loneliness

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
just wondering....do you think God ever gets lonely? ??? ::)

Comments

• i don't think so, he is surrounded by angels and archangels and all the heavenly hosts praising him every second and not to mention all the saints that are praying to him for our behalf.
  • hmm.. thats an interesting question..
    Well I don't think God gets lonely.. we know that there is nothing that God NEEDS that we can give Him. and if he is lonely it means he is in need of love and attention, and He cannot.
    So no, I don't think God gets lonely.
    +God Bless
  • God consists of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and so there is a sense of unity/community even within himself. He wouldn't be feeling lonely at all then. Another thing, loneliness is the abscence of someone else being present. Since God embodies all things good, he does not have loneliness...

Hope i Helped...

+CD+
  • thx guys...i was just wondering...keep posting..=D
  • Well, God is Omnipotent and can do everything, so he could make sure that some way or another he never does get bored. :)
  • Excellent point, Coptic Dragon. Spot on!
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=board=13;threadid=4607;start=0#msg63572 date=1164030015]
    Well, God is Omnipotent and can do everything, so he could make sure that some way or another he never does get bored. :)

dude..come on!! When u've got angels praising you day and night and saints praying to you(not you but like God) would u ever get bored? i really don't think so specially cuz the angels don't mess up the tasbeha lol jk jk but ya i don't think he ever gets bored or lonly!!

GBU
    sandra
  • god doesnt get lonely lol

cause he's god
  • i know..thats the point..what do u guyz mean by saying does God get bored or lonely, some questions just can't be asked!! just like last friday in pre srvants meeting..a guy was tryin to be funny and he asked where does God live? comon..there are some stuff that r common sense..and don't have an answer asasan!

GBU
    sandra

• I would say what’s on my mind... but I would get kicked off this site... and people would probably get mad! lol.... WOW! God get lonely... LOL... WOW! ummm... you’re joking right?... LOL... GOD... IS... NOT... A... HUMAN... he does not feel loneliness he does not feel the weakness of body! c’mon use some common sense... now when you go to heaven... insha'allah... what do think... you'll ever get board... leemie answer you... the answer is no... if you say yes... boredom leads to sin... so you’re saying we’ll probably sin in heaven! And when you say God gets bored… then you’re saying God would sin! Which would be a HUGE heresy… so watch what you say… think about things with some common sense!
  • Wow guys relax, i believe in God. And i never asked if he got bored..i was just wondering if anyone else thought he was lonely, i mean we get lonely when we sit around at home by ourselfs...especially during Christmas time and all and i was just thinking, even though God has a lot to do and is Omnipotent...do u think he ever gets lonely being the only one as amazing as him. i know its a stupid question, i was just wondering...i mean even though hes God and everything, and ik usually humans think like this, but you don't think he ever feels weird or too-powerful? i mean it sounds really confusing but just think about it. And ik God doesnt sin...hes perfect, and perfection is flawless =]
  • ya habibty... GOD IS GOD... he is not a human... he is DEVINE... he is not a human... getting bored... feeling tired... feeling LONELY... all these are feelings that our earthly bodies feel... but in heaven we wont feel this!
  • okay guys...u can relax, im not turning atheist or anything lol =]
    i get it
  • i didnt get 2 read the other posts butt
    i think the answer is no
    RABENA MA3AK(I)
    ~!!!~!!!~MARINA~!!!~!!!~
  • but isnt that why God created the earth and adam and eve in the beginning; because he was in need of someone to love Him? doesnt that mean He was lonely or something?

[move]confused![/move]
  • i agree 8)
  • no not really he created us to enjoy what he did on earth

as it is said in the odasss i think gherghory  or maybe the cyril

it says  i dont knw the exact words  anta lata7tag el 30boydeyatna bal na7no na7tag robobeyataka"

translation

you dont want us to worship you but we need your lordship
  • [quote author=bigmak link=topic=4607.msg67712#msg67712 date=1171677276]
    no not really he created us to enjoy what he did on earth

it says  i dont knw the exact words   anta lata7tag el 30boydeyatna bal na7no na7tag robobeyataka"

translation

enjoy what He did on earth? i dont get it.
  • [quote author=person55 link=topic=4607.msg67903#msg67903 date=1172096690]
    [quote author=bigmak link=topic=4607.msg67712#msg67712 date=1171677276]
    no not really he created us to enjoy what he did on earth

it says  i dont knw the exact words   anta lata7tag el 30boydeyatna bal na7no na7tag robobeyataka"

translation

enjoy what He did on earth? i dont get it.

i think he meant creation, to enjoy God's creation of this world but to also serve him
  • [quote author=angel from heaven link=topic=4607.msg62965#msg62965 date=1163036469]
    just wondering....do you think God ever gets lonely? ??? ::)

If we are all His sons, daughters, congergation, servants, and clergy, and we are doing what we're supposed to be doing, why whould He get lonely??!!!!
  • [quote author=person55 link=topic=4607.msg67436#msg67436 date=1171240295]
    but isnt that why God created the earth and adam and eve in the beginning; because he was in need of someone to love Him? doesnt that mean He was lonely or something?

God did not create because He was lonely, or because He was in need of someone to love Him.

Actually, the issue of love relates to the Christian doctrine regarding the nature of God: that He exists eternally as three Persons. If God was monohypostatic - as the Jews and Muslims believe - He could not be love, since He would have no one else to love (and loving oneself alone is not love by any true definition). And if one asserts that God created the world in order to have something/someone to love, it would suggest that God changed since He was not love before.

Only in the Christian doctrine, wherein God exists as three Persons within a communion of love, can one assert that God is love, yet unchanging.
  • i agree with everyone else, God does not get bored becasue he is surronded with the angekls and the saints, people praise him in heaven, heaven is like a differwent world, actually it is better than this life on earth

EgY