Job

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello

just a question regarding the book of Job within the Bible- i just finished reading the book i found it really difficult to understand and once more there was something i couldnt figure out - what was Job's sin?

any other information regarding this book would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Kristina123

Comments

• hey sweetz

this thread might help
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=5015.

God bless n take care
  • hey

so his sin was that he was self righteous?

kristina123
  • All of those who disagreed with me when i said that Job was self righteous, shame on you.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=topic=5125.msg68901#msg68901 date=1174473232]
    All of those who disagreed with me when i said that Job was self righteous, shame on you.

very interesting
  • tested but yeer his sin was self righteousness
  • I would just like say that when i tried to explain that he was tested BECAUSE he was self righteous, and it was a way to correct this, NO ONE BELEIVED ME!!!

Shame shame shame shame shame....

Should i forgive? Yes.. ok. I'll forgive u,
    Feel free to send me emails commenting on my greatness and my patience with u....

• hows that head of urs vas???

i find it quite interesting that including me learnt something new and apparently that was shameful........then i guess we shud also apologise for contributing

and i belive but i stand to be corrected that u stated  "im not really of a particular opinion, but that's what the Pope said (not the above phrase) but the pope said :"God allowed Job to be tested to correct his self righteousness"

and THUS what exactly were u trying to prove that u were right or that the concept u proposed which I, mind u cleared up with EVIDENCE was right???
  • Aye Kerestina,

My head's doin just fine. When i said "Im not of a particular opinion" i mean, im not reading the story of job with any ulterior motives that suit my particular way of thinking... im open to what really is the problem. THat's why i said that. But when i said it, no one believed me.

So shame.

Now... its not a big big awful shame, its a small shame - which is just about right: shame not too big that it drowns u in guilt, but not too small so it is forgotten. Medium shame on all of u that disagreed with me.

• Aye vassilios,

[quote author=vassilios link=topic=5125.msg68984#msg68984 date=1174669887]
    My head's doin just fine. When i said "Im not of a particular opinion" i mean, im not reading the story of job with any ulterior motives that suit my particular way of thinking... im open to what really is the problem. THat's why i said that. But when i said it, no one believed me.

so you are now assuming that those who contributed to your post have 'ulterior motives that suit ones way of thinking' and thus u mean we have hidden agendas and were trying to sway ppl with our beliefs............plz do explain....well on the contrary if U had found the source or book written by H.H initially no one would have disagreeed......i dont even see where u get disagreed from it was a discussion.......you know like the exhange of ideas and opinions........to some degree (very slight) i find a truth in what u have just said.........you questioned and explored and didnt take opinion at face value....good

[quote author=vassilios link=topic=5125.msg68984#msg68984 date=1174669887]
    So shame.
    Now... its not a big big awful shame, its a small shame - which is just about right: shame not too big that it drowns u in guilt, but not too small so it is forgotten. Medium shame on all of u that disagreed with me.

oh geee...........i feel like i can die now knowing that ive recieved your forgiveness

you sound like a child..........shame? shame on you buddy........for thinking your all that (eyes rolling)

• ok

well Job's sin was self righteousness

now was it because of this sin he was chosen by God to be tested?

What are you talkin about?

Kristina123
  • agree with vassillos, Job never comitted  a sin

i saw the movie and it says that God wanted to test him by letting the devil tempt him, first i beleive his sheep and cattle died.

Then the Devil told him that that was not enough. God gave permission to the devil to strike his family and his house, that is why Job's children dieed. Then the devil still did not believe God {that Job was NEVER going to loss his faith in him}. He allowed the devil to cause him to have a very bad diesease.

The townspeople said that he was a very sinful man b/c of what happened to him. They did not know the real reason why this happened

Job suffered for years but STILL, he thanked God everyday for giving him all of what he has. His friends evenre told Job that he was a sinful man.

Finally, the devil believed God

God cured Job, gave him back his house, his welath, double the amout of sheep, cattle oxn etc. thayt he had and gave him children again
  • Thanks Egy,
    Job was a good man. God told the devil that there is no one like Job. The devil told God that Job was only good because he was being protected by God's generosity. The devil wished to test job, but God allowed it to happen because he knew that although Job was good, that he was self righteous, and through such tribulation, he could be corrected. God can use the temptations the devil gives us to also our benefit.

That's my feelings anyway,

[quote author=egy link=topic=5125.msg70998#msg70998 date=1179343234]
    agree with vassillos, Job never comitted  a sin

i saw the movie and it says that God wanted to test him by letting the devil tempt him, first i beleive his sheep and cattle died.

Then the Devil told him that that was not enough. God gave permission to the devil to strike his family and his house, that is why Job's children dieed. Then the devil still did not believe God {that Job was NEVER going to loss his faith in him}. He allowed the devil to cause him to have a very bad diesease.

The townspeople said that he was a very sinful man b/c of what happened to him. They did not know the real reason why this happened

Job suffered for years but STILL, he thanked God everyday for giving him all of what he has. His friends evenre told Job that he was a sinful man.

Finally, the devil believed God

God cured Job, gave him back his house, his welath, double the amout of sheep, cattle oxn etc. thayt he had and gave him children again