Global Warming.

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Is Global Warming part of God's plan (or like a sign)for Jesus' second coming?
sorry if my question isn't clear.

Comments

• [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Firstly, the issue of global warming as an actual phenomenon, as far as I know, is still up for debate.  That being said, I do not think it is a part of God's plan or a sign of any kind.  If global warming is in fact a reality, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.  This planet is our responsibility, and any changes to it (whether good or bad) is the result of our actions. 

Please pray for me.
  • [coptic]agahabe[/coptic]
    i agree i meen god wouldbt do that would he.  that would result in us dying.  be4 the second coming.  rite.  any answers to this.  this is a good question

• Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

We are called to be stewards of His creation, and if the global warming scare reminds us of the need to be more careful of what we have inherited and what we shall pass on to our children, then perhaps it will do some good.

As I understand it, the science suggests that it is happening, but is divided as to its exact cause, with some holding that it is man-made and others that it is natural.

Either way, our call is to repentance and amendment of life, so that we are fit to receive the salvation we are promised in Him who died for us and rose again on the third day. In that sense, we are already dead to this world. But that doesn't mean we can despoil it as we like - it is His, not ours.

In Christ,

John