Memorizing Hymns Helper

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
Salam

I did a small program for memorizing hymns and I added a text library in it.
Please try this program and give me advice.

Of course this is not all the program ,it missing allot of text but this is just a demo.
And if you can help me with hymns text that will be great .

thank you for your time

This is the link for the program

http://www.box.net/shared/qh74bxnptm

you can send me an email to [email protected] or [email protected]
Gerges

Comments

• nice idea but i cant use it. it says select 1st and 2nd selection i already did.
  • try to use help file
    and for now " choose first then second selection "
    after you can play sessions
  • what is this software exactly?
  • Hi mina
    I try to do a small program for memorizing hymns and after that I try to add text library on it.
    till now it is under construction and I need your support in the program , just try it and see if it need any more option or some development and I will do it. of course I need all text hymns to add it in the library. after that I will give it to every one free.
    Gerges
  • [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=5622.msg75272#msg75272 date=1186580369]
    Hi mina
    I try to do a small program for memorizing hymns and after that I try to add text library on it.
    till now it is under construction and I need your support in the program , just try it and see if it need any more option or some development and I will do it. of course I need all text hymns to add it in the library. after that I will give it to every one free.
    Gerges

i still don't get the memorizing hymns part.
  • me either, i tried it out and was sorta confused, i didnt really have much time that day so i didnt give it a full chance, it looked really cool but how does it work does it just play part of the hymn over and over?
  • I am very sorry may be I confused you but if you can not download it send me and I will send a new link to the program .
    first I added a help file it is not complete but it is helpful to understand what to do for any file.
    you can load any audio file then you can choose any section to play over and over and you can adjust the gap time between playing section.
    pray for me
    Gerges
  • ok....that's a little better
  • Cute and usefull program actually ;)
    Are there any plans to make a program with "hazaat",
    for example u hear a hymn with hazaat, and u see an arrow pointing at the hazaat that are being chanted at the very moment...
  • Hi hos erof
    thank you for your comment.
    for hazzat it is easy to do it but it is helpful to write your own hazzat that to get it from the program because the program can not do it automatically it should done manually.that meant I will write hazzat and add it in the program.
    pray for me.
  • Dear all,
    Let me build on Hos Erof's suggestion. I really dreamt about this a long time ago. Again, it goes on the backs of those who are intelligent, good at computer skills, and free (like school holidays, etc). I haven't yet viewed gergesezzat's program, but I hope it will be helpful. However, I think using flash technology we can play an audio file and set it up based on powerpoint presentations, for instance, with the meslismata (hazzat), and an arrow moves along following the audio (can be adjusted in time; seconds and milliseconds). That is only a dream of mine which I am trying to put in words: I hope someone may understand and build a program for us all to benefit (especially those churches who do with powerpoint presentations).
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • edited February 2015
    Hey all. I would like to first and foremost thank gergesezzat for creating such beautiful software to make learning hymns from audio files much easier. When I was growing up I used it extensively and through it I learned a plethora of hymns that I could not have learned without.

Secondly, I would like to update the community that another program has just been created that does exactly what Hos Erof and Ophadece were mentioning. You can find it here: http://copt4g.com/copt4g-hymns-tutor/

I know this thread is 8 years old, but I figured that resurrecting it to thank gergesezzat for his hard work and to fulfill an 8 year old request would be a very meaningful reason to do so. 
  • Great job geomike. And thank you for thanking gergesezzat after 8 years. This only shows that people like you are true Christian servants and deacons for Christ and His Orthodox Church.
  • Thank you Remnkemi, your kind words are much appreciated. Hopefully this program will serve to immensely lower the barrier to learning hymns. Hymns are such a beautiful part of our church, and those who are eager to learn them but were not able to previously can surely start today. Thank you again. Keep the service in your prayers.