telekinesis

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
or the practice of levitating things, or yourself,  through only mind power.
it's been done before,  and is possible.
What is the church's view on things like that(telekinesis, being psychic...ect.) ?
i wanted to try , but i wanted to know first if i was getting myself into something wrong/bad. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, it's all mind power...but i need to know the church's view. :)

Comments

• how can you believe in such a thing? this is superstitious stuff, dont even waste your time.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=5476.msg72969#msg72969 date=1182403846]
    or the practice of levitating things, or yourself,  through only mind power.
    it's been done before,  and is possible.
    What is the church's view on things like that(telekinesis, being psychic...ect.) ?
    i wanted to try , but i wanted to know first if i was getting myself into something wrong/bad. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, it's all mind power...but i need to know the church's view. :)

Telekinesis: the production of motion in objects (as by a spiritualistic medium) without contact or other physical means

so it's somthin that is not real and if it and it's not done for good, that it's not good to consider it because it would be acts of the devil.
  • Telekinesis is essentially the ability to move an object on the physical plane using only psychic power...

how would that be an act of the devil if it's done through the your brain?? :/
    (...what's a spiritualistic medium?)
  • like i said.......its superstitious. its impossible. it will never happen no matter how hard you try. the reason why mina suggests that it is the work of the devil is because this sort of power is not granted to you by God. There have been events that consisted of witchcraft and scorcery centuries ago and these are the devil's tools. nowadays, you wont see such a thing anymore. The church does not believe in these superstitious things.
  • mmkay...thanks :) i guess..i'll play it safe...:/
    i'm just gonna stop reading about tk and how to do it. :/
    how about ppl tht can levitate...?? my brother's friend cann!!
  • We should have nothing to do with anything that smacks of 'magic'. King Saul's experiences with the witch of Endor should be before us here. (see Samuel 28:4-25)

There are forces in this world which are of the Evil One - and we should avoid them.

In Christ,

Anglian