Would God forgive me?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi Guys,
I have a particular sin that I always fight, but at the end I always fall and I rise up and then fall again and rise up and fall again, this process was repeated lots of many times. I fights as hard as i possibly could but i fall, and I have that aweful feeling of extreme guiltness and embarrasement to stand in front of God and pray. I asked my FOC and he always told me not to lose hope, but I get very embarrased from my FOC to go for confession and confess with the same sin everytime. I don't know I just feel very bad about it, any suggestions?

Comments

• Guilt, embarassment, shame etc. are superfluous and meaningless emotions unless their energy is expended towards the active renewal of mind; a change of attitude and perspective that enables you to fight temptation harder the next time around.
  • Hey baladoos,
    God loves us so much, we are more dear to Him than we even know, no one is perfect or without sin, God knows that we are all weak, but you cant give up, even if we are down He lifts up, He is our strength when we are weak. Dont be ashamed of confessing the same thing many times, you know St. Moses the black, one time, he was being fought with a sin, so he went to confess it, however he was still being fought by the same sin, and so that night he went to his father of confession over twenty times...confessing the same sin. You have to try harder, and know that it is not by us who are but dust can we overcome the devil, but through Christ all things are possible. Have faith and trust in God and know that no matter how many times you fall He will still love you and still be with you, but you have to hold unto Him and try to fill your mind and your life with Him, with heavenly things, so that all the bad will go away.
    Of course He will forgive you, He came for us the lost, Jesus left the 99 sheep to go searching for the one that was lost.
  • When one encounters a sin one must first try to figure out what the source of the sin is. If it is a sin, such as a lustful sin, most likely it is due to too much time. When one has so much time, from what I know, in this time of idlesness is a perfect time for the devil to attack with his temptaions. When one occupies himself with other things, especially if they involve God, like going to church, praying, practicing spiritual excercises, etc... one does not give the devil the chance to do this. One should ask his father of confession what to do for spiritual excercises etc.... If I recall correctly, el Anba Antonios learned that it is through prayer and works that somebody battles evil temptaions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • Thanks for the reply and help guys
    I know really well that God loves me so much, more than I love myself, and that what makes me feel very guilty and very annoyed from myself that I annoy him.
  • lol you don't annoy God. God waits for us the whole day to finally stand up and talk to him, you shouldn't feel embarrassed at all. Also, when you feel embarrassed infront of your FOC thats ABSOLUTLY normal, this is exactly how you should feel at confession time because that means that maybe next time when it comes to doing this sin you'll remember how embarrassed you got when confessing and never do it again..i hope you got my point.

GBU
    sandra
  • I knew the answer to the topic question without even reading your post.

God will never deny a sinner that wants forgiveness.

The answer is definetely YES.

God Bless
    Pray for me
  • i totally agree with mjoe80
    even the terrorits..who killed more than 3000 ppl...if they repent..God will forgive them..

now u..u couldnt have done anything worst than that! so dont worry..! and even if it was..GOD IS MERCIFUL
  • my foc always tells me when satan starts to tempt me, i should get my self busy, and get my brain thinking about something else other than what i was doing before satan started, and may be get up and go take a walk...

this might help u i hope.
  • ++++For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.+++prov 24:16

Note:the number 7 here means infinity

My dear brothers and sisters if you ask any one in hell now if they were there because they sined ....... they will say no because we didn't repent.

here is a nice tarnima i like to sing about this subject hope u read arabic it talks about how satan always tells u that your sins made jesus forget you but i heared jesus's voice telling me that he didn't.

ÞÇá áì ÇáÔíØÇä ÎØíÇß ÎáíÊ íÓæÚ íäÓÇß
    áßäì ÈäÝÓì ÓãÚÊå ÈíÞæá áì ÇäÇ æíÇß

ÕáíÈì ßÇä ÈÏÇáß æÞÈÑì ÏÇ ßÇä ãßÇäß
    ÇäÇ ÈÏãì ÝÏíÊß æÈãæÊì ÞÏ ÇÍííÊß
    ÊÚÇáì ÊÚÇáì ÊÚÇáì, ÊÚÇáì ÇáíÇ ÇáÇä

I have this tarnima but the file is bigger than 1000 kb, send me a P. message if you want it emailed