Our Lord Jesus Christ - THE LOGOS

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello,

in the Gospel of Saint John, chapter 1, he starts by saying "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... "

But where in the Bible does it state that Jesus Christ IS the Word??

Thanks

Comments

• Yes, it doesn't say it in so many words, but if you look closely... everything in that part of John points directly to Jesus, there's no doubt and it doesn't take a genious to figure it out  ;)
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

The entire first chapter of John is a beautiful doxology that testifies to the veracity that Christ is the Incarnate Logos of God.  If you are looking for a verse that explicitly states that Jesus is the Word, I don't think you will find it, the same way you won't find an explicit use of the word 'Trinity'. 
  • 1 John 1:1-4
    That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

Revelation 19:11-13
    I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.  His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
  • Excellent response minagir,

Vassilios, if you continue reading on the first chapter of the Gospel of St. John you will find the answer to your question in verse 14 and 18

14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 

This is an obvious reference to the Incarnation of the Word, and no body ever was incarnated or will be except Our Lord Jesus Christ.

18: No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

When Philip asked the Lord to show them God, He answered him saying “ Who have seen Me have seen the Father