Wutz ur favorite!!!???

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
???I was just wondering wutz ur favorite hymn???!!! :) ;D :D

Comments

• Its hard to choose just one but some of my favorites are [coptic]Pek`;ronoc Apetjik Omonogenic[/coptic] all of the hymns for holy week basically and all of the Psalm 150 tunes
  • Long [coptic]<ere ne Maria[/coptic], Praxis Response....with long ending.....
  • I love pekethronos, omonogenees, okat, and just about all the pascha hymns. I also love alel korban, anok pe pikoogy, Pepnevma, the seven tunes, and just about everything from kiahk!! Everything from tasbeha.... In fact, i love all hymns! they are a spiritual food :)

GB
    Tony
  • i just love the reading am listening to right now from that specific priest........ ::)
  • What priest?? and what reading?
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5928.msg79324#msg79324 date=1194934601]
    What priest?? and what reading?

lamintations....Fr.Metias nasr  ;D
  • ohhh yeah!! that is amazing! he is my favorite
  • Dear all,
    Once before, that thread was posted in a similar fashion, and then Mina shouted at me because I said "how can we have favourite hymns when most of them do share musical segments that are just beautiful and impressing? Also, Holy Week hymns are very deep as they help you meditate and contemplate, while joyful hymns are a bit superficial because they have to let you fly above", but I got shouted at. BUT NOW, Mina didn't shout Amoussa01 when he said all of the hymns are just amazing; they spiritual food. THAT'S WHAT I MEANT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Anyway, I just wanted to share a laugh with what I said. Honestly, I find it extremely difficult to pick one hymn as my favourite, but I can say that one becomes my favourite when it's ceremonial for it; like nowadays it is "long shere"; and midnight chants "semoti".
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5928.msg79325#msg79325 date=1194934956]
    [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5928.msg79324#msg79324 date=1194934601]
    What priest?? and what reading?

lamintations....Fr.Metias nasr  ;D

Yeah that is a great recording for Lamentations and i think it was mina who gave it to me, thanks for that i love this recording
  • My favorite hymn would have to be Ten-O-Eh-Ensok (long way of course)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    [move][/move]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5928.msg79330#msg79330 date=1194950691]
    Dear all,
    Once before, that thread was posted in a similar fashion, and then Mina shouted at me because I said "how can we have favourite hymns when most of them do share musical segments that are just beautiful and impressing? Also, Holy Week hymns are very deep as they help you meditate and contemplate, while joyful hymns are a bit superficial because they have to let you fly above", but I got shouted at. BUT NOW, Mina didn't shout Amoussa01 when he said all of the hymns are just amazing; they spiritual food. THAT'S WHAT I MEANT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Anyway, I just wanted to share a laugh with what I said. Honestly, I find it extremely difficult to pick one hymn as my favourite, but I can say that one becomes my favourite when it's ceremonial for it; like nowadays it is "long shere"; and midnight chants "semoti".
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot

you are right...and i still think that way...but that was before i learn the long praxis response.....its just beautifull
  • Dear Mina,
    Same here; but tell me "you still feel the same way; means you still feel like shouting at me again?".
    Just joking...
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • can't specify one but here's some of my favourites:
    - ten ou-eh ensok (in all tunes)
    - shere ne Maria: of the midnight praise
    - ari ho-ou tshasf
    - the long evol hiten
    - the introduction of the homily during the Great Lent (i would love to see this one on tasbeha.org)
    - fai etaf enf
    - omonogenes
    - pekethronos

• [quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5928.msg79349#msg79349 date=1194981838]

- the long evol hiten
    - the introduction of the homily during the Great Lent (i would love to see this one on tasbeha.org)

evol hiten is beautiful....
    and what homily ur talking about. the only homilies are in holy week and that is O kate kesis?!!
  • here is a list
    all of tasbeha!!!! :)  i juss luv it
    tenen
    all of pascha hymns
    tovh hina  (l0ng)
    pi epnevma l0ng( in liturgy)
      all l0ng hymns and some short
    /
    mahareel
    plzz p4m isster in Christ
  • i love the hitenes... how marvelous it to ask all the saints to pray for you in front of the throne of God... its just an amazing communication between us, and the heavenly saints... and of course the infamous panoty, panoty... (my God, my God) from bright Saturday! and many many more... for the coptic church is rich in its hymns!
  • My all time favourites, Epouro, khaine efran, tai shori, and psalm 150 in coptic. Ive loved those hymns for as long as i can remember.
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=5928.msg79372#msg79372 date=1195025245]
    and of course the infamous panoty, panoty... (my God, my God) from bright Saturday! and many many more... for the coptic church is rich in its hymns!

panoty panoty is a nice hymn. but i don't really consider it as infamous......here it is:

[coptic]PaNou] paNou][/coptic]
  • hi all
    when I stared to learn hymns ,I was like some and some just for listening them and some I dislike them but by time now I love all listening and learning .I cannot say which one is my best one all are good.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5928.msg79350#msg79350 date=1194987800]
    [quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5928.msg79349#msg79349 date=1194981838]

- the long evol hiten

and what homily ur talking about. the only homilies are in holy week and that is O kate kesis?!!
    i didn't mean "Okatee kethees"..it's another hymn . to be honest, i've never heared this one chanted in our church before because it's a very long one (about 27 min)..it is introduction to the long vatos homily during Sunday vespers of the Great Lent and Kiahk
    i didn't knew that it existed till last summer when i learnt the first 10 min of it ;D
  • [quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5928.msg79438#msg79438 date=1195159864]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5928.msg79350#msg79350 date=1194987800]

- the long evol hiten

i didn't mean "Okatee kethees"..it's another hymn . to be honest, i've never heared this one chanted in our church before because it's a very long one (about 27 min)..it is introduction to the long vatos homily during Sunday vespers of the Great Lent and Kiahk
    i didn't knew that it existed till last summer when i learnt the first 10 min of it ;D

what are you talkin about ya habibi.

there is no homilies to be read in kiahk or lent. maybe you are taking about the great Hoos which start's with "[coptic]Hwc P=o=c[/coptic]", which i think they taught in the alhan retreat in the southern diocease.
  • Allel kiahky is a very beautiful hymn as well as Hos epchoice. I dont know if anyone will ever chant it (in U.S.) during an actual service...
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5928.msg79443#msg79443 date=1195167366]
    Allel kiahky is a very beautiful hymn as well as Hos epchoice. I dont know if anyone will ever chant it (in U.S.) during an actual service...

that's a good possiblety to. it might be what is he talkin aobut.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5928.msg79439#msg79439 date=1195161293]
    [quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5928.msg79438#msg79438 date=1195159864]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5928.msg79350#msg79350 date=1194987800]

- the long evol hiten

what are you talkin about ya habibi.

there is no homilies to be read in kiahk or lent. maybe you are taking about the great Hoos which start's with "[coptic]Hwc P=o=c[/coptic]", which i think they taught in the alhan retreat in the southern diocease.

ya habibi , i'm sure about what i'm saying it's not "hos epchois"...
    it's said after the shirat in vesper praise.

if u would like, PM me your e_mail and i'lltry to send it to u but i don't promise ...
  • [quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5928.msg79452#msg79452 date=1195223785]
    ya habibi , i'm sure about what i'm saying it's not "hos epchois"...
    it's said after the shirat in vesper praise.

if u would like, PM me your e_mail and i'lltry to send it to u but i don't promise ...

well this better......more infoo.....now you can be talking about the long expostion intro.

Introduction Exposition by Higher Institute of Coptic Studies

u can still send me the file thooo.....please..
  • Thnx for u replies u guys!!!! ;D :D