powerful words...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey all,
I dont know if you already have a thread on powerful words you have come across in your life, could be pased down or could be somehtign u read somewhere or from a priest or the liturgy or church.. anyhow.. u may share POSITIVE POWERFUL WORDS here if u wish..

well for me this is it:
Remember me O My Lord when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom
Remember me O Holy One when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom..
Remember me O My King when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom..

and we sing this on Good Friday :)

I just love the tune this is sung in.. it makes me feel like im in heaven with the angels and the saints and God..
the feeling that I am the thief and I will have the honour of entering heaven.. do u guys know how lucky the thief was.. he was the FIRST to enter heaven with Jesus.. WOW!.. i wish i was him..

if anyone out there knows what im talkin about.. give a shout!

Comments

• what nothign u read touches u guys/gals?

:o
  • i guess we are just that stone hearted ;)
  • um okay.... :o
  • There are some temptations a man just can't resist...

...all of them. :P

Paraphrase of St. John Chrysostom
  • Dont tell God u got BIG problems... tell ur problems u got a BIG God....
    u probably heard it before, but its still good
  • Never heard of it, but its good :D

THere was this other saying, a little girl said to Pope Shenouda once:

When the devil knocks on my door, i send Jesus to send him away

simple, but true :)
  • Powerful words??

I think the most powerful words are:

1. "For God SO loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.."

2. God is Love

3.We are Christians by faith and deeds not by sight.

• [quote author=unconditional_love link=board=1;threadid=465;start=0#msg7279 date=1090125621]
    Hey all,
    I dont know if you already have a thread on powerful words you have come across in your life, could be pased down or could be somehtign u read somewhere or from a priest or the liturgy or church.. anyhow.. u may share POSITIVE POWERFUL WORDS here if u wish..

well for me this is it:
    Remember me O My Lord when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom
    Remember me O Holy One when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom..
    Remember me O My King when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom..

and we sing this on Good Friday :)

I just love the tune this is sung in.. it makes me feel like im in heaven with the angels and the saints and God..
    the feeling that I am the thief and I will have the honour of entering heaven.. do u guys know how lucky the thief was.. he was the FIRST to enter heaven with Jesus.. WOW!.. i wish i was him..

if anyone out there knows what im talkin about.. give a shout!

Hey, we sing that too, but there's a song that goes like that...
  • Heres a wise saying: "A wise man once said avoid those who prefer conflict in discussion"
  • [quote author=Allen link=board=1;threadid=465;start=0#msg7617 date=1090480571]
    Heres a wise saying: "A wise man once said avoid those who prefer conflict in discussion"

i like that one
  • I'm currently reading a Christian fantasy novel called "GIDEON'S DAWN" that might be of interest to some of you who responded to this thread.It's about a young man from our own time and world who is mysteriously transported to a parallell world where the forces of good and evil are engaged in an epic struggle.Jesus{the Pearl},the Bible{the lost book},Satan{the evil one}and many other christian concepts are alluded to throughout the story, albeit in an allegorical style,and it is quite moving and beautifully told.The reason why it pertains to this thread,"powerful words",is because the main way in which the two sides combat each other is through "words of power".The forces of good use the words of life,while the side of evil speak forth the words of death.It is very interesting to see how these powerful words effect their lives and the world in which they live.Its a very good book and I highly recomend it to anyone who loves "fantasy" or christian books.One local high school teacher is actually making it required reading for her class.It"s really that good!If your interested you can find out more information at Amazon.com.

• My powerful words as Pope Shenouda say:
    GOD IS PRESENT
  • I'm obsessed with kool quotes... so here are afew of my fav's. - they're a lil' random, but, bear with me :)

1. You cannot kill time without injuring Eternity

2. Faith Enables Us To Withstand what We Can't Understand

3. St Augustine said - “Without God, we cannot. Without us, God will not.”

4. Abba Mius said "Obedience responds to obedience. When someone obeys God, God obeys his request"

5. Dream, with your eyes open.

peace,
    god child