The PERFECT WORLD

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
There has been many fantasies about the perfect world, I know it's like physically impossible, but how do you fantasize your perfect world, is it like sinless? does everyone get along with everyone else, are we all christians, is there only one religion, are there still going to be conflicts/wars, is there going to be more than one civilization, what about countries, is everyone going to live in just one big place? How do you dream of your perfect world, how do you define it as? No limitation required, so express yourself the way you want it to, just keep the standards at a point, like don't over exaggerate unless it's completely necessary!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• my perfect world is with my LORD.....
  • that would probably be my favorite response...anybody else would like to think beyond of what minagir said?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • not only would that be the best response for you, but for me, it is the only response i would give. There is nothing that can be more perfect than being with the Lord
  • I think "perfect" needs to be defined. This world is perfect for struggling and feeling the breadth and depth and heights of God's love for us.  Without infirmity, purity has no value.
  • well of course i agree with minagir but i imagine the world now if it were perfect to be everyone living where they r, u know like different countries and everything, and it wouldnt be sinless, there would just be less sin lol=)
    like someone would do something wrong and they would ask for forgiveness from God and they would learn from their mistakes. also, there would be  no curses, no one showing off too much skin, no major crimes, pretty much peaceful, neighbor helping neighbor....lbut it wouldnt be completely perfect cuz then why need God or heaven? like ppl would genuinely care for each other w/o restrictions and there would be no sicknesses...ppl would praise God all the time and gather together in the love of Jesus...which means that everyone would believe in God..also i like to think of everyone being Coptic but even if they werent, everyone would tolerate differences....

nice q it made me think=)
    GBU always and p4m :D
  • he wept, you are certainly correct...everything you said is true, but I would just like you to just imagine, I know we all want to be with GOD, for sure, but just imagine, use your imagination beyond what the normality is...

doubting thomas...perfection in this case would be considered as just a word of description for the world basically if you get where i'm going with this...

jsangel_23, i like the way you put it, i really wish the world could actually work like that, ya .. for whomever is going to reply or post back just pretend that the world is going to be refreshed, and it's all up to you, you get to decide the finishing touches, and the details, it's like one big project you're going to create!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • In this world there will e no perfection until He comes again.

But if we would but repent, amend our lives and walk in His way, and if we would love one another as He loves us, and if we would remember that we are all children of the living God, then this world would be a much better place.

We must never fall into the ancient heresy of believing that this world is given over to the devil, even if at times it seems as though one can see why that heresy grew up. God made this world, and He made us, and through His only-begotten Son He gave us the opportunity to make it, and ourselves, better. Pray that we can take the steps we need; but remember that each of us, in our daily life, can make that little bit of difference.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Perfection comes about through theosis, which is an eternal process.  Thus, a perfect world entails a complete partaking of (not in) the Divine Nature.
  • well if your saying the world cannot be perfect in anyway, untill the Lord comes, how about what is the best thing that u can have in the world- which i guess makes the answer a little more "reasonable"?  :)
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5977.msg79929#msg79929 date=1196646520]
    well if your saying the world cannot be perfect in anyway, untill the Lord comes, how about what is the best thing that u can have in the world- which i guess makes the answer a little more "reasonable"?  :)

i would still say:

my perfect world is with my LORD.....
  • Dear He Wept,

We are all being a little vexing I suspect in not saying what would make this world as it is more perfect. ;)

I am put in mind to the story of the aged St. John being carried into Church and when being asked for advice saying: 'Little children, love one another.'

If we followed that advice it would be a better world.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [quote author=Anglian link=topic=5977.msg80408#msg80408 date=1197910742]
    Dear He Wept,

We are all being a little vexing I suspect in not saying what would make this world as it is more perfect. ;)

lol, my bad

but thats a great example with St. John, i never thougt of it that way

[quote author=minagir link=topic=5977.msg80406#msg80406 date=1197906935]
    [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5977.msg79929#msg79929 date=1196646520]
    well if your saying the world cannot be perfect in anyway, untill the Lord comes, how about what is the best thing that u can have in the world- which i guess makes the answer a little more "reasonable"?  :)

i would still say:

my perfect world is with my LORD.....

:D , definately
  • Peace and

[move]Bye bye Devil[/move]
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5977.msg79923#msg79923 date=1196643252]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Perfection comes about through theosis, which is an eternal process.  Thus, a perfect world entails a complete partaking of (not in) the Divine Nature.

Forgive me if I am incorrect Κηφᾶς, but doesn't HH argue against theosis, and doesn't our church not recognize theosis as part of doctrine? I know the Eastern Orthodox Churches recognize theosis, but not so much about Oriental Churches and the Coptic Church in specific.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I know that there is some controversy among the hierarchy in the Coptic Church regarding the doctrine of theosis.  I believe it is in retaliation to a perceived heretical teaching of the late Abouna Matta El-Meskeen (Matthew the Poor).  I do not know all the details, although from what I've heard there is an argument over whether the late Abouna Matta taught that we partake in (not of) the Divine nature.  It would seem that in the Arabic, there is a problem with Abouna Matta's word choice (though, again, I'm not 100% certain).  But I do know that the Church does teach and accept the doctrine of theosis.  St. Athanasius the Apostolic, being the powerhouse that he is, taught it, and so I, for one, accept it.
  • I was just thinking for a second here, and I just came up with another question, that I hope I can find answers to, that would be deeply appreciated, well my question is, do you think in the near future at all, actually the future in general, everyone in the world will have the same opinion/standings on same issue? It doesn't have to be general issues, just like religion, not to broad, like if we were really the beginning/ base or branch of all religions. I know that everyone in the world has a say in anything, (mostly not government) but we all have different opinions, I know that, anyway please read this not once but twice and if you have any questions feel free to ask!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • heyy i relii agree with jsangel here she makkes a relli good point.  nd as for u minagir, u crack em upp lol

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ