maybe it has been discussed before!

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
today in the gospel..it was talkin about the signs of the end of the world..later on abouna was talkin about it and he mentioned something about a "red cow"..wat in the world isa red cow?? does it sybolize something?

GBU
sandra

Comments

• LOL red cow! thats funny. made me laugh :P

It probably does symbolise something, as does everything else in the book of Revelations.. This is the first time I've heard of it though.. so, sorry.. I don't have an answer!

LOL but i do think it's hilarious.
  • Does it have something to do with the Hidus' belief in the Holy Cow?

hmmm... this is indeed interesting. 

Perhaps you all should ask you're 'abounas'  :D  right?

• i got yelled at by the lady next to me cuz i was crackin up. but i would love to know wat it symbolizes!

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=topic=5738.msg76706#msg76706 date=1189450633]
    i got yelled at by the lady next to me cuz i was crackin up. but i would love to know wat it symbolizes!

GBU
    sandra

Why were you cracking up? sandrahanna....  :D

It could be true, u never know!  The world is smaller than you think!  :D
  • There's a red (flame coloured) horse in Revelations 6:4....

How good is your priest's english? Maybe he got mixed up.
  • I agree with Orthodox11, there is no red cow in the book of revalation. he might have got them mixed up just as Orthodox11 said
  • pretty good english..but you know wat, ill ask him next week and see wat he says!

GBU
    sandra
  • hey,

well that gospel said there will be wars, rumors of wars, volcanoes, tornadoes, etc. before the coming of Anti-Christ, and usually in the speech abouna ets an example for you in his own way, that might be why, but yea ask him anyway 8)
  • Dear all,
    Let me clear this up. Yes, I heard this a few times, but I don't know how true it is, or have I researched into it. Yes, there is a red cow which according to the Jewish belief should be very important, and the day it appears (and later slaughtered), will mark the day of pulling down the Holy Mosque and rebuild the (or rather reveal) the Jewish temple. I think the story goes like that, and some people claim that the red cow has alreayd been born, and it won't be long until this happens, and then a great war will break out between Muslims mainly and Jews before the latter will believe in Christ in masses, and the Christians unfortunately fall back and become non-believers. Well, that is how I can remember of what this story is on about.
    We can all ask into it, or research, and then we can all learn.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • "Red cow"? The perfect red sacrifical calf?
    Some Zionist thing, I suspect. Supposed to be offered in the rebuilt Temple of Solomon.
  • Dear all,
    Just realised that I wrote the words holy mosque in capital, when I shouldn't have. I am so sorry.
    Yes, I think Nestor gets clear what I said earlier: I think it is that red calf that the priest was talking about.
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot
  • Dear sandrahanna
    Are you sure it's a red cow. I don't remember there being a red cow but did you mean a red horse. After the lamb of God opened the second seal it says that a red horse came out and it's rider was given the power to take peace from the earth and make men slay each other. If this was what you mentioned the check it out at the revelations chapter 6.
    pray 4 me
    Kirolos