Deacon Group

edited March 2007 in Youth Corner
Hey guys, im not sure if you all know, but there used to be a tasbeha deacons group where all the deacons from teh area (north east) would make an effort to meet at a certain church once a month for one big tasbeha.  however, it kinda died out, so i was wondering if anyone was up for setting something else up like that.  So post your comments,ideas, suggestions, etc ;D

Comments

• that sounds AWESOME! i wish i could go but i live on the west coast. Can someone record it if you guys plan on having one?
  • ok so im guessing only one person thinks its a good idea????
  • I think it is a wonderful idea but i don't live on the east coast either. so i didn't post. but yeah definitly a great idea
  • that's a great idea. i think it should be held in st.mark's church in jersey city
  • [quote author=CopticPete link=topic=5114.msg68807#msg68807 date=1174248685]
    Hey guys, im not sure if you all know, but there used to be a tasbeha deacons group where all the deacons from teh area (north east) would make an effort to meet at a certain church once a month for one big tasbeha.  however, it kinda died out, so i was wondering if anyone was up for setting something else up like that.  So post your comments,ideas, suggestions, etc ;D

great idea. get back up. the truth is i wouldn't come becuase i like to pray in my church on weekends (which is St. Mark's JC), but it would be great to support somthing good. i thought that yahoo group was lead by David Bebawy who invited many people from Rutgers and NJIT.
  • ya it was actually, but i lost that email adress that i had subscribed with, so im not really getting anything out of it, lol.  Mina, Do you know if its still running? because i heard from a few people that it was going down hill.  If so, could u please invite me back. Thanx.
  • [quote author=CopticPete link=topic=5114.msg68876#msg68876 date=1174426809]
    ya it was actually, but i lost that email adress that i had subscribed with, so im not really getting anything out of it, lol.  Mina, Do you know if its still running? because i heard from a few people that it was going down hill.  If so, could u please invite me back. Thanx.

i think it's down allready. am on the group and i don't get any emails anymore. also i have friends who say the same thing.
  • omg i think that would be soooo awesome i would love it tasbeha is amazing man and i would love to go i think we should do it in St. Mark's DC they are a huge chruch but if u want it more north east the biggest church i could think of is St. Abraam in long island NY they would be happy to have you im pretty sure please work on this that would be soo awesome
  • ya well i thought it was a great idea, even though i never really got the chance to go to any except the one when we had anba david during kiahk, and it was held at our church that month.  But washington? thats kinda far, atleast for me, but the issue now isnt the different locations to hold them at, but how this is going to be set up.  so pray that we can set this up speadily and easily, and pray for me as well.

-peter
  • hey sorry that i havent replied in a while i didnt notice that anyone replied to what i said. ok so i was thinking call up the makar and talk to anba david about it and if he approves ask him to fax a flier and mail them and stuff to all the churches in our diocese and then as it gets more popular word will spread and we should have a huge turn out what do you think?
  • sounds like a great idea guys but im actually on the otherside of the world...........Ausralia. hope it works out for ya well mates.lol
  • hey!

ok so i brought this idea up with a friend of mine and they said that it would be more of a hassal because everyone would try to lead the way their church is used to doing it and you know if its like a 15-25 church thing itll be maskhara lol cause she has been to eecyc and she said it was amazing but the english was never good so cinsider that wen putting this together
  • [quote author=Christforlife7 link=topic=5114.msg69907#msg69907 date=1176758533]
    hey!

ok so i brought this idea up with a friend of mine and they said that it would be more of a hassal because everyone would try to lead the way their church is used to doing it and you know if its like a 15-25 church thing itll be maskhara lol cause she has been to eecyc and she said it was amazing but the english was never good so cinsider that wen putting this together

ya habibi this is already done, the priest and the deacons all know about but they choose not to follow.
    the english responses of St. Basil liturgy were recorded by some deacons from the NA diocese.
    this was approved through HG David by HH about 2 yrs ago. HH said follow it, and that included everyone in the US, even thoo the southern diocese have their own way.
    now the only church that use that is my church, St. Mark's Jersey City, NJ. i also heared that St. Phelopatir Markoreios belvel and St. George broklyn are starting to use it.
  • can i have a link to this lol i wanna get my church to start using it, oo and does it include tasbeha? cause if it doesnt then it isnt helpful in this case but please send me a url or track or anything lol thank you
  • [quote author=Christforlife7 link=topic=5114.msg69914#msg69914 date=1176760426]
    can i have a link to this lol i wanna get my church to start using it, oo and does it include tasbeha? cause if it doesnt then it isnt helpful in this case but please send me a url or track or anything lol thank you

well it was on eccyc.com for a while but i don't know where the response now.
    for tasbeha there is 2 main translations going around. the translation of St. Anotny monestary adn the one from the queens church. my church uses the queens book since it's an official book.
    but in eccyc, they use st.Antony one