The Holy Trinity

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
If we believe in One God, why do we need to go to the depth of talking about the Trinity.
If the Trinity are the THREE persons of the One God, then why do we worship ALL three persons. Why not only the Father?

Comments

• they are all part of one. the father is the son, who is the holy spirit. they are all seperate but one at the same time.

we say:

Let us give thanks to the beneficent and merciful God, the Father of our Lord, God and Saviour, Jesus Christ,

if you look at it closer, we are calling the father God, and the son God, therefore all though they are seperate they are one figure.

this is really brief, i dont want to get to into it cause im not that clear on the subject either so im looking forward to replies too, hope this helped a bit.
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5726.msg76462#msg76462 date=1188942235]
    they are all part of one. the father is the son, who is the holy spirit. they are all seperate but one at the same time.

we say:

Let us give thanks to the beneficent and merciful God, the Father of our Lord, God and Saviour, Jesus Christ,

if you look at it closer, we are calling the father God, and the son God, therefore all though they are seperate they are one figure.

this is really brief, i dont want to get to into it cause im not that clear on the subject either so im looking forward to replies too, hope this helped a bit.

Yep.. it's sort of like 3 characteristics of God.. for emample, you could be talkative, and also kind. 2 characteristics of one person.. because you are these 2 things you cannot say that you are talkative but not kind.. and you cannot say that you are kind but not talkative.. because you are both. Thats why we say God is the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, because, simply, He is all three.

• The easiest way to understand the nature of God is to examine yourself... after all we are made in the image of God and after his likeness... Take a good look at yourself.. You have a body, and spirit and a soul. At the same time you are ONE person but they are 3 different things. God is the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Just like man is body, spirit, and soul. You are 1 person but made up of 3 things that cannot be separated from each other. Just like God is one person made up of the father, son, and holy spirit, and they cannot be separated.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5726.msg76460#msg76460 date=1188941862]
    If we believe in One God, why do we need to go to the depth of talking about the Trinity.
    If the Trinity are the THREE persons of the One God, then why do we worship ALL three persons. Why not only the Father?

ur worshiping the 3 in 1.

i have said before in a topic:

[quote= Holy Trinity - « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 02:17:42 PM »]
    *the holy trinity is like a tree. the tree have 3 parts. the roots, the top of the tree that you see, and the joice that is transfered from the roots to the top of the tree to the leaves and the fruits to keep it going.

the root of the tree is God the Father which is hidden from everyone like the roots not shown.
    the the rest of the tree is the Son of God, our Lord jesus Christ. The Incarnated Word of God that resambles the Father. like the normal body of the tree resambles the roots.
    The joice that keep the roots and the tree conected is the Holy Spirit .

also a continuation to that is how the fruits and the leaves part of the tree and how they are grown by the help of the joice that is send from the root. it resambles us as parts of Jesus Christ and the joice, the Holy Spirit, that proceds from the Father, narishes us to live by, in, and with Him who is above.

* This was explained by Hegumen Fr. Abraam Sleman of St. Mark's Jersey City.
  • Guys,

God exists in three persons

This one God however exists in three persons, or in the Greek hypostases. God has but a single divine nature, and a single will, and is of but one substance; all three persons are coeternal, none of them having been created by another. However, because God exists in three persons, God has always loved, and there has always existed perfectly harmonious communion between the three persons of the Trinity.

We worship the Holy Trinity because the Father IS NOT the Son, and the Son is NOT the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father, yet all three persons ARE the ONE God. Because they are THREE Distinct hypostasis, each Co-existing in the ONE GOdhead, each is worshipped and Glorified. Because God exists in THREE hypostases, and EACH Hypostasis exists in the ONE God, we worship EACH person of the ONE God.

That's what I think. Correct me if i'm wrong.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

It seems to me that you've answered your own question.
  • I do not understand the purpose of this thread, you put a question and you answered it, it should be filed under Q & A!!!!!
  • [quote author=Safaa link=topic=5726.msg76491#msg76491 date=1189024219]
    I do not understand the purpose of this thread, you put a question and you answered it, it should be filed under Q & A!!!!!

OK Easy people,

I did answer my own question. But that's because i was typing out aloud in my head.

Listen, for what its worth, you've all been a great help.

Thanks. Let's do this again sometime.

God bless