Pope Shenouda Health - Urgent

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Good Morning all,

Don't know if you heard but H.H Pope Shenouda is VERY sick and they sent His Holiness to America for treatment. THe Church is sending out an urgent request for everyone to pray for his health.

H.G Bishop Daniel requested that for all the congregation to pray and fast and would like, to those who can, to fast tomorrow until 6pm.

There will also be a mass held at St. Mary Cathedral specially for His Holiness.

Please pass the message to everyone.

God preserve his health and keep him for us,

Comments

• There will also be a mass held at St. Mary Cathedral specially for His Holiness. Mass is from 4pm-6pm

• Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

The British Orthodox Church adds its prayers to the many millions praying for His Holiness.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • So he is currently in the US? Where in the US?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5516.msg73698#msg73698 date=1183452352]
    Don't know if you heard but H.H Pope Shenouda is VERY sick and they sent His Holiness to America for treatment. The Church is sending out an urgent request for everyone to pray for his health.

:o

Do you know how sick and what he has.
  • oh, thats not good to hear, but may the Lord keep his Holiness for us.
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5516.msg73719#msg73719 date=1183479872]
    oh, thats not good to hear, but may the Lord keep his Holiness for us.

Guys,

He's doing just dandy!!
    :D

Yep! Apparently, the fast is for wednesdays - general fast.

I got that message from Australians. As u can see, they are sincere and are going to fast anyway. I personally think its a noble and good idea!!

H.H. is in fact in America, undergoing some treatment, but he's doing fine! :) [that's the latest news!]

God bless him!!
  • ;D That is SOOOOO good to hear. May God keep H.H. for us many years to come.  :D
  • yea it is. and May God keep him that way.
  • I am grateful that your Pope is well.  The loss of one who is so dear is never easy.  May God bless and watch over all who serve Him, especially H.H. Pope Shenouda

Taylor