What a beautiful day today? isn't it?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hello Everyone,
I hope it was a beautiful day today, at least for most of you :)

Well, i want to start an activity here and hopefully it'll be successful

do you ever look around and start thinking, the trees look nice today, the sun is shining..........so what? can we relate to this in a more spiritual way? of course we can :)

Here is an example i came up with:

It's winter and the leaves fell off except for the christmas trees... hmmm so how can we look at the trees and try to think of a spiritual example on those lines.....
I thought of the regular trees as someone who is not strong in his faith so when hardships come (winter), he doesn't last very long and falls in sin (just as the leaves fell off the regular tree) ....however, the christmas tree (the strong and true christian) is not affected by the cold weather (hardships, annoying satan, etc...).

do you get the example, its a really good exercise to make us think and relate to things around us in a more spiritual way.

I came up with more examples but i'll wait till some of you start posting ........ so come on people THINK ;D ;D

Thanks and keep me in your prayers :)

Comments

• Yeah i have thought of that before too. those are great examples. You could also look at the trees that lose their leaves in the spring as a sign of repentence because their leaves come back. you get what i mean? i wish it was a beautiful day here we are stuck in the middle of a blizzard :-\
  • ya that's a really good one too.. i've never thought of this before.

so now we have 2 examples so far...anymore people ? anyone?
    think of nature, animals, anything around you ...

well, too bad it's not a beautiful day for you, i hope it gets better ::) ........... but maybe you could relate to it in a spiritual way ... ahhaa :-\ .... let me think :-\

;D
  • well you could think of the snow as a time of trouble for the trees and that in the end it can make the trees that last stronger
  • i really like this thread, i think its important to recognise what a beautiful world it is we live in and be thankful for the many things the Lord has given us as we often take things for granted, plus the human species are hard to please we always seem to ask for more :(

tell us more of your examples St. Demiana, i was thinking something about how God is always with us eventhough we cant see him, maybe that could link with the air we breath, i dunno :-\
  • Thats a great example we need God but can't see him and we know He's there just like the air we breath. we need it, but we still can't see it, and we know its there
  • Kerestina and Jydeacon,

I have to disagree with the both of you on not being able to see God’s love.

We see God’s love everyday through the individuals who bring us closer to God. We see God’s eternal love for us when we are loved and when we love back.

Just a thought I guess…

In His Name
  • i completely agree with you joyisgod i was responding to stuff in nature this had nothing to do with people and most of this stuff is hypothetical or whatever you call it. its just another way of looking at the world around us.
  • i agree that God is around us and we see him in all the good things and good people around us but i did like the air example. i need the air because i cant live if i don't breath and at the same time i don't see the oxygen by itself, however, i do see air bubbles and that tells me that there is air so could i say this more spiritually........ i need God and i know i can not live without God in my life and in my heart but i do not see God literally, i see his works and i see him in people around me but i don't see him , himself.

Does that make sense?

ok i do have another example,

i thought of the sun and the moon :
    whenever i look at the moon , i say wow the moon looks great tonight , its so goergeous . but it is not really the moon, its the sun that reflects its rays on the moon, otherwise the moon is just a dark body. so how could we learn from this?

First, the sun resembles God . our brains are so limited that we can never understand everything about God just as we can never look directly at the sun because its light is too strong for our eyes. because God is too big to understand, he reveals himself to us in many different ways, we learn about him from the bible , from church, through saint stories. also, when we look at the moon, we see some of the reflected rays of the sun but not all of it.

second, the sun could also be the servant / sunday school servant. i shouldn't be looking for praise and hear people saying wow what a great servant. i should draw people towards me but towards the kids i am serving (the moon) and they should be able to see christ in them (christ could be the rays).
    so the sun (servant) reflects its rays (God's teachings) on the moon (kids) so we look at the moon and say wow instead of looking at the sun and saying wow!!

Third,the sun could also be the christian in general and the moon is my behaviour so i want people to see Christ ( the rays) in my behaviour.

Does that make sense? that's how i thought about it :)
    i'm open for ideas :D

pray for me,

• [quote author=joyisgod link=board=11;threadid=4780;start=0#msg65327 date=1166925708]
    Kerestina and Jydeacon,
    I have to disagree with the both of you on not being able to see God’s love.
    We see God’s love everyday through the individuals who bring us closer to God. We see God’s eternal love for us when we are loved and when we love back.

well that wasnt what i was trying to say, eventhough you are right about God's love, i was talking about his prescence, eventhough we dont see God everyday, we still know he's with us and we need him as we need the air we breath
  • wow Demiana, thats really nice, very creative and thoughful
  • Wow I love little analogies like this.. mine don't always relate to our spiritual lives or nature.. but they usually relate to life.

One that just popped in my head is speed bumps. speedbumps are like our friends.. they might slow us down but they also protect us. I came up with that when I was having a bit of a crisis.. It's times like those that really bring out my creativity :P

My FOC once told me the one about the air.... :D:D

+God Bless
    Keep `em Comming !!