What do you call this? 'in english'

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i need someone to tell me what are these 'wooden kinda posts' in the church photo are called, i mean a proper name for it in english because someone needs to write about it in a newsletter article.

GBU

thnx for your help!

Comments

• anyone please?
  • I don't think they have a name, i think they are just supporting beams. anybody correct me if i am wrong its just i have never seen those in a church before
  • never hrerd of them in either sry
    wat church is this anyway?????????
  • it's st athanasius monastery UK
  • oh thank u but i rely dont no wat tjose r. im so sryy. plezz forgive me.....

pray for me and all my weaknesses
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=board=11;threadid=4944;start=0#msg66969 date=1170369867]
    I don't think they have a name, i think they are just supporting beams. anybody correct me if i am wrong its just i have never seen those in a church before

well, they were put after the place was built. so how can they be supporting
  • Again i have never seen those in a church before. maybe its possible the just put them in to seperate the two sections of the church because its all one level or because they needed to add support to the church. sorry i have been of no help.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=11;threadid=4944;start=0#msg67024 date=1170451100]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=board=11;threadid=4944;start=0#msg66969 date=1170369867]
    I don't think they have a name, i think they are just supporting beams. anybody correct me if i am wrong its just i have never seen those in a church before

well, they were put after the place was built. so how can they be supporting

mnc,

can you like take the pictre on paint and like draw a red line on what r u talking about exactly. becasue in the picture is beams, there is icons, there benches, there is the iconestasis, there is the mangaleia or the pulpit. what exactly are you talking about.
  • this is only a beam. you can say it's just somthing to saparate the nave of the people from the deacons chorus. no spicifc names. also this is only and mostly done in a church that doesn't have stairs to sparate both parts of church.
  • yeah i think hes rite