts although it can be sung whenever(appropriatly obviously) the only time i can see it being sung is before the offering of the lamb even before the prayers of the agpeya after Tenousht. but that doesn't happen generally.
  • to add to what jydeacon said....i think the procession of the Lamb refers to the one that is done around the altar, by the priest and the deacons serving, not everyone else and not around the church. Also the procession is only untill [coptic]Doxa Patri[/coptic]. after that it's just the Thanksgiving Prayer.
  • Thank you jydeacon and minagir for you clarifications.