Spiritual journal

edited November 2007 in Personal Issues
Does anyone keep a  spiritual journal? (I don't mean a peer-reviewed journal! :P) I wonder if anyone has any advice about how to keep one? What should I reflect on; how should I reflect on these things etc.? I just got one and thought it would be prudent to ask how to keep one, and maximize its benefits (c.f. Ecc. 10:10). I thought this might cut through the apathy and mundane nature of my spiritual practices. May God have mercy on a wretch like me.

Thanks.

XC

Comments

• well you could always ask you FOC what do with it i'm sure he can help much more than anyone here can help you because he knows you much better. but since you did ask here is my humble opinion. Read a little bit of the Bible and write your thoughts down and see what you understand and what you don't and then when you go for confession you can bring this journal and ask abouna whatever you had questions on. you can also write down certain thoughts you had on different subjects in general or possibly the sins that you did before confessing and while confessing erase what you have talked about like what happened with st. moses the black. i hope i helped in some way

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • we have to do one for sunday school. its new, and i just got the notebook yesterday. its a kind of chart and u write the starred part on the pages to follow. heres how it goes.

week of at home:
                          [table][tr][td] Monday        Tuesday          Wednesday        Thursday        Friday      Saturday[/td][/tr][/table]       

[table][tr][td]Bible Reading[/td]

[td]Morning Prayers[/td]

[td]Night Prayers[/td]

[td]Behaviors at home[/td]

[td]Behaviors at school[/td][/tr][/table]

at church:

[table][tr][td]Confession    Liturgy    Communion          Sunday School        Bible study      Choir        Hymns      Deacon[/td][/tr][/table]

*Write a verse from the Bible that you really liked.
    *Summarize a story from the Bible or a saint/ martyr story.