"Holiness"

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
what exactly does it mean to be Holy?

Comments

• [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Simply, it means to be like God.  That is what the whole process of theosis is about.  As we grow spiritually and our relationship with God deepens, we become more and more like Him. 

Please pray for me.
  • quick verse:

1 Peter 1:15-16
    but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."
  • Holy can be defined as sacred or pure and as others have stated, our service to God and  gradually becoming more like him…
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5099.msg68512#msg68512 date=1173808938]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Simply, it means to be like God.  That is what the whole process of theosis is about.  As we grow spiritually and our relationship with God deepens, we become more and more like Him. 

Please pray for me.

what about when objects are called Holy (like the Bible) ?

In that case, I would refer back to what kerestina said.  Holy, when describing an object, would be in the sense that it is sacred, held in high regard, and pure.

Please pray for me.
  • To be honest, we need concentrate more on being holy. The best way is to act like other holy people, or like the saints who preceded us. It’s a hard life, especially in the west!
  • iu agree with all of you, try to act like Jesus Christ ewhern he was alive, preach about him and talk about his works, alos i think it means to end ur life for Christ like the saints did, i have a quick question: does it have to do with being humble?

hope i helped, pray for me

EgY

[quote author=egy link=topic=5099.msg68799#msg68799 date=1174244319]
    does it have to do with being humble?

Absolutely.