favorite verses

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
am trying to find what r the most favorite verses among u guys/gals.
personally i don't have 1 favorite verse in the bible

Comments

• i have a couple.  the first three are at the bottom of this post as mi signature.  if i remember any more ill rite them

/
    mahraeel
    p4m SISTER IN CHRIST
  • nice ones. anymore?
  • I have a few favorite verses, but here are some...

"I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I i will sing with the spirit, and I i will also sing with the understanding." 1 Corinthians 14:15

"For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another." John 3:11

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40
  • i really like the first one.
  • here are some of my favorites:

"He himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses" (isaiah 53:4)

“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die." (John 11:25-26)

“I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (John 6:35)
  • Philippians 4:13
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I love this verse
  • Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

i like this verse too, its hard to explain why, but you might get why.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

This is a bit long but beautiful:

Who has believed what we have heard? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?  For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.  He was despised and rejected by others; a man of suffering and acquainted with infirmity; and as one from whom others hide their faces he was despised, and we held him of no account.  Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way, and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.  He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.  By a perversion of justice he was taken away. Who could have imagined his future? For he was cut off from the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people.  They made his grave with the wicked and his tomb with the rich, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.  Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him with pain. When you make his life an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring, and shall prolong his days; through him the will of the LORD shall prosper.  Out of his anguish he shall see light; he shall find satisfaction through his knowledge. The righteous one, my servant, shall make many righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.  Therefore I will allot him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out himself to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
    -- Isaiah 53:1-12
  • Rend your heart
          and not your garments.
          Return to the LORD your God,
          for He is gracious and compassionate,
          slow to anger and abounding in love,
          and He relents from sending calamity. " (Joel 2:13 NIV)
  • i have a couple but i have a major one.i'll tell u the ones that i like.

Luke 1:49  "For He who is mighty has done great things for  me,
                   And holy is His name."

Romans 13:8  "Owe no one anything except to love one another,
                       for he who loves one another has fulfilled the law."

Romans 13:10  "Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love
                         is the fulfilment of the law."

and my favorite is...................................

Romans 8:38-39  (38) "For I am persuaded that neither death nor
                                  nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor
                                  powers, nor things present nor things to
                                  come,
                           (39) nor height nor depth, nor any other created
                                  thing, shall be able to seperate us from the
                                  love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

• [quote author=Biscutt link=topic=5586.msg74824#msg74824 date=1185326509]

Romans 8:38-39  (38) "For I am persuaded that neither death nor
                                  nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor
                                  powers, nor things present nor things to
                                  come,
                           (39) nor height nor depth, nor any other created
                                  thing, shall be able to seperate us from the
                                  love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

that one is really, nice.. thanks for sharing!
  • John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The root of our salvation.
  • "the body is a unit though it is made of many parts, and though all its parts are many they form one body and it is with christ" i corinthians 12:12 we all are puzzle peices and together we make one body....the church. another one i like is "Whoever desires to be first, he must be the very last of all and servent of all"...does anyone know that song? its very beautiful! and last i like "choose for yourself this day whom you will serve but as for me and my house we will serve the lord" Joshua 24:15
  • Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee. And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

Luke 15:18-19

I find it touching how a full 360 was pulled by the Prodigal Son going form
    A Proud Arrogant Son to a completely Humbled Son.  It defnitley strikes a cord in ones heart
  • 2 T 2, 22: "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

my second fav is: "choose you this day whom ye will serve; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." joshua 24:15 not the whole verse but i just like this part..am wierd like that lol

GBU
    sandra
  • I like the verse where it talks about the analogy as one wins a race, many win the heavenly race.
  • 1 Verse I Love!

Proverbs 21:19 Better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and angry woman.

The verse speaks for itself!

Doogie
  • 1 Timothy 5:8; "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of hus household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"
  • sandra,
    i see that you posted the same verse as i did...joshua 24:15. did u go to the convention in florida....b/c thats where i learned the verse. my church went to that convention...i was unable to go but ppl that went told me about it (well actually they sang it to me) and i really liked it.
  • yup i was there..they made alil song about it..

GBU
    sandra
  • "There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." -- Luke 15:7
  • In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer I have overcome the world (jn 16:33)

• The Beatitudes, Mtt 5:3-16