what is the purpose the reinactment of the Ressurection

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
In the Coptic Orthodox Church?
what are the rituals?

Whats the difference between that of the Holy Coptic Orthodox Church and the Armeanian church, the Greek Orthodox..etc

Comments

• [quote author=maria88 link=topic=4992.msg67506#msg67506 date=1171340436]
    what are the rituals?

Whats the difference between that of the Holy Coptic Orthodox Church and the Armeanian church, the Greek Orthodox..etc

i can tell you about the Coptic one but do u have info about the Ameanian and the Greek church?
  • Hi, Orthodox11 is Greek Orthodox.

He can tell us. However, as far as I can see from what he's told me, its sooo small differences.

The Greeks think that Christ was born in Athens, so they are soo stuck in their faith; but we are soo close to them.

One difference is the Trisagion.

They say: "Agios O Theos, Agios Isheros, Agios Athanatos, Elayson Imas".

But we say the same, except, we add "Who was born of the Virgin, who was crucified, who rose from the dead... have mercy on us".
    So, for us, we address it to the Son; they address it to the trinity. That doesnt make sense to me because Holy Immortal refers to Christ. The entire Agios hymn came into being from Nikodemos who said "Holy God! Holy Mighty! Holy Immortal!..." When he saw Christ's eyes after He died on the cross. (as far as I know!)...

Man, i can't wait until us and the greeks are one!! This is taking too long!!!
  • [quote author=vassilios link=topic=4992.msg67555#msg67555 date=1171472340]
    Hi, Orthodox11 is Greek Orthodox.

He can tell us. However, as far as I can see from what he's told me, its sooo small differences.

The Greeks think that Christ was born in Athens, so they are soo stuck in their faith; but we are soo close to them.

One difference is the Trisagion.

They say: "Agios O Theos, Agios Isheros, Agios Athanatos, Elayson Imas".

But we say the same, except, we add "Who was born of the Virgin, who was crucified, who rose from the dead... have mercy on us".
    So, for us, we address it to the Son; they address it to the trinity. That doesnt make sense to me because Holy Immortal refers to Christ. The entire Agios hymn came into being from Nikodemos who said "Holy God! Holy Mighty! Holy Immortal!..." When he saw Christ's eyes after He died on the cross. (as far as I know!)...

Man, i can't wait until us and the greeks are one!! This is taking too long!!!

Vassilios we're talking about the "the reenactment of the Ressurection ", which is masraheyet el qeyama that is done in the night of the feast of Resurrection.
  • [quote author=maria88 link=topic=4992.msg67506#msg67506 date=1171340436]
    what are the rituals?

I think if you go to goarch.org you can find some stuff. Maybe even a video if you're lucky.
  • awesome Orthodox11 i found a video of the ressurection serivice so im gonna watch the whole thing now and see if there is a reenactment in it thanks alot this is awesome the link is http://greatlent.goarch.org/media/video-services.asp its the second to last one so yea enjoyy
  • welli found it i think this is it atleast im still watching it but if u skip in the video i posted above and skip to 2:20:00all the lights turn off
  • [quote author=Christforlife7 link=topic=4992.msg67581#msg67581 date=1171500629]
    welli found it i think this is it atleast im still watching it but if u skip in the video i posted above and skip to 2:20:00all the lights turn off

i that's what happend here to. i think it's becasue it a .ram file. also it's like 5 hours long..
  • haha yea i kno they have the whole service recorded i jsut kept skipping through till i found it dark with the candles lol
  • there is a great sermon below by anba youssef on the resurrection enactment at the link below:

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=110&Itemid=26

i highly recommend it for all.