riddle cant solve!!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
aghabi every1,
during asheya yesterday, ubouna gave us a riddle from the history of the church.  and we will give the answers to him next week.  he also gave us another riddle but we solved that riddle yesterday anywayz i need ur help cuz im very curious. 

the riddle is:  two monks went up to heaven.  one stayed up there and the other came down.  hoo r they.  that is the

only hint i have rite now.  soo.... anyone
/
mahraeel
plzz p4m sister in Christ

Comments

• PM or post me the last riddle and the answer and try to find if there is a connection.
  • From just what you posted, I would guess St. Moses the Black ("THE BLACK" - COMING DOWN, BAD, EVIL, ETC.) and St. Takla Himanout (HAD WINGS, FLEW TO HEAVEN).
  • the answer for this riddle is Maximos Stayed up in heaven and Dometius was the one who went down.
  • Chris,
    Why? Please explain. I mean I can see your point about they are monks, but, I thought that they both went to heaven.
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=5849.msg78595#msg78595 date=1193002352]
    From just what you posted, I would guess St. Moses the Black ("THE BLACK" - COMING DOWN, BAD, EVIL, ETC.) and St. Takla Himanout (HAD WINGS, FLEW TO HEAVEN).

That makes perfect sense, cuz there both ethiopian
  • well im ot sure do u relii think thats the answer.  i no its not maximous and dometius tho becuz they said no to that.  heyy ill try to get u the other irddle but rite now im in a hurry soo plzz keep thinking as i am too. 

/
    mahraeel
  • It makes sense since they were both monks, but saint Maximous went to heaven first then 3 days later saint domadious went as it was his heart desire to follow his brother.
  • to answer aem581 is question. Yes they both went up to heaven.
  • yea but i siad alredy its not maximous and domadius.  l0l

kk the other ridle was: who in the history of the chutch found money in the mouth of a fish beside jesus in the bible, and ubouna ibrahim. 

Hint:  IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE> 

answer: amba takla hemanouts mother!
    ubouna actually for got her name which was funny l0l but umm her husbands name( amba takla;s father) was sgesub.  sry 4 the spelling.  it is prounce( se-gez -ub) however i dont think there is a connection.  thxx thio i hope u guyz find it cuz im not sure. 

/
    mahraeel
  • abouna ibrahim el baseet(humble) he threw his money in the water and somebody brought a fish later on that day and when his wife opened it up it had the money in it
  • didn't one of the apostles or disciple find a bag of money in a fish's mouth... im almost sure someone did
  • Was it Tobit or Tobias?!  :)
  • heyy l0l it was st. shenouda nd besa his disciple.  i meen hoo would have tjought of that!!! l0l but thanks anyways keep ur eyes open cuz maybe juss maybe there may be more!!

/
    mahraeel