WARNING!!! Not for the weak in Faith.

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey Guys and Gals,

I got this video emailed to me and it got me thinking alot. I would appreciate your opinions on this video especially the first 30 minutes which is on religon. Please watch and give your opinions and thoughts. Pray for me. 

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

C

Comments

• [quote author=Conqueror link=topic=5678.msg75744#msg75744 date=1187639142]
    Hey Guys and Gals,

I got this video emailed to me and it got me thinking alot. I would appreciate your opinions on this video especially the first 30 minutes which is on religon. Please watch and give your opinions and thoughts. Pray for me. 

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

very intresting.....is this all true>>
  • I dont know if its true or not but it makes alot of sense. I know the religon part doesnt make alot of sense to me. I would like Iqbals opinion on this matter if he is still around.
  • [quote author=Conqueror link=topic=5678.msg75746#msg75746 date=1187642975]
    I dont know if its true or not but it makes alot of sense. I know the religon part doesnt make alot of sense to me. I would like Iqbals opinion on this matter if he is still around.

i didn't finih all of it yet. but all that explaining till now just prove how r universe work.
  • Well, guys i actually saw this video and it is very powerfull.... for the weak in faith like me, it is very hard.... may God give us power and knowledge to keep Him with us and never deny Him. 

Interesting video....

Bes'me'ab we'weld we'menfes qidus ahadu amlak amen.

In the name of the father, Son, and Holy Spirit Amen.
  • ppl....it's not as serious. they,  who ever did the video, base their researches on stories too. nothing as real as everyone thinks. even thoo i don't know what's the reason for this. i think the egyption part and its connection to christ we do know and belive in as a doorway to copts beliving in christianty. but it's not the same.
    that's for the christianty part.

as for the other political things....that's very intresting and they might be right, they might be wrong.... but effact us as much now. that video wont change much to who watches. just another video of ppl showing their "freedom of speech"
  • Wow this just proves how perfect Jesus is at fullfilling things. Good job in substance and material, but sadly terrible for bias in interpretation.
    Weak argument for saying Jesus did not exist (The weak evidence for this argument shows a colorful bias).

If this video affected you, please read The Case for Christ by Lee Strobell. If you spent the time to find truth from this source please do the same with this book. By the way this is a somewhat accurate document, but the problem is there is a clear and apparent bias in interpretation.

Also, Christians do not take "authority"as truth. They take the love of God as truth. 
  • hi people,
    i thought some of the things that the movie touched on [relation to the religious part] is true. ie budism and espcialy hindusim, some of the facts it presents are true. ie history. the problem is the logical argument it develops is not true as far as i am concerned yet they do go pretty far in being able to convince a normal historian/person who has very limited knowlwdge of history [in depth] that thier agrument is true.

Using the facts that they present to support thier argumnet through a biased version of logic we can also develop argumnet in relation to the great awe of the sun and the stars it self out (the powers in heaven)of the works of the  devine make way for the saviour to be crucifed on the cross.

the movie uses the argumnet of the fact that it is  the sun's transition period before it shifts it direct bk into the nothern hemisphere brining spring and thus salvation.

it mocks christainity with it orgination  as a  natural cyclic weather phenomena that now is understood clearly by the all knwoing new generation of the 21st century.

i say thats  rubbish if anything God created this as another way to show how the sun itself the like of our lord and not the other way around.

the movie is disturbing  and one weak in faith will find himself lossing to its arguments. if one who does not have a personal relatoinship with our GOD one who is based on not himself beleiveing  but as a collective repsentative of his family culture will loose and doubt.
    The way i find it personally to defend my self from any doubt when perhaps i  gert stuck is to alway relaise and  by having faith in the countless perfections reached by our saints in thier relationship to God thier life alone and example is enough to take all this ridiculus on the surface doubt and chuck it in the garbage.

the latest of my addtion to that list of heros wuold be Tamav Irene
    what infuriates me is how they mock and associate the council of Nicea as a idea  propelled to control people and mass society. they do not even know tha back up of some of the most esteemed of our saint were present at that coucil. 
    even more the last sentence just throws me into a fit. these people who just sit  around who have never taken the effort to find the truth  just base the truth on waht seems most logical to them  i just hope God has mercy on them.
    and as for me and for all of us christain brothers and sisters this video should increase our desire to seek the truth and submerge our selves in it. into the life of acetism it surly has helped me thanks for the video

• It is quite fascinating how movies/documentaries such as this must set you up emotionally.
  • Did anyone know this?

Zeitgeist (pronounced [ˈtsa͡ɪtga͡ɪst] (help·info)) is originally a German expression that means "the spirit of the age", literally translated as "time (Zeit) spirit (Geist)".

Sorry about the ˈ ASCII Garbage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist
  • Nothing special!

How could all of these ideas come about in all of these places with the same story!!!

INSPIRATION OF THE TRUE GOD TO THESE ANCIENT PEOPLES FOR THE FUTURE ACCEPTANCE OF CHRISTIANITY.

These are nothing more than a glimpse of the future truth that Christ would give thier descendants!
  • Funny...

and we supported Emperor Constantine in the fight againsed the Pagan Rabble.
    Hmmm...
  • Please dont tell me the Pope uses astrology to find out when Resurrection Feast Occurs!
  • We are no longer in the age of PISCES are we.  We have entered into the age of AQUARIUS.
    Look around, no one believes in Christ anymore, no one feels obligated to be pure or holy.  Very ODD indeed.
  • I will be with you till the end of the WORLD??? Oh my goodness no!  Could it be the following:

I will be with you till the end of the AEON (AGE)...

WOWEEEWOWEEEWOW

YUN HAR EISWID!!!!!!
  • BUT!!!!!

AL SHAITAN IS TRYING TO MAKE US THINK FALSE THOUGHTS
    TO MAKE US THINK AND CREATE WRONG ARGUMENTS!!!!

THIS A DIRECT ATTACK BY YOU KNOW WHO...

SATAN
  • So how do we answer to this attack?  Hmmm?
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75824#msg75824 date=1187778826]
    BUT!!!!!

SATAN

Very true!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:(
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75829#msg75829 date=1187783061]
    So how do we answer to this attack?  Hmmm?

I believe with uniting and praying, praying, praying, praying, praying, praying, praying, praying, praying...... cause we're very weak without Jesus Christ's help.
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75829#msg75829 date=1187783061]
    So how do we answer to this attack?  Hmmm?

lol. ur having to much fun with this ya habibi.

but i would just say that all of his sources are as untrusted as christianity to an athiest. what makes u belive in all of these example all christ out. he gaves many examples..........aren't they the same in all of them thoo......so why wont u say theyy copied from each other to.

or can't u just say that God always puts things in order setting up the incarnation of His only-begotten Son!!!!!
  • The question is...

are all of these claims correct?
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75834#msg75834 date=1187787287]
    The question is...

are all of these claims correct?

i know part of the egyption things are. but he he left out the part of the person started the beliefe in one god. am sure they are also are becuase they can back it up on there sources. they're professional ppl.

but it's just weird how they would draw their own conclusion to somthing that proofs the opposite.
  • [quote author=elepti link=topic=5678.msg75824#msg75824 date=1187778826]
    BUT!!!!!

SATAN

But Seriously...

Isnt that a stupid cop out!!!
    OH ITS SATAN.  OH MEE OH MY!!!
    No I do not think it is SATAN.
    Dont be another Justin Martyr LOL.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Um... no offense, but it seems to me you have a case of SPD (split personality disorder).  Why would you post something only to contradict it later on?
  • Hello?

That first post was SARCASM!

Oh... really?  I think you need to practice more.
  • But nothing can be verified.

History belongs to the victor to twist in any way they see fit.

There is no TRUTH.  Just the TRUTH of SOCIAL CONTROL.

Your senses are continuously manipulated by the PUBLIC RELATIONS MASTERS.

Edward Bernaise I tip my hat to you good friend!
  • The human being is a traumatized, over-worked pathetic little creature mesmurized by the TV Screen.

Is there no JUSTICE?

HOW SAD!!!

There is no TRUTH eh?  Interesting statement, but fundamentally flawed.  Why?  Because that statement either includes itself or excludes itself.  If it includes itself, then that statement is false, meaning that there is Truth.  If that statement is true, it breaks down because it is claiming to be a Truth while at the same time stating that there is no Truth. 
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5678.msg75852#msg75852 date=1187794622]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

There is no TRUTH eh?  Interesting statement, but fundamentally flawed.  Why?  Because that statement either includes itself or excludes itself.  If it includes itself, then that statement is false, meaning that there is Truth.  If that statement is true, it breaks down because it is claiming to be a Truth while at the same time stating that there is no Truth. 

lol, can't not love ur analogies.

elepti, can just put what u wanna say in one post. there is no point to written all in just difrent constent posts.
  • That was a trick statement.  Just wanted to see if you would catch that one.