animals :l

where do they go afterrr they die??
heaven?
if you say no....then....WHY?
they were in paradise before the f(they didn't even do anything to get kicked out)all ....what has changed??
what have animals done, to prevent them from going to heaven, now?

Comments

• [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=5531.msg73917#msg73917 date=1183929983]
    where do they go afterrr they die??
    heaven?
    they were in paradise before the f(they didn't even do anything to get kicked out)all ....what has changed??
    what have animals done, to prevent them from going to heaven, now?

Of all the creatures of God, only man is both corporal and noetic. Angels have a spirit, but no body, animals have a body and soul, but no spirit. Thus man is the 'link' between earth and heaven. This is why, when the angels fell, they alone fell, but when man fell, all of creation too entered into a state of falleness.

Since animals lack the spirit posessed by man, which is what links us to God, we cannot speak of the fate of animals in the same way we speak about our own.

That being said, we are promised that creation will be renewed at the end. Surely this includes also the animals.

Other than this, however, I don't think we can say much about animals.....but nor do we need to.
  • Orthodox11 hit the nail right on the head as usual. what makes us different than animals is that we have the spirit that God breathed into the nostrils of Adam. there is really nothing else to say because of the great respnose orthodox11 provided
  • thanks for the responses :)
    i ddin't realize we had spirits cuz God breathed into Adam's nostrils...that's pretty amazing :]
    but i still don't get it....they didn't have a spirit before the fall, so why were they there in the first place..? :/
  • They were there at first to keep Adam company but God found that they were not enough to keep him happy and that is why He said We must make him a company comparible to him and created eve from adam's rib.
  • So basically the way i'm understanding it is that animals have kind of their own paradise?
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I would urge you, PopeKyrillos, to re-read Orthodox11's post.  The answer to your question is, we don't know.
  • i think that God made animals for us. For example, we eat them, drinnk there milk.. etc. .. i dont think they go any where, because would Jesus eat animals ( example: fish ) if it was killed? and he raised other people from the dead, cured them, healed them etc. \

i might be wrong, correct me if i am....  ???
  • where do they go afterrr they die??
    heaven?

hello, i dont think they go anywere.  yes they were to keep him company.  they dont pray or do anything lke christians.  first of all.  secondly, they dont have spirts.  if im mistakely incorrect maybe someone can correct me. 

mahraeel
  • yea your right.. as othodox11 has said b4 in the earylier post, they lack the spirit possessed by man. which is what you said. ---they don't have spirits---
  • o thxxx so im pretty sure wwe answered ur questons.  i meen we can cry and get mad.  but no matter wat, they are not gonna go anywere.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!