Has He helped you?

edited November 2008 in Youth Corner
I am ashamed of some of the things I said in this post so im deleting it.

Not ashamed of my major question though.

Comments

• Sorry, I don't have enough time to read everything you wrote, because I have to study, but the answer to your first question is yes, Jesus has helped me LOTSSSS of times.
  • I havn't read every thing that was written but i looked through most of it. and upon that, all i have to say is there are things that are set up for everyone of us. we are not all the same. God's will for us is different. Yes the goal is to get us back to Him, but that goal is taken by many ways.

right now in our life on earth, the best thing we must do is to stay with Him and know His will and do it. God's plan for us is the best....if it looks good or bad.

to me, being right here right now, on tasbeha.org, in college, being His servant, His son, and still living with Him is the best thing that is happening to me.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Question: Has He helped me?

Answer: More then I could possibly deserve.
  • Has He helped me?

More than I ever deserved - and more than I often remember to thank Him for.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • YES. Thats the answer.
    In SPITE of my lazyness I passed the two courses i shouldnt have.
    First semester i had put off everything to the point that i needded to pass the exam with a fifty to pass the course at all.

God's mercy--- The teacher counted ELEVEN extra marks and i passed the exam with a fifty four. NO COINCIDENCE-- Shes a math teacher.

Needless to say... NO MORE LAZYNESS FOR ME.
    Lets Glorify Him Through Our Studies!!

These Prayers Help ALOT.

Prayer before an exam
    H.H. Pope Cyril VI

My Lord Jesus Christ,

I thank You for You have taught me to seek refuge in You, in times of need, when You said “ Call upon Me in the day of your trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”  Now, Oh Lord, I appeal to You to give me wisdom and understanding at this time of exams. Give me grace to pass this test in peace. Grant me Your profound peace and blessings in the time that I am writing my test. Lord Jesus, I ask of You to find favor in my teachers’ eyes for You soften their hearts towards me as they mark my papers. Dear Lord, I am a sinner, and I have not pleased You or myself all year, but I ask You not to treat me according to my sins or hardness of heart, but according to Your mercy and sympathy. Lord, You said, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” So, here I am, asking, and on the gate of Your mercy I am knocking. So, do not refuse my prayer, for you have said: “whoever comes to Me I will never drive away.” Answer me, through the intercessions of the Holy Virgin and all Your angels. Amen.

Prayer for Preparation to Study
    Grant me peace, O God, as I open my books and notes. Open my mind to Thy will, and may I dedicate these hours to Thy Son, Jesus Christ. Offer me insight, O Lord, that I might understand these things, and see them as a part of Thy Kingdom. May I offer Thee my best in reading and learning that it may be a part of my discipleship. O Jesus Christ, may this be a worthy time that is faithful to Thee and bring me closer to the goals I have in order to serve Thee. I offer this time and prayer in Thy holy Name. Amen.

Prayer Before an Exam
    O wise God, I pray that my mind might be rested, my body energized, and my spirit inspired for the exam I must write. Grant me peace and assurance so that I might do the best I am able, regardless of what that might be. Be with my fellow students and may I be a good example to them, offering reassurance and confidence regardless of how I feel. May I be honest and insightful, and able to give a true record of what I have learned. In the end, may any disappointment be born with grace, and any joy accompanied with humility. I write this exam with Thee, O Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Prayer For Peace of Mind
    In this time of anxiety, O loving God, grant me peace of mind. Quiet any distress and allow me to see clearly my mission and discipleship. I pray for my examiners as well as for myself, so that they might be wise in their questioning so that it will allow for a true accounting of my learning and understanding. May the memory of my family and friends remind me of their support, regardless of outcome, united with them in the spirit of love. May I be wise enough to gain enough rest so all might be ready, my thoughts organized, and my life dedicated to serve Thee whatever the cost, through the love of Jesus Christ, my Saviour. Amen.

Prayer in a Time of Anxiety
    When I am truly anxious, O God, remind me of my love of Thy Son, Jesus Christ. May I realize that I will not be abandoned, but am accompanied always by Him. Dispel any sense of self-concern, and remind me that others are feeling the same tensions, which is only natural in times of stress. Grant me insight, God of Wisdom, to see the things that have been taught, to understand them in the unfolding story of Thy Creation, and our place within it. May I lay my head down to rest confident that Thou art always with us, through the love and affection of Thy Son, Jesus Christ, my Redeemer and Lord. Amen.
  • Thankyou for those prayers. I was thinking about some of the same things said in the prayers.

• Well yeah the absolution of the twelfth hour one time i didnt pray the twelfth hour and I dreamed of my sister calling me and said someone is in the house i was like no one is here then a second later i heard a laugh like the one in christain movies that the devil laughs it was scary.Btw my sister said she dreamed the same dream but her in my place and me in her place.
  • JESUS CHRIST is mi savior nd he has helped me in many many ways throughout mi life time

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • Even if you think that you are isolated and no one is there to help you if you fall and what not, always always rely on the one that is most likely known for it, the one above that you always forget when he doesn't, the one that always remembers to tell you about his great stories, when you don't like sharing it with him, the one that aids you when your injured, and you don't do anything to help him if he falls, the one that you only remember once a year when he gave his life for you, and you never gave him anything in return, the one that will always comfort you and waiting patiently for you to comfort him back, the one that will always tell you right from wrong even when you don't listen, the one that will cure you from any sickness and will always keep you in health, but when it comes time to give back, you don't give him anything in return, the one that will always be by your side whether you are right or wrong, the one that sits by you when you are feeling down and talks you through it, but you don't do anything to help him with his problems, the one that always when he sets his mind to do something he will fulfill it with a 100% guarantee, the one that will forgive for whatever you have done to make him feel bad, the one that will tell you it'll be alright, although you have no doubt that it won't, the one that keeps you under his guidance and guarding, but when it comes to defend him you don't do anything about it, the one that will hold your head up high, even if you are frustrated and wrong, the one that will take you by the hand and aid you through your problems, the one that will teach you the difference between good and evil and tell you to do all the good things, and forgive and forget whatever you have done that might've hurt him in the past, the one who forgets if you did one bad thing, but always keeps the good thing treasured inside his big gold heart, the one you can count on for anything you need, and the one that will fight your battles with satan when he tries attacking you!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Has He helped me?
    Yea more than i can count.
    and what makes me feel horrible is when I sin i think about this.
    God chose me above millions of others to be a Coptic Christian, and be His son from birth, yet i sin daily,
    he could have chosen millions better than i am, but he didnt.

Pray for me a sinner
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!