When parents don't let you go to church

edited January 2007 in Personal Issues
Hi. I am new here. I have a question.

What do you do when your parents don't want to take you to church? My Dad is at work and my Mom just does not want to put energy into driving me to church. It just gets me so angry. The church is only 15 minutes from my house. I want to take confession with abouna but my parents are in the way. I don't know what to do. It's tearing me a part.

I am Coptic and I need urgent help. I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Comments

• im sorry to hear this the only thing i tell you is find a friend who lives close to you and ask them to give you a ride im sure they wont say no. you can also tell your sunday school teacher and see what they tell you. im pretty sure if they live in the same city as you they will pick you up. dont be afraid to ask. also tell your father in confession that you are not capable of coming to every Sabath.
  • Yeh I agree with Konafa, find a friend who lives close by and ask for a ride.

If you cant find a ride, i guess u can take a bus.

We have a bus in melbourne that takes me right in front of my church.
  • and pray for your parents..prayer always helps
  • You may want to attempt to persuade your parents to take you through some slight gesture. For instance, you may want to call your abouna to call your parents. Or prehaps there is a mean to convince your parents that there is some essential event going on in church that needs to be addressed. Callin your sunday schoo teacher may also help to alleviate some of your aprehension.

God Bless.
  • you know, call abouna up and ask him in this situation. honestly i was in the same problem and i too only live 15 minutes away from the church i go to...but you know what i realized is that God allows these things to happen.

just because your parents won't let you go to church doesn't mean you should lose all ties with your faith or the church service. turn on the computer to the mass that they have on live broadcast, pray on your own, keep your bible readings constant. and pray!

you know after awhile, through devotion and your love of church your parents will want to get up and take you to church because they see your dedication, you may even inspire them. have all the faith and love in God and you will be fine.

you know all our homes are supposed to be pure and like little churches. stay strong.
    ;)
  • lke they said if its kk bi ur parents, then call up ubouna or a ervant and ask for a ride. ell ur parents u relly want to go 2 church. pray to god and ask him. he is your frend, father, savior and guide!! he wil do watt is best!!!
  • LOL... i thought I was the only one that went through that... LOL... bosy aw bos... there are great answers here... so here is what I can tell you.... follow what they said... something i did... was talked to my parents... i guess I had an appealing convorsation because thy started drivin me right after... sooo... try that...
  • god bless
  • maybe u can call sum1 whoo lives near u who can bring u...........
    GOD BLESS
  • I guess if God wants you to go church, he will find a way but you need to talk to him so he can guide you.
  • tell ur parents a convincing story. tell them how u hav to eat from jesus. if u understand wat i meen. pull out verses from the bible.

hope i helped even... a liitle