WARNING!!! Not for the weak in Faith.

Comments

• There is no Truth

But lets say Truth = no Truth

so that means There is no (no Truth) means There is Truth

WOOOOOT a double negative

YUMMY!
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75856#msg75856 date=1187795386]
    That was a trick statement.  Just wanted to see if you would catch that one.

lol....i guess u call urself "genius" for a reason.

even thoo it was very basic math statmet just used in wordss
  • sure, you can put them all in one post if you wish.

I am new to this format of posting.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75857#msg75857 date=1187795501]
    There is no Truth

But lets say Truth = no Truth

Care to enlighten me as to how you can equate something with its opposite?
  • That was an error:

What I meant to say was that if the all encompasing truth was that there is none at all then that in itself is truth.

Let me rephrase that, and tell me if I'm right:  what you're suggesting is that, 'if the all encompassing truth was that there is no all encompassing truth, then that is truth'.  True or False?
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75861#msg75861 date=1187796253]
    That was an error:

What I meant to say was that if the all encompasing truth was that there is none at all then that in itself is truth.

why do u have to make our lives hard ya habibi.

how would there be none at all if there would still be truth?!
  • Let us assume that the following statement is true:

"There is no Truth"

Then there's at least one thing that's true: the statement "There is no Truth".
  • Assif.  I am sorry.  My Faith as you probably guessed is being overshaddowed by my carnal nature of thinking too much.

How can that statement be true if it states that there is no Truth?  It breaks down, because if there is one truth, then that statement becomes false.  One Truth != No Truth (for those that don't know, the ! means 'not' in most programming languages).
  • I guess they call that a paradox.
  • GENTELMEN!!! i think its time to agree to disagree....there is a obvious communication break down and thus this thread has become amusing more so than anything else.........

• [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75866#msg75866 date=1187797174]
    Let us assume that the following statement is true:

"There is no Truth"

Then there's at least one thing that's true: the statement "There is no Truth".

the statment can't be true if it says it's not true.

it's like saying i was born born a year ago, 8-22-2006 and i am today 17yrs old !!!!!!!

statment counterdicts itself there for it has no menaing of what so ever.

[quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75869#msg75869 date=1187797613]
    I guess they call that a paradox.

so u said all of this to teach us a new word??!!!!

Okay, just so we're on the same page here, let's define a paradox:

A paradox is an apparently true statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition. Typically, either the statements in question do not really imply the contradiction, the puzzling result is not really a contradiction, or the premises themselves are not all really true or cannot all be true together. The word paradox is often used interchangeably and wrongly with contradiction; but whereas a contradiction asserts its own opposite, many paradoxes do allow for resolution of some kind.

(courtesy of Wikipedia)

If that is what we accept to be the definition of a paradox, then what we have here is not a paradox, but a breakdown in logic leading to a contradiction.
  • Yes thats what I meant.

If you agree that what we have here is a contradiction, then why are you entertaining the thought at all?  It should be dismissed outright.
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75856#msg75856 date=1187795386]

TRICK STATEMENT
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75875#msg75875 date=1187798546]
    [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75856#msg75856 date=1187795386]

TRICK STATEMENT

lol....easiest fake answer for almost everything mistaken.........

Thanks for the reiteration of the obvious.  I did see it the first time, and yet you still felt compelled to pursue the matter.  Just makes me wonder, that's all.
  • how do you know its fake?  cant prove it can you?
  • I believe you are wasting your time and ours.

I do not see why should a faithful Christian refute or even debate irrelevant philosophy that is self-contained and that has no widespread (or even limited) media impact. Most probably such intellectual approaches affect only those already atheists who are looking for something to fill their empty "souls" or reinforce their atheist state.
  • Whats is funny is that you gave the the time of day

HA HA HA HA HA!!!
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75880#msg75880 date=1187798963]
    how do you know its fake?  cant prove it can you?

it's fake becasue of all ur sarcasm in what u've said. u just put a statment that u thought is rit and than played with it a little when u seen Cefas play with words. than when proven wrong, as every one else, says a "TRICK STATEMENT". lol, it's like saying "i knew that" even thoo u didn't......

[quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75883#msg75883 date=1187799485]
    Whats is funny is that you gave the the time of day

lol, i don't really care, i have the time to waste, but why would u waste the rest that are here ....
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=5678.msg75882#msg75882 date=1187799399]
    I do not see why should a faithful Christian refute or even debate irrelevant philosophy that is self-contained and that has no widespread (or even limited) media impact. Most probably such intellectual approaches affect only those already atheists who are looking for something to fill their empty "souls" or reinforce their atheist state.

what's weird is that they just don't include etheisim in anyway...just manipulate ur head to think on it's own...not think of a god, or other at all.
  • elepti
    My advice to you is not to waste your life trying to convince yourself you're a genius.
    Think again and may God enlighten your thoughts.
  • I ask this,
    Who promotes ideas like there is no God and also that everything related to Christ is fantasy?
    Only on the answer can I agree with you.

PS: sorry! my advice to you above is a bold but friendly one, just to convey this: you should not think further about their weird thoughts ;D

This is partly what the Lord has always answered such ideas:

Isaiah 5:21
    Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 29:14
    Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder; the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish.

Jeremiah 8:9
    The wise will be put to shame; they will be dismayed and trapped. Since they have rejected the word of the LORD, what kind of wisdom do they have?

1 Corinthians 1:19
    For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

1 Corinthians 3:18-19
    Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"

GBU
  • I am not trying to convince myself that I am a genius!

If anything, I am just trying to find the Truth.  Because we found out (HE HE) that the statement "There is no Truth" can never be true.

Just what if the Christian faith was adapted from ancient paganism? Huh? What then?
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75907#msg75907 date=1187828178]
    Just what if the Christian faith was adapted from ancient paganism? Huh? What then?

It didn't ya habibi. now u r really effacted by the video.
  • you are right.  I must close my eyes and pray to Jesus so that he may have mercy upon me.  This video is a tool of a certain group of people to discredit Christianity and the American way of life.  I repent.
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75911#msg75911 date=1187835089]
    you are right.  I must close my eyes and pray to Jesus so that he may have mercy upon me.  This video is a tool of a certain group of people to discredit Christianity and the American way of life.  I repent.

don't u ever stop being  sarcastic..............